Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: How did I get here? (Mdu_ntr)  (Read 6062 times)

Anonymous

Re: How did I get here? (Mdu_ntr)
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 08:24:32 am »
A light above her flickered and she pulled her legs up to her chest as tightly as she could. "I'm not from here, I'm from very far away." Louhi replied to his question about not knowing of space stations. "I haven't been with people who know these things long at all."

She didn't really have the skill to attack. It had happened once when the Man who had done this to her in the first place, was attempting to train her, but over all, things just happened against her will-- like the light that exploded over her head at that moment.

It was a vicious cycle. She'd get nervous, things would break and that would just make her all the more nervous.

She planted her face against her knees "I don't do things on purpose" She whispered, glass shards from the light peppered through her hair. "I'm not a witch. I don't hurt anyone. I can't make trees fall on people." Her injured leg was spasming and all the memories were flooding back. The servants coming together to burn her at the stake, Wrestling her up onto the platform, twisting her leg until it broke, the pleading and begging, the heckling, the fire, the tree falling on two of the men, giving her a chance to escape with her life, though her broken leg had been rather severely burned.

What powers she had, she had no idea, but she apparently had some, mostly brought to life when she herself was in great danger, or perceived there to be great danger. "No one can make trees fall on people. I'm not a witch." She was about ready to start hyperventilating. The last person who had 'taken care of her' and tried to teach her to control her powers had turned on her and left her without a friend in the world. No one she knew was still alive, or if they were, they had not been found and had not found her.

Overall, she was a terrified child in a strange place and utterly alone in the world.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 07:26:27 pm »
Thanael watched Louhi cowering on her chair. It was a sad sight to see a mage like this. If she had no control over her magic then she would be useless, which meant she would be sent to TRIM. His eyes flicked to the roof when one of the lights flickered and exploded. It wasn't a problem, it would be easily fixed. What was a problem was that they were still ten minutes form the base, there were more dangerous things that could explode and there was a windstorm on the way.

The girl was beginning to panic but he wasn't going to sedate her. A sedative would not be proper because she was not attacking nor was she hostile. 'Ship,' he said. 'Cancel the sedative and get me a magic suppressor.'

'Mage, you are not speaking sense. I need you to calm down,' he said as he walked over to a cabinet, which appeared in the same manner that the first aid kit had. He pulled out a plastic package with a large needle in it. In total the syringe was half the length of his hand and the needle was about two inches long. He came over and stood next too her. 'I am about to give you something that will stop your flow of magic. You will not be able to do any form of magic until it wears off but it will not affect you in any other way,' he explained. It was always best to tell mages what they were in for. It gave them a sense of trust so they were less likely to attack.

Thanael unwrapped the plastic and put it in his pocket before assembling the syringe and needle. He held firmly onto her arm and prepared to inject the needle. 'This will sting a bit but it would be in both of our interests if you accepted this without issue,' he said. It was both a reassurance and a warning.

Anonymous

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 09:41:58 pm »
She quivered in her chair, but she looked up, her eyes clouded with conflicting emotions as she eyed the needle in his hand. That thing was huge in her opinion and it seemed he was going to stick the whole thing into her arm, but she didn't fight him. She had learned long ago that fighting against grown men didn't really get her very far most of the time. Besides, pain was something she had learned to handle fairly well. She didn't nessicarily have a high threshold for pain, but she endured it better than most girls her age.

"You...you can make it go away? can you make it stay away?" Hope lit in her eyes, bringing them from stormy grey to a lavender. "Mostly, I don't really need it." At least not until boars tried to eat her, then random defensive powers did come in handy.

She hesitated, but then timidly asked "Can you please not call me mage?" It was apparently just a new-fangled word for witch, and when people started calling her by a title of people they commonly hated rather than a name, she got nervous. Her breath was still coming in little hiccups, but the lights weren't breaking, though they were still surging a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 06:47:26 am »
Thanael tapped the syringe and inserted it into her harm. He squeezed out all but the last drop of liquid, pulled the needle out and rubbed her arm. 'This will last two hours. After that you will probably be somewhere where magic cannot be used,' he said.

'Is it such an offence to be called what you are? I do not see why I shouldn't call you mage but very well,' he sighed. 'I am guessing mages were not treated kindly where you were, Louhi.' It was a statement but he made it sound like a question. They still had some time left and he wanted to use it to calm her down before they got to the military base. If she asked too many questions it could get quite awkward. He would tell her most things that she asked but he was sure many of them would only increase her panic. Not all of the Mordecai were kind to their charges.

'Have you ever heard of the Mordecai, Louhi?' he asked. As far as he knew, Mordecai had been around since Connloath had been around. He was still trying to figure out where she could be from, more out of curiosity now than for his report. When the puzzle was complete he'd probably lose interest in her. She was a mage after all.

Anonymous

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 10:24:08 am »
"They didn't call them mages, they called them witches and they tried to kill them in all sorts of horrible ways" Louhi said quietly, eyes on her lap, hand over the injection site on her arm. She looked up after a moment though. "But if you intend to kill me anyway, perhaps it is fitting. I would consider it a great favor if you would do it quickly and not keep me in anticipation if killing me is the goal."

As the injection set in, the lights stopped surging, her eyes returned to a 'normal' shade of rather pale blue, but she was shaking more than she had been. Perhaps it was that knowing she was fairly defenseless. Even if it came to hand to hand combat, she had a little training, but she was still a small girl and suspected there would be big men trying to make her whatever it was they were going to do.

"No, I don't know what Mordicai are. I was a servant. I have very little education" she said quietly. She was trying to assure herself that death wasn't so bad, and honestly, after all the things she'd had done to her, being killed was probably one of the kinder ones.

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 06:12:42 pm »
'Kill you?' asked Thanael. 'I have just repressed your powers and taken care of your burns. I reassure you, I have no intention of letting you get hurt, let alone killed. What has been done to you that you would think that?' Thanael frowned. Something traumatic must have happened to this mage to have her this terrified. Mages never worked as well when they were scared, which would explain why the light had blown. Now that Louhi wouldn't be able to explode any more lights, he started collecting shards of glass from her hair.

'Mordecai have the power to control a mage's abilities. They are linked together through a mental bond, which is controlled by the Mordecai. I am such a person,' he said. 'Do you have any control over your abilities?' He thought about it for a moment, there weren't many Mordecai that would want an uncontrolled mage. It was highly likely that she would go through a gruelling training process or be sent off to TRIM.

'I'm afraid you may have a hard road ahead of you, but let me reassure you again. Nobody is going to harm you. You are going to be taken to the hospital where healing mages can look after you,' he said in what he hoped was a reassuring tone.

Anonymous

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 08:18:15 pm »
She was silent for several moments after that statement as she considered what she was going to do. Deciding maybe he needed to see what had happened to cause her to be so terrified, she inched her skirt up until it showed a thin band of skin just above her stocking. In her mind, legs were a private part of the body, so one didn't simply go flashing them around in full view. The skin was horribly scared with deep burns, burns which had recieved no modern medical attention, and so her being alive was actually rather amazing on its own considering the liklihood of infection within such a large wound. Had she been willing to show her entire leg, it would have become clear that the scar nearly encompased her entire leg, and the leg was crooked besides.

"I was fortunate to escape with nothing worse" there was a bitterness in her tone that hadn't been there before, but did not linger long. She would not allow herself to keep her tone bitter while talking to the man who seemed to hold his life in her hand.

"So...mages never have a private thought to themselves ever again?" She asked curiously. That seemed...well, somewhat unbearable. She spent a lot of time thinking, and if she had to watch what she thought as much as she watched what she said, she thought her head just might explode with the effort.

"Sometimes I have some control...but mostly things happen when people try to hurt me. I'm not even entirely sure they aren't coincidences sometimes."

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 10:07:03 pm »
Thanael put the glass in an unused compartment- the ashtray - before examining the mage's leg. It was deep and very old, how old had she been when she received it. When he heard the bitterness he looked at her face. 'I will take you to the hospital as soon as I check back in to base. There you will be treated by healing mages. I am sure they will be able to heal you,' he said. 'Tell me about how and why you sustained these injuries.' He moved her skirt back into position and brushed some more glass shards off her shirt.

'Ship, I need a dustpan and brush. Assess any damages,' he ordered.
'Two lights have broken as well as the optical wires to them.'

A cleaning cabinet appeared and Thanael got to work dusting off all the glass from the shattered lights. He could do nothing about the remnants of the lights on the roof. The ship would have to go into repairs, which meant he would not be able to go out on reconnaissance missions. Paper work was good too, which is what he'd probably be on until they found him a new set of mages to choose from.

'Hmm, so you do not even know when you are using your magic. It sounds like your abilities are connected to your emotions rather than your mind. You will need to work on that,' he said. 'Do you know where your abilities stem from?'

Anonymous

« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 10:58:48 pm »
"How and why?" Louhi asked in surprise "The house servants tried to burn me at the stake for being a witch" She uncomfortably folded her arms across her chest. "That's what they do to witches...just like you have things you must do to your mages." Hopefully nothing that mean though.

She sighed and shrugged "Things happened...things that couldn't be explained and the always happened while I was around, so they decided I was a witch." She shook out the folds of her skirt a little.

"I've learned a little to be able to tell when I'm using them...though I've also started learning when to expect them to come of their own accord I think."  She shrugged "I don't think I understand the question. I don't know what you mean by 'where my abilities stem from.'"

Anonymous

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2008, 03:37:10 am »
'I see. That is a very old method of mage extermination. I didn't know there were places that still did that,' Thanael said. His eyes grew wide when he realised what could have happened. 'Louhi, what year is it?'

'That is indeed an unfortunate manifestation of power. You will not find many Mordecai interested in connecting with you,' he said. there was a slight trace of sadness in his voice, very slight but it was still there. Hopefully with a Mordecai controlling her powers, they would become less random. 'You will need to fix that or you may be sent to TRIM.'

'When you feel your powers, what do you feel? Do you sense the air around you, objects, heat or something different?' he sked. It would be good to find out as much about her as possible before they got back, which would be very soon. He could see the city up ahead and the ship was beginning to slow.

'Louhi, look outside and welcome to Tynova. That is where you are being taken,' he said as he waved a hand towards the front window. He studied her reaction. It was dubious she had seen anything this size before. It was likely to be a daunting experience and he didn't want her panicking when they got there.

He glanced out the window at the green and red city. All about the city greenery and fountains could be seen, contrasting dramatically with the red buildings and earth. The sun reflected and glittered against numerous bodies of water, which were provided by mages and their keepers.

OOC: I'm not sure if you wanted her legs healed or not. If you don't we could say they are too old to be cured or that she identifies with them and her mind cannot accept the healing (she is resigned to being crippled for life).

Anonymous

« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2008, 07:58:40 am »
"I have no idea what year it is. The year it's supposed to be is 1693, then, I think I ended up in 2012 was it? I got hit by a car because that crazy man dropped me right in the street with his magic, and on the bad side of town too, and then I guess I got the hang of that too well and managed to find my friend, so I ended up in the wasteland and the caves in whatever year it is now" She knew she was not in her own time period, it was blatantly obvious.

"Before he got mad at me, he was teaching me to use my powers, and I was getting better, but after that I didn't really have a time or place to practice that wouldn't draw a lot of attention." She shrugged slightly "I think I could learn....but it doesn't really sound like I have time to learn" She looked up at him, questioningly. It sounded like they wanted Mages who were already good with their magic and didn't want stupid little girls who didn't know how to make things work.

She looked out the window and just gazed for a moment. Perhaps it was a good thing she'd been dropped into a 'big city' before being thrown here. She did know a little of large things, even if she wasn't entirely comfortable with them. "I've never seen anything like it" She said quietly, creeping closer to the window to try to see better.

OOC: No, I don't really want her legs healed. They can be too old (they're very very old compared to what the mages are used to healing I'm sure) and I think the evil dude who took back the healing in the first place, probably put an anti-healing something into it, so even if they managed to heal it temporarily, it'd probably pop right back to what it had been.

Anonymous

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2008, 04:54:55 pm »
'Interesting. Perhaps we can stop him from rebounding you through time again. Do you know anything about this mage?' he asked. Thanael wouldn't want to be near the mage but such a creature could be useful in defending and terraforming Mars. Louhi had a long road ahead of her but at least she would not be subjected to "witch hunting" or other heinous practices.

'If you have the capacity to be trained then there are facilities, or I am willing to keep you for the time being. My own mage attacked me and has been sent to TRIM. Hopefully you won't turn out the same' Then in a tone that left no room for argument he said, 'I will bring this matter up after I make my report.'

The girl had not panicked as he had expected. That was a good sign; the faster she got used to her new surroundings, the more useful and stable she would be. 'It is a beautiful city. The people of Edanith pride themselves on how they care for their natural environment.'

The ship started to descend as they got closer to the city and came up to the docking station of Neladre Fortress. Thanael once more took over the controls of the ship and brought it into land. There was a small bump of resistance as the ship came in contact with the floor.

'Ship, I need a pair of handcuffs and the log files,' ordered Thanael. Another cabinet appeared and he pulled out of of several sets of mechanical handcuffs. They were old models so they presented a physical barrier rather than anything else. A small light started flashing on the ship's controls and Thanael lifted up his jacket sleeve to reveal a mechanical wristband. The flight's log and reconnaissance information was now being sent wirelessly.

'Put your arms out. I need to put these on you,' Thanael ordered. He opened the handcuffs with a touch of a button and a spoken command. 'These handcuffs are voice activated. If you try something foolish all I have to do to stop you is make a command. As I have said many times previously, I have no intention of letting harm come to you.'

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2008, 08:10:31 pm »
"He killed a lot of people I think...he brought me blood to drink" She stated, fighting back the gag reflex that always came with the thought of drinking the blood. "He can turn himself into a dragon and apparently travel through time...control the weather. It doesn't rain on him when it rains." She explained "But I don't know where he is now. I hope he stays away. Do you think I will be safe here?" Her eyes seemed a little hopeful finally. Being enslaved wasn't so bad in her opinion. Really, it was all she had ever known growing up. She hadn't been a slave exactly, but she'd always served someone.

"I don't intend to attack you" So far, there had been no reason for her to attack him. He had not tried to cause her harm, so she had no need to defend herself. "But I would like to stay with you if I may" She was not eager to get to know a whole new person and she didn't trust whoever she might be handed over to when he was done with her.

Louhi eyed the cuffs a moment, but then meekly and reluctantly extended her arms. "This will make walking difficult" She stated softly, more simply to let him know than to argue. She didn't want to have him get upset that she was slow or if she fell. She looked up abruptly. "Will I be able to keep my walking stick?" that was a major concern. Some people viewed it as a weapon, but she needed it simply as support and to prevent herself from putting her entire weight upon her damaged leg. Without her walking stick, her pace was slow and pained most of the time. The stick had also become a security blanket of sorts and she simply felt better with it in her hand, even if it did not actually change the situation at all.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2008, 08:53:16 pm »
'I doubt he will be able to get to you now that we are in Teinar. We keep our city safe from psychic, physical and magical attacks. You will be safe so long as you follow your Mordecai's orders,' he explained.

While Louhi had been sitting down, he hadn't thought of her legs. He would have to get another pair that allowed for freer movement until they got to the hospital. He went through the still open cabinet and found a pair that used energy rather than mechanisms. These ones could be moved apart, so long as she didn't move too fast. 'If you move too fast or pull these ones too far away, they will shock you. They are the only pair that will allow for you to use your walking stick.'

'Ship, are there any wheelchairs here?' Thanael asked.
'No, there is only a set of crutches.'
'Open the doors and turn off then.'

'You may take your walking stick with you, are you able to walk a fair distance?' he asked. Even if the wounds were old, she still had a lot of burns and other injuries, which were newer.

He walked to the door and waited for her to follow. He would probably have to lift her down the stairs.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2008, 10:24:45 pm »
"All right" Louhi said, allowing him to put the energy cuffs on her and shift herself slowly to be able to grasp her walking stick and move somewhat freely. "I can walk a long way" She assured. "I used to walk all day every day when I had to leave my first house" It didn't mean she was happy about it, but she had done it and she had no real reason to complain in her opinion. "When I have my walking stick, I can move around perfectly" perfectly might have been an exageration, but she could do most of the things a normal person could do. She walked, ran when she had to, climbed stairs and the like and only on exceptionally bad days did her leg cause her enough pain to force her to sit down and rest frequently.

She carefully navegated her way down the stairs, though it seemed it was something she was used to doing on her own. Once on the ground, she gazed around her in awe. "It's a very pretty city" She viewed things differently than a lot of people did. She could find beauty anywhere and in anything if she chose to look hard enough.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2008, 07:01:08 am »
Thanael walked half a step in front and to the side of Louhi, in a way that showed everyone that she was his. His step was brisk but he glanced every now and then to make sure the mage could keep up.

'I is beautiful. We try to keep our technology in tune with the environment so it will not turn out like the earth did. Aedolis has ruined their planet and now reaps the consequences,' he said. There was something sour in his voice.

He continued walking until they got to a nondescript room with the name and rank on Thanael's superior officer on the door: Massah K. Iman. 'Louhi, remain silent unless spoken to directly. You are not under my control yet so anything you say will be at your own peril,' Thanael warned. He did not want to scare the mage but if she spoke out of turn, his officer might not take it too kindly. He had said he would not let harm come to Louhi but he could not vouch for those above his station.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2008, 08:42:01 am »
The entire way to the door, Louhi descretely gazed around her, admiring and appriciating the life the planet was managing to sustain-- especially after spending so much time in the Wastelands and similar areas. "Yes, that is why it is poison" Louhi murmured in agreement.

She gazed up at the door, trying to read the name, but the words were unfamiliar and she did not have the time to work them out, so she simply nodded "Yes sir" She tried not to siddle closer to him, but maintain the same distance, but her grip on her walking stick tightened even so. She had delt with grumpy and particular masters and mistresses before, ones that demanded servants practically grovel in their presence. Speak when Spoken to was an order she could handle. Habitually, she also kept her eyes lowered to a more humble and less openly curious position.

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:29 am »
Thanael rapped short and sharp on the door, thrice and waited to be admitted. He stood exactly two metres from the desk and saluted. The man behind the desk stood up and also saluted.

'Master Sergeant,' said the superior officer, glancing at Thanael's stripes. 'What is it you wish to see me about?'

Thanael dropped his hand and pulled it to his side before speaking. 'Master Sergeant Thanael Harbour reporting from reconnaissance. I found a mage in the desert, she is lightly wounded and requires attention.'

'She can wait. Mage, come over here,' ordered Massah. He had a strange accent, as though he came from a further off colony.

Anonymous

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 07:28:57 am »
Fighting the growing urge to bolt in fear, which she almost never gave into anyway, she quietly approached the desk, trying to end up where he wanted her, though he had not clearly specified exactly how close 'over here' was.

She didn't correct him about calling her mage, but it brought up her fears again. If she was simply 'mage' she had no value, no meaning, not even as a servant. She was easily discarded, like sun rotted fabric-- no use to anyone. Rotten fruit could at least be thrown in the compost.

"Yes sir" She murmured, coming to a stop at the corner of his desk, cautiously observing for signs that she was too close, or need to come closer. She desperately didn't want to anger him and was now trying very hard not to wince as her leg was throbbing with sharp pains. She was tired, she was burned and her leg was acting up, and yet, her she was, trying to keep her potential new master's boss happy.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2008, 07:39:18 am »
Thanael stood and watched the mage walk over. she seemed scared. fear was something that would be useful. It would warn her not to disobey, even though he would never harm the girl.

'Come closer, mage. I can't talk to you if you keep cowering like that!' Massah snapped. 'First of all, what is your power and what level of training have you received?' he didn't seem to care that she was obviously in pain. Massah was the type to just get things done, mages were despencible and could be used up.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal