Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Blaine Clé, Pilot Cardinal  (Read 1143 times)

Offline Tally

Blaine Clé, Pilot Cardinal
« on: May 24, 2008, 04:28:17 pm »

Blaine Clé, Pilot Cardinal

"And your grammar! I mean it was just so...grammatical!" ~ Blaine being a tool

I, I can do anything
If you want me here
And I can fix anything
If you let me near
Where are those secrets now
That you're too scared to tell
I'd whisper them all aloud
So you can hear yourself

~Angels and Airwaves: A Little's Enough

Current Threads:
choosing amongst one's thoughts
Who's Watching?
Completed Threads:
None yet!

__________________IDENTIFY YOURSELF

Name:
Blaine Clé

Species:
Human

Height
5'9"

Home:
The Citadel, Haviah, Aedolis

Pilot Cardinal

THE REAL YOU________________ __

Appearance:
With big, pale blue eyes, an honest face, and a certain delicacy to his features, Blaine looks younger than he really is and gives the impression of naivete and cheerfulness. He dresses in trendy outfits when not in uniform and though he will never be muscular and bulky, he's in good shape and follows the fitness training required for Pilots. Always ready with a smile. Perfectly styled strawberry blonde hair.

Personality:
Blaine is kind, compassionate, and determined to make Aedolis a better place for all people. This gets him into trouble, as he is openly critical of the government and the dragons.  Sometimes goes overboard with the lighthearted, breezy act, but he does it to keep the tension down between himself and other Pilots.  Has gotten good at walking the line between troublesome and treasonous. Believes that the best way to bring about change is by working with the system, not against it.

Publicly declares to be asexual and have no interest in sex.  Is secretly a masochist, and would do just about anything to keep people from knowing this.

History:

Stage 1: 15
Stage 2: 15-19
Stage 3: 19-20
Stage 4: 20-21
Stage 5: 21
Pilot: 22

As a candidate, Blaine expressed his disapproval of the Aedolian military government often and loudly. Both of his parents were terrorists who were eventually caught and executed, and Blaine was given over to the care of the state. He was a lot more bullheaded back then, thinking in his callow youth that he could deny the Powers That Be and prevail.  Under normal circumstances, a candidate with such issues would never be allowed to pass, but Blaine is a rare and valuable precog, and many years were spent on him to create a usable Pilot. His candidacy was a tribulation, even in comparison to the norm. Much effort was spent trying to break him.  He was treated like a POW during the early years of his candidacy.

While they never succeeded in forcing him to renounce his views, the Blaine Clé that finally graduated was not the one who had first come into the program. He saw himself as a part of the system rather than in opposition to it. He remains a conscientious objector to many governmental policies, and has been court-martialed half a dozen times for stepping over the line. He is considered to be on permanent probation and will never be permitted to rise beyond Cardinal.  He is not allowed in the ATC.  All Pilots outrank him, regardless of time served.

Blaine belongs to Voodoo, a small black dragon who is good at keeping him in line.  Voodoo is not especially fond of humans and doesn't tolerate their nonsense well.

Strengths:
Blaine's psychic gift of note is precognition. He can see the future and has the most success predicting the outcome of events with random variables. The more a thing depends on arbitrary and non-human circumstances, the better his success rate is.

He is also a telesthetic, able to see what is happening in certain distant places, though his accuracy rate is too low to be reliable. These two abilities plus telepathy make up the entirety of his psychic arsenal.

Weaknesses:
Telekinesis, common as far as psionics go, is not one of Blaine's gifts. He has to move things the old fashioned way. His psychic defenses and offensives are below average.

Most of the Pilots, hats, scarves, his hamster Commando

Dislikes:
Corruption, cruelty, social irresponsibility
« Last Edit: August 10, 2016, 09:29:46 pm by Aeyt »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal