Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 33638 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #440 on: May 13, 2016, 12:01:51 pm »
Jewel came to a dead stop when Jesse announced he'd gotten her some plants.

"Uhhhh...that's...you what?" she said, and gave him a wide-eyed look. "After I said I'm a freakin' earth mage? You really think that's a good idea? I dunno what the hell I'm doing with this power! I could end up choking us all to death when they sprout all out of control and tangle in the engines and vents and stuff!"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #441 on: May 13, 2016, 12:13:50 pm »
"Relax, I didn't get any trees or vines," Jesse said.

"You said the ship could do with a bit more green, and you know what? You were right. So I got a couple of flowerpots, a fern for my room, and an itty-bitty little cactus for my dashboard."

He put a hand on the small of Jewel's back, and chuckled at her.

"I don't think you're gonna go do all that, anyways. Hell, maybe you could use 'em for practice."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #442 on: June 15, 2016, 05:36:09 pm »
"A cactus? You got a stabby plant? With me around?" Jewel let out a nervous laugh as she let him lead her along.

"You've got a lot more faith in me than I do."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #443 on: June 15, 2016, 06:04:10 pm »
"It ain't a big cactus," Jesse said, and he laughed a bit. He motioned to the boxes, and nudged his eyebrows upwards.

"Wanna help me arrange the plants?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #444 on: July 01, 2016, 02:10:46 pm »
"Yeah! Let's do it. Just, y'know, steer clear of me in case anything goes horribly wrong."

Jewel knelt down by the boxes and took a deep breath. "See, the thing is, I'm not even sure the extent of what I can do?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #445 on: July 01, 2016, 03:45:24 pm »
[One of these days, I'm gonna get some grid paper and art up the Lindy-Lou's interior]

"Neither am I," Jesse said, and he popped a box open to reveal a small fern, just the right size to fit in the center of the common room's table.

"But these're just ferns and small plants. Can't exactly do much with 'em, I suppose."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #446 on: July 28, 2016, 04:50:11 pm »
"Watch me go and prove us all wrong and wreck EVERYTHING," Jewel muttered as she eyed the fern like a viper. But despite her apprehension, she couldn't deny that she felt drawn to it, the same way she felt toward earthy things in general. She'd always had an affinity for the natural; she'd always just figured it was her upbringing, being raised by Edani with Edani aesthetics.

Of course, she'd eventually come to realize that affinity went far, far deeper.

"It's pretty," she said at last, cautiously.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #447 on: July 28, 2016, 06:18:37 pm »
"Let me tell you, the Lindy-Lou's been through much worse than you," Jesse said, and he gave Jewel a smile. He picked up the small fern, and held it out to her. His warm smile deepened.

"Go ahead, put it somewhere nice."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #448 on: August 10, 2016, 10:19:52 pm »
Taking the pot gingerly between her palms, Jewel stared down at it--and couldn't help but smile, just the smallest amount. It was pretty. And she did like plants. And...

And so far it wasn't growing to mammoth proportions and trying to eat her.

She gave Jesse a cautious look. "Is it okay if I put it in my room?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #449 on: August 10, 2016, 10:36:55 pm »
Jesse waved a solid affirmative to her.

"Go ahead," he said, happy to see that smile on her face despite her trepidation.

"I'll be arranging a couple of these in the living area."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #450 on: August 10, 2016, 10:46:27 pm »
Cautiously, Jewel balanced the pot in one hand and touched one of the fern's soft leaves. Still nothing. It only moved because she had moved it.

Huh...

"It'll definitely brighten up the place. Space is cool and all, but man is it...sterile," she said as she looked around the place. "Techy. I guess you can't really get too hippy dippy out here. Anyway, if nothing else, they'll add some extra oxygen to the air, yeah?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #451 on: August 11, 2016, 09:19:30 am »
"Yup! Less strain on the carbon filters means I can keep 'em longer," Jesse said, giving Jewel a smile.

Jesse stepped a bit closer, and looked at the fern with her.

"Back on Cancer, you'd be lucky to see a flower, let alone a tree," Jesse said.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #452 on: August 13, 2016, 10:45:03 am »
"Eugh. That sounds depressing," Jewel said with a frown. "Good thing we got these, then 'cause like...yeah. Thanks for these! I know I'm weird about plants and stuff but y'know. Being what I am...I had to be careful back home."

She smiled down at the fern, then shrugged. "I'll be right back. Just gonna stick this somewhere so I don't have to keep holding it!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #453 on: August 13, 2016, 05:47:27 pm »
Jesse nodded, and motioned for her to proceed. In the meantime, he started unpacking some more plants, starting with a small cactus that he went to go put on his dashboard and moving onto a bushy, decorative plant for a bare corner of the common room. There were other boxes, too! He'd resupplied his pantry and all of his other supplies when they made port, so he busied himself with unpacking those as well.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #454 on: August 14, 2016, 10:26:24 am »
"Wow, it already looks less dead in here," Jewel said as she walked back into the room, scoping the place out, noting the new plants. She nodded to the boxes. "Need help?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #455 on: August 15, 2016, 09:35:14 pm »
"It'd be much appreciated," Jess said, motioning to the boxes.

"Robots're charging right now, so I could use some help resupplying the kitchen."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #456 on: August 25, 2016, 09:04:24 am »
"Yeah, sure, not a problem," Jewel said as she went over and grabbed a heavy stack of two boxes, grunting under the weight. But she made sure to lift with her knees, not her back, and was quick to shuffle on toward the kitchen.

Even though her place here was as good as secured for now, some deep part of her desperately worried about being useful.

"Get anything good?" she called over her shoulder as she plopped the boxes onto a counter and started to tear the tape open.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #457 on: August 25, 2016, 09:21:21 am »
"Nothing too extraordinary," Jesse said, carrying the conversation over from the adjacent room. The interior of his ship carried sound quite effectively.

"My docking protocols automatically refill the things I need more of, so there's probably some veggies, a decent bit of canned food, and a couple cuts of chicken and fish," he continued.

"I wasn't that low on supplies, so there ain't much to pack in."

He came into the kitchen and right up next to Jewel, carrying a couple boxes himself.

"The rest is snacks for you know what."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #458 on: August 25, 2016, 09:27:04 am »
"Snacks?" Jewel asked, and raised an eyebrow.

"You mean munchies?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #459 on: August 25, 2016, 09:30:33 am »
"That's another way to say it, yeah," Jesse said, turning to half-face her and resting an elbow on the counter.

"So, how's the implant feelin? Did you already forget you had it in?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal