Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Than'layne, Book  (Read 248 times)

Anonymous

Than'layne, Book
« on: September 09, 2007, 04:18:30 am »
[center:36zrix1f]_?___  ???__?__?___?__Table Of Contents_?___  ???__?__?___?__

"I have a secret my Master. If you read me, you'll find it out."

"Read me, want me, never put me down, for when you do, the world will end."[/center:36zrix1f]

Author Than’layne
Nick-names The Dusty Old Tome
Printed On Just a little after time started
First Copyright The number is much too great
“What Gender Title To use” Appears masculine
“What’s your Fancy?” Doesn’t care about sex
If found, please return to... No one
“What your Genome tells us you are” Old One
“What would a Vampire think of your blood?” Would think he’s a squid.
“Standard Height Charts” Book form he’s about a foot tall and a foot wide, avatar projection is just over five feet tall
“Would this is hurt if I dropped it on my toe?” Book form weighs about half a pound, avatar projection is just as heavy.
“Ocular Components and Pigments Within”  Avatar projection has eyes that are half blue and half violet
“Follicles Fall Frequently” Avatar projection has silvery hair
  “How to pad your Resume” He is a Herald
“Where do you come from?” The big bang pin point
“Where are you now?” Flying through space
“Do you talk enough that people can predict what you’ll say?” “Read me, want me, desire me, pick me up and never put me down.”
Character of Mine Most Likely to... Cause the destruction of a nation.

__________________Getting Past The First Few Chapters[/size]

Physical Description
There are two forms that Than’layne has. The form of a book, a rather dusty old tome, and then the Avatar Projection. His book form is strange; he is about a foot tall and a foot wide, rather average for a tome this old. His pages are thick, very thick. The strange spidery writing within cannot be truly understood by anyone that opens his crinkly old pages, but once someone lays their eyes upon the first page, they can understand it. Only the first page has writing, the rest of the pages are blank, that is, until they finish reading the first page. Then, as if by some force, as if it knows you are done with the current page, new writing begins to appear on the next page. It goes this way until you reach the end. The face of book is leathery, rugged, and rough, two strange symbols are inscribed on the front of the book, though the rest of the book looks old, these symbols shine through as clearly as the day this book came into existence. The dark mauve colour just seems to catch the eyes, a small shimmer of gold will pass through the mauve if the owner looks away too long.
The Avatar projection looks much different. The book disappears, and instead is replaced by a petite young man, who looks a little taller than five feet, and seems to actually be almost nineteen years old. Slim, almost to the point of seeing his ribcage, he has this innocent, kid face to him. His eyes are half a glowing blue, brilliant and giving off light, while the other half of the eyes are violet, contrasting to the blue that they sit beside. His hair is silver, shining, shimmering, and falling amongst his face which only gets brushed away by a small hand. He doesn’t seem to be muscular or athletic, androgynous in a way really.

Personality
Than’layne has a very curious personality, he wishes to know everything he can, and therefore, he will always ask questions, and he will always voice himself in soft tones. However, there is something about him, just the way he acts, that is almost…uncertain, one can’t put their finger on it.

Weaknesses
As a book, he is weak to water and fire, both of which can ruin him and leave him incapacitated. However, the book just seems to regenerate itself, even if it has been turned to ash and scattered.

In his Avatar projection, he is weak against fire, which seems to cause him great pain. He seems to crinkle and turn to ash while bleeding a dark inky blood.

Strengths
He has strong powers, ones that can be unlocked by one of the Old Words found within his pages. He holds the knowledge of a countless amount of years within his pages and they can be accessed as well within his Avatar Projection, one just has to know how to trigger him properly.

Often times, Than’layne will create a bubble of some power around him and his owner, stopping anything that would serve to harm his owner and himself from harm. However, he needs to be closer to his owner in order to do this, and he has to be told by his master to protect them, or else he will just allow harm to befall them.

His owner, power, knowledge, new things he has not seen, new experiences

Dislikes
Fire, water, ignorance, people who serve to harm his owner

Magic/Abilities
His magical powers are stunning, they are things that few people can dream of. Within this dusty old tome, he has such wondrous powers that could be used either for good or for bad. One just has to know how to unlock them, and unlock him as well. He acts as if he is quite stupid, but a simple word will allow him to regain his personality.

There is an allure while he is in his book form. Once you touch the book, you are instantly drawn to keep it near you. While it is in the possession of a living master, that master cannot seem to part with the book, not until they die. If the book is stolen, it will simply appear back with the owner. The owner can only part with it if they burn it, or if they die.

Family
None
Friends
None
Foes
The Disciples of Light

History
They say that before time nothing existed. Before time, space, thought, light, there was something. A darkness. An evil. It existed. However, there was also something else in the void. Light. A burning spark. In these old tales, Light and Darkness fought, and eventually the fight grew so strong that there was an explosion of such magnitude it created…everything. Realms. Worlds. Planets. Gods. Everything was created in that single moment, and the Disciples of Light were able to banish that evil, chain it up within a place no one would ever find. There was more trouble though. That darkness wasn’t the only thing that existed. There was a new power, a new darkness, a new evil. One that had no knowledge of its life, but it existed. A book.

This book was the bane of existence. The Anti-Existence if you will. Wherever that book went, things were left in ultimate ruin. This book released within people the most terrible powers and they preformed great deeds. The first person to hold this book was a being who had no name, one that survived on a planet with many brethren. At first, the book was just a possession, something it cherished, it needed to have. The being grew distant from the rest of it kind, hoarding the book and reading the strange pages, the ones that seemed to know what it was thinking and when it was done a page. It became an obsession, a thousand years would pass and the being was able to finish the book. The book vanished, and a great sorrow rose within the being, though it was soon quelled by the appearance of a strange young creature.

That was the biggest mistake. The being made friends with it, and soon…the book was alone again. A power so great had been unlocked within the being, and as such, the entire section of space was destroyed. There was nothing left of it. No light. No darkness. It was empty. The book was hurled through time, through space, through dimensions, through realms. Each time it came into possession of a sentient being, they found their obsession. They had to read the book. They had to. Each time, however long it took, they would read it, and it would disappear, being replaced by the child. Eventually, that would be it. Nothing would exist once more. No light. No Darkness. Just another strange feeling, a disturbance, a slight twinge in one’s mind, and then the book would be off again. It would hurtle through to the infinite amount of worlds, the infinite amount of dimensions, simple causing them to not exist. Not that it is an evil book, but power such as the books was taken too lightly, and there was massive destruction.

The book’s symbol on the front. It was a warning. It was a moral.

Stay thy hand, let the power flow through you, and ignore the siren call.

Ignorance is bliss.

Commentary Ah, I thought this up at 4 am. I have no idea what it is all about. Not even sure if I’m gonna use him either. The book needs a master to function, and even then, I think it would be a great storyline. Can someone resist the temptation of power so pure, so powerful, so life altering, or will they give into its call? Makes me get goosebumps.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 02:51:23 am by Anonymous »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal