Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dreaming in Digital [M]  (Read 9653 times)

Offline Lion

Re: Dreaming in Digital [M]
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »
"Damn," Cal whispered holding her close.  "Then it's set in steel. We're getting out of here Annabelle.  I thought this place was making me squirmy.  But I believe you."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2016, 03:48:38 pm »
Annabelle sobbed into his chest, hating how vulnerable it made her feel but unable to stop it. She nodded shakily.

"We- we had to leave. It was never this bad before, before he was in my head... she's so angry, Cal, gods so angry. It hurts."

She clung tightly, needing the reassurance of another body against hers.

Offline Lion

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2016, 08:14:35 pm »
He hated feeling like the only source of comfort for this poor creature in his arms, but he wasn't going to push her away.  There wasn't even any alcohol in the nearby vicinity. Never the less, he just tightened his arms around her.

"Hurts like how?" he asked, feeling a little breathless from the pressure which she held him.  "Show...me."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2016, 08:28:53 pm »
She squeaked and shook her head quickly, staring up at him with wide eyes. "No, I- I don't want to hurt you." He was quite literally her only friend in the known universe, how could she ever hurt him?

Don't let them in. A flash of Cal's face behind her eyes. She whimpered and clenched her eyes shut.

"I c-can't really explain. It's like- I've done something that makes her angry, so she's...punishing me. But I don't know what I did wrong!" Her grip on him relaxed slightly, enough that she could let her head rest on his shoulder without straining her arms around his waist.

Offline Lion

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2016, 09:05:53 pm »
"Like...needles in the brain?" he asked, slowly looking over to her with glistening eyes.

"You don't have to tell me any more.  Just breathe. If only we had some whiskey in here.  Might make the both of us feel better."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2016, 06:49:51 am »
Annabelle nodded slowly. "More like...needles everywhere," she murmured after a moment.

She glanced up at him and forced a shaky smile. "Is alcohol your solution to everything?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2016, 12:05:50 am »
His brows quirked up at her statement.  Maybe it wasn't a solution but it sure made you think of one.

"It could be. But I haven't had a drink since I've been here.  Not unless I'm a really good boy.  And I'm rarely that," he said with a shrug.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2016, 06:04:04 am »
"I'm well aware," she chuckled quietly. At least he was keepin her mind in other things.

She sighed and relaxed her grip around him slightly. "We need a plan, Cal. We have to get out of here."

Offline Lion

« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2016, 10:17:24 am »
"That we do," he said. "But I have to admit, I'm next to useless in this moment.  I'm half-asleep, naked, and slightly aroused."  The admission actually left him flushing a bit.  However, he did his best to leave it at that and scooted up further in the cot.

"Don't you think I've tried to look for holes in their security? In any place here? It's completely flawless. Or that's how it feels. I'm not an idiot, I know nothing is completely infallible. But this is one tough nut to crack."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2016, 12:44:53 pm »
Annabelle found herself nodding along with him as he described his state- at least tired and naked. Then she paused, his flush bringing a soft blush to her own cheeks.

"Um, right. Tough nut," she repeated, a little distracted now. She huffed out a breath and shifted so she could lay her head cautiously against his chest. "I haven't been here as long as you," she murmured. "I don't know what you've tried."

Quite unconsciously, she curled a little closer to him, one leg curving over his hip.

Offline Lion

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2016, 08:58:56 pm »
He could relish in the closeness of another body, even without being intimate.  Given that they had just been, but for now, he just relaxed against her, parting her hair and letting his thumb play into the soft skin of her ear.

"I haven't been the same since I've got here," he said.  "They did something to me...  They put something in my brain that doesn't let me use my powers like I used to be able to. It..sucks.  I could take out whole power grids....  I had purpose. Now, I feel like a husk."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #111 on: October 30, 2016, 08:05:10 am »
"Cal..." She tilted her head into his touch and looked up at him, concern swimming in her eyes. She sighed softly and leaned in to press a feathery kiss to his neck before snuggling closer.

"I'm sorry." Another quiet sigh and she closed her eyes. "I...we could find a way to...fix it."

Offline Lion

« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2016, 10:47:20 pm »
"Its okay, Anna. They have to find the right leash for each dog don't they," he said.  He looked over to her...  "But you...you shocked the doc....  And they didn't throw you in solitary?  Do you think you know why?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2016, 05:07:47 am »
She shook her head slowly. "I have no idea. Maybe he panicked?" She shrugged and sighed, rubbing at her eyes with the heels of her palms.

"I keep expecting them to come take me away."

Offline Lion

« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2016, 11:26:42 pm »
"I expect I would have expected just about the same," Cal admitted.  "Or a very thorough beating senseless.  Hurting staff isn't acceptable and could get you canned for that...  I guess that's one way of getting out....  Getting your brain drained, and you're just a shell..."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »
Annabelle's eyes slowly widened and she felt the blood drain from her face. "Oh gods." She whimpered and covered her face with her hands. Shuddering, she curled tighter against Cal. "Th-they're gonna kill me, Cal. I- I can't..."

Her voice choked off in her throat and she swallowed harshly.

Offline Lion

« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2016, 11:20:49 pm »
"Hey!  Hey!  They won't kill you. You're too interesting to kill.  They only get rid of the boring ones they can't prod or get anything out of anymore," Cal said.  Maybe they weren't the most reassuring words in the world, but it was true never the less.

There was no end to TRIM pragmatism - in a waste not, want not, sort of way. "Anna, listen.  We're gonna get out of here. I don't make promises lightly. So when I make them, I intend to keep them, okay?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2016, 07:04:53 am »
She tried to take a few deep breaths to calm herself and nodded slowly. "O-okay." Her arms wrapped tight around her middle and she swallowed.

"We have to go soon, Cal. We need a plan."

Offline Lion

« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2016, 10:40:49 pm »
"I know. I know. It's not something I don't think about every second of every day I'm in here. But panicking about it won't make any such plan come any faster. But...I think something is lingering on my mind," he admitted and rubbed his face hard.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2016, 12:10:09 pm »
"Something?" She lifted her head to search his face. "What's something?"

She leaned in a little closer, pressing against him as she unconsciously sought warmth while waiting for an answer.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal