Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 33652 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #460 on: August 25, 2016, 09:31:58 am »
"Oh!"

With a slight start, Jewel slapped a hand to the back of her neck, then let out a laugh. "Huh. Yeah, I guess so. Shit, that's weird."
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #461 on: August 25, 2016, 09:44:25 am »
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it," Jesse said, and he looked at the inside of the box. He started unpacking what seemed to be pasta supplies.

"After we pack everything up, how'd you like to try the SenseNet?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #462 on: August 25, 2016, 09:48:01 am »
Jewel fixed him with a flat look. "Is that reeeally a question you even had to ask?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #463 on: August 25, 2016, 10:05:10 am »
"Yeah," Jesse said, returning her look with a smile.

"Some folks get a bit nervous their first time around. It helps to be eager!" he said, and he clapped a hand onto her shoulder with a wide smile.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #464 on: August 25, 2016, 10:08:24 am »
"Nervous? Why? Isn't it all just fake? A simulation and all that?" Jewel said with a curious tilt of her head.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #465 on: August 25, 2016, 10:13:34 am »
"It's the actual jacking in part that shakes people up sometimes," Jesse said, and his hand lingered on her shoulder for a few moments before he used it to gesture to his own jack.

"It's kinda like going under for surgery, but a bit quicker. Takes about two seconds or so."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #466 on: August 25, 2016, 10:14:34 am »
"What."

Okay, yeah, Jewel wasn't aware of that part. Her eyebrows rose.

"Does it...hurt?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #467 on: August 25, 2016, 10:18:16 am »
"Hell no," Jesse said.

"When you plug in, you're going to feel kinda heavy as you switch over. After a couple of seconds, to motion inhibitor kicks in and you close your eyes. Then, you're in the virtual world," Jesse explained.

"There's a margin of a second between the inhibitor and going under, so you won't be able to move at all during that time. It happens so quick, though, so you'll barely notice it."
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:18:32 am by Daglobster »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #468 on: August 25, 2016, 10:24:14 am »
"That's it? Huh. Okay, yeah, that doesn't sound so bad," Jewel said with a shrug.

"I mean, I guess it is if you're freaked out by needles and shit?" She motioned to herself, a gesture encompassing her many piercings and the tattoos peeking out from the collar of her shirt. "I obviously don't have that issue."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #469 on: August 25, 2016, 10:27:54 am »
"I can see that," Jesse said, eyes wandering to her collar to try and get a look at the tattoos peeking out from under there.

"How inked are you?" he said, getting a bit closer to sate his curiosity.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #470 on: August 25, 2016, 10:33:02 am »
"Not as inked as I wanna be," Jewel said, and noticing his look, she hooked a finger in the collar of her shirt and stretched it out and off her shoulder. Just enough to expose one red, watercolor-style rose inked onto her shoulder, and the thorny vines that snaked along her collar bone and met between her breasts.

"It's on both shoulders," she said. "I want a shitton more, but these things are expensive. Especially for someone making minimum wage."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #471 on: August 25, 2016, 10:37:23 am »
"Looks expensive," Jesse said, and he traced a finger along the edge of the rose.

"Damn fine ink, too..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #472 on: August 25, 2016, 10:42:16 am »
Jewel shivered a little as he traced a finger along the rose, but she grinned and gave a small shrug. "I figured if it was going permanently on my skin, I was gonna save up for the best of the best. Great guy, Jeff. If you're looking for ink, he's at The Meteor in Tynova."

She let go of her collar, letting it snap back into place. "You got any ink yourself?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #473 on: August 25, 2016, 01:41:04 pm »
"Naw, but I've been considering it," Jesse said, and he rolled up his sleeve on his right arm and flexed it.

"I wanna get one of those tats that makes my arm look all cybernetic and stuff," he said, and he got back to unpacking.

"Always liked the aesthetic of a cyber limb, but I was never too keen on willingly getting my arm hacked off."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #474 on: August 25, 2016, 01:44:04 pm »
"Pffhaha, uh, yeah, no. Go for the fake look. I've heard people actually get their arms taken off willingly, and I...yeah. I can't even imagine," Jewel said with a shudder, rubbing at her arm as though imagining it.

"Tats are way, way less painful," she said, as she opened up the next box and started to put away its contents.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #475 on: August 25, 2016, 04:41:40 pm »
"I knew a guy in Cancer--" Jesse started, and he put a couple of packs of sour gummies on the counter from a box before he resumed unpacking.

"Had what we call a junkyard jaw. Dude could bite through scrap metal."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #476 on: August 25, 2016, 06:38:45 pm »
"Hah, sounds like a new party trick for the frat boys to break out," Jewel said with a snicker--before her eyes fell on the gummies.

Oh gods, sour gummies. No fucking way.

She snatched up a pack of them. "Oh my gods tell me one of these packs is mine."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #477 on: August 26, 2016, 09:38:26 am »
"Wasn't too far off from a party trick," Jesse said, and he motioned to the sour gummies in Jewel's clutches.

"My food is your food, so knock yourself out," he said.

"I'd save it for later, though."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2016, 10:38:17 am »
"Yeah?" Jewel said, and set the pack back down.

"Whatcha got in mind?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2016, 10:44:24 am »
"I mean, I plan on getting stoned later," Jesse said.

"After Edanith, I planned on taking another scavenging job over in Cancer. It's gonna be a long trip, even by hyperdrive."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal