Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]  (Read 34733 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: The crown Jewel of poor planning [DaGlobster!]
« Reply #400 on: October 23, 2015, 07:38:25 pm »
"I was thinking a long island iced tea," Jewel said, scratching her chin. "Which, incidentally, is also full of vodka. I'm sensing a theme here..."

Slowly, her hand migrated from her chin to her neck and then the back of it, and she tentatively ran a finger over the port--and shuddered. "Eugh. Am I supposed to be touching this yet? Or am I gonna get it all infected if I do?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #401 on: October 23, 2015, 08:06:02 pm »
"Naw, it's sterilized itself when it went in. Pretty advanced doodad," Jesse said, and then he motioned to her eyes.

"Nanites should be hitting your eyes now. See the outline on this wall?" Jesse said, and pointed to a blank spot on the wall. Indeed, there truly was a shining outline on it, a small rectangle where there'd previously been none.

"The jack sends signals to your brain, tells it how to see things a bit differently. Basically, you've got  VR vision going around in your noggin. You can see things like port covers and all that."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #402 on: October 25, 2015, 01:38:48 pm »
"Whooooaaaa..." Jewel said as she stared at the wall, and she blinked a couple times as though to check her vision and ensure it was actually real. She reached up and rubbed at her eyes and blinked again.

"So I can see things better now, is what you're saying?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #403 on: October 25, 2015, 02:27:30 pm »
"Yup," Jesse said, and he put his hand on the rectangle. It beeped, and a port in the wall opened up, revealing four jacks set into the wall.

"This bar's got it's own SenseNet domain," Jesse said, and he motioned to the bar around them. A few patrons who were sitting at table were, in fact, plugged into the wall.

"Means that it's also a place on the SenseNet. It's a bit early for you to jack in, though."

Their drinks arrived, and he winked at her.

"I've got a trainin' program on the ship. Ever watch this movie called The Grid? The one where all the humans live in this computer program? I'm gonna train you up like Orpheus trained Leo."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #404 on: October 25, 2015, 03:47:31 pm »
[*snortlaugh* xDDD]

"Whoa, shit, you serious? Is the SenseNet like that? Like I'll be able to back-bend away from bullets slow-mo style and shit? Sh-pow--wah!" Jewel tried to imitate the scene, leaning back in her chair and throwing out her hands, but had to grab the table when the chair rocked back and nearly tipped her over instead.

Laughing, she righted herself and leaned her elbows on the table like she'd totally meant to do that. "Pfffhaha, I won't disappoint you. Catlike reflexes and all."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #405 on: October 25, 2015, 04:00:02 pm »
"Actually, yeah. SenseNet's pretty much just like The Grid," Jesse said. She couldn't have noticed it, since it was all happening under the table, but Jesse'd actually caught her chair with his feet, making sure that she didn't fall.

"Doesn't really take much training. Although I can put us in a kung-fu dojo, just like the movie."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #406 on: October 25, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »
"Dooo eeeet," Jewel said with a wide grin. "Seriously, sounds fun as fuck. Even better, since there's that whole can't die thing. Hey, even if you can't die, per se, does like...getting shot still hurt?"

And as they spoke, a server came by and passed them a menu for happy hour appetizers, and Jewel paused only to give her order: long island iced tea and mozzarella sticks.

"Extra marinara sauce," she added with a nod and a sweet smile Jesse's way.

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #407 on: October 25, 2015, 04:24:08 pm »
"Oh yeah, it still hurts. If you die, it just forces you out of the SenseNet. Might even give you a migraine, depends on how you go."

Jesse ordered his drink as well and nodded appreciatively at the mozzarella sticks.

"Excited to jack in for the first time?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2015, 05:06:13 pm »
"Do pirates like booty?" Jewel said with a deadpan glance, before she cracked a grin and threw up her hands. "Uhhh, hell yes! How long does it take before I can? Oh, and..."

She narrowed her eyes playfully at him, right as the server came by with their drinks and appetizer. "Just don't shoot me, 'kay?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2015, 05:11:57 pm »
"No promises," Jesse said, and he was quick to snatch up a mozzarella stick, and claim a cup of marinara for himself. It was a good thing she ordered extra!

"It'll be a couple hours until your body finishes adjusting. It'll be ready by the time we get back to the ship."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2015, 07:10:06 pm »
"Sweeeeet. So when we get back, we'll just like plug in and go from there?" Jewel asked, taking a sip of her drink. "Heeeey...what happens if something happens outside while you're in the system? Like if there's danger outside or something, like someone decides to kidnap my body or whatever. Do you wake up or...?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2015, 07:27:47 pm »
"Well, when you hit the SenseNet, you sorta just... noodle out," Jesse said, and he went limp in his seat to demonstrate.

"If someone nudges you, you'll get a notification that someone brushed against you, and you can sorta half-jack out if you want to make sure nothing funny's happening. If someone tries to pick you up, or shoves you too hard, you'll snap right back."

Jesse dipped his mozzarella stick, making sure to get plenty of that delicious marinara on it, and then took a big 'ol bite out of it.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2015, 08:58:47 pm »
"Ohhhh! 'Kay, that's cool. Just wanted to make sure, y'know, no one's gonna kidnap me or draw dicks on my face when I'm all in the zone," Jewel said with a grin.

She soaked a mozzarella stick in marinara and shoved it in her mouth, realizing then how damned hungry she was. She may have eaten her weight in s'mores and pancakes earlier, but she'd always had a fast metabolism, much to her friends' envy.

Still chewing, she picked up another stick and motioned at Jesse with it. "So what's your favorite thing to do there? in the SenseNet thing."

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #413 on: November 27, 2015, 01:00:00 pm »
"Well, there's so much to do, it's like..."

Jesse trailed off, and he smiled as if struck by nostalgia. There were so many possibilities, and the thing about the SenseNet was that in many cases, your imagination was the limit.

"Well, there're these great places on the SenseNet where you can hang out and stuff. Kinda like a chat room, but it's actually a room, ya know? There's whole nightclubs on the SenseNet. The games are pretty great, too. Did you know they have Uber Smash Brothers on SenseNet?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #414 on: December 15, 2015, 01:17:40 pm »
"No way," Jewel said with a surprised laugh. "No, I didn't know that! Do you mean like...you get to be one of the characters and like hop around on the levels beating each other up and shit?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #415 on: December 15, 2015, 01:22:41 pm »
"Yeah," Jesse said, and he dipped the rest of his mozzarella stick in and took a big bite.

"We gotta get you oriented before you do any of that crazy stuff, though. So you know what it's like, yeah?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #416 on: December 25, 2015, 12:32:13 pm »
"Yeah!" Jewel agreed, and snatched up another mozzarella stick, intent on fitting as many in her stomach as she could before she got sick.

"What's the plan after this, then? Back to your ship or...?"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #417 on: December 25, 2015, 12:39:17 pm »
"Was anything else planned?" Jesse said, cocking an eyebrow as he tipped his drink back and finished it.

"Oh! We gotta get you a cable. For your SenseNet port."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2016, 11:33:32 am »
"It takes a cable?" Jewel said, and cocked her head.

"...Well, duh. Of course it does. Man. This is gonna be so weird, plugging into shit like a freakin' appliance!"

Offline Daglobster

« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2016, 12:00:52 pm »
"Brain's the greatest appliance you got," Jesse said, and cracked her a smile. He finished his drink, and set his glass out to the side. He reached into his jacket, and pulled out a thin cable that was styled to look like a thick copper wire, complete with yellow caution lines.

"You can get 'em pretty custom."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal