Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dreaming in Digital [M]  (Read 9521 times)

Offline Lion

Dreaming in Digital [M]
« on: June 06, 2016, 10:27:38 pm »
[ @DragonSong ]

Tetra Phaedras wasn’t exactly looking forward to work today, but the shuttle out to TRIM went by surprisingly without incident.  Not that there were many incidents on shuttles out to space stations.  And if there were, he’d been lucky enough to avoid such unnecessary disruptions to what he knew would already be a busy day. 

No, what was strange today was the fact that he seemed to be entirely alone on this shuttle flight.  There was just the pilot, and an old woman that sat in the far back that only regarded him with a smile.  He didn’t smile back, and just eyed her before taking his seat.  After staring at her became less and less interesting, he reverted back to his own computer and referred  back to his notes.

Tetra found his way into his office and sipped his coffee quietly.  He truly hoped this day would be as boring as the day before, because all in all he needed that kind of monotony in his life.  Just enough to keep unpleasantness at bay.

Oh he was confident, he reminded himself, that he could handle anything that came barreling his way.  He was a skilled psychiatrist after all, one of the highest paid in his field and didn’t work for TRIM for peanuts.  Speaking of which, he made sure to remove the jar of peanuts his assistant kept on their desk, stashing them away into a utility cabinet.

Nobody would miss them.  Except his assistant.

“All right,” he called into the com.  “I’m ready for my first patient, Ryan.  Feel free to send them in now.”
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 03:46:09 pm by Lion »

Offline DragonSong

Re: Dreaming in Digital
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:16:00 am »
"Ms. McAlistair? You can come in now."

Annabelle glanced up from the magazine she'd been idly flipping through with a quick smile and bounced to her feet. "Yessir," she responded to the rather squirrely man who was beckoning her into her new psychiatrist's office.

She tripped easily into the doorway and knocked on the frame, peering inside. "Hey, uh, Doctor Phaedras, right?" She smiled and took a little step into the room, hands smoothing a little self-consciously over her TRIM-commissioned white hospital garments.

"I'm your new morning appointment." She bounced the rest of the way into the room, tilting her head so her choppy auburn hair fluttered around her face.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:31:43 pm by DragonSong »

Offline Lion

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 11:31:30 pm »
The name was unusual to him, but Tetra preferred not to question when new patients made him their therapist.  He took out his notetab and took a seat by the transitioning view of the window, that projected a computer generated city-scape, likely that of the Aedolis skyline.

"Have a seat," Tetra indicated, to either the armchair or the couch beside it.  "Make yourself comfortable Ms. McAllister.  Being my first appointment for the day, you've caught me in a particularly good mood.  I hope you're well today.  Are you?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 06:52:22 am »
"Um, yeah. Sure." Annabelle took a seat in the armchair, perching on the edge. She crossed her ankles, then her legs, then her ankles again, fidgety and nervous.

"To be honest, Doctor, I'm not quite sure why I'm here," she admitted after a moment with a nervous laugh. "I didn't really think I needed a therapist- but, I mean, whatever the doctor says, right?" Another nervous little chuckle.

Offline Lion

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 09:27:17 am »
Doctor's orders, huh?  Now wasn't she a special little bean. 

"Oh, don't worry.  Just relax.  We don't have to start right away.  But you being here, we both know, is no coincidence.  Somebody inserted this appointment into your normal routine," he said with a nod, and cold smile.

"We can just talk.  How are you?  Did you sleep well?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 10:08:36 am »
Annabelle frowned slightly. This guy was too polite, it was freaking her out. "Yeah, I slept...fine," she mumbled, hunching her shoulders a bit. "Weird dreams, but I always have those. I sleep through the night though- roommate says it'd take a firefight to wake me up." She tried to joke, to lighten the mood of the room a bit.

Offline Lion

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »
"Heavy sleeper huh?  I've seen a lot of those," Tetra nodded.  "How are you acclimating to your surroundings?"

He made small notations in his note tab, and crossed his legs more relaxed.  "Dreams, you mentioned those.  What kind of them do you have? What about them makes them weird?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 04:25:14 pm »
"Well...you know serial dreams? They're kinda like those, only it's always this same person. A woman, and she says she's my mother." Annabelle shrugged and glanced away, biting at her lower lip. "I mean, it might be a memory, right?"

She tilted her head at the doctor. "They, um, they told you I'm an amnesiac, yeah?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 01:20:28 am »
An amnesiac.  That word certainly caught him off guard.

Tetra glanced at her at the mention of it, and he paused his writing motions, waiting for her to extrapolate.  But if she remembered nothing, what more was there to tell?  "That certainly is strange," he admitted.  "What happens in these dreams?  What does this woman say to you other than that she's your mother?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 03:38:34 am »
She tilted her head at him. "I'm...not really sure. It's hard to remember, sometimes. I just get snatches, ya know? Flashes."

She shrugged and pulled her legs up onto the chair, folding them under her body. She honestly wasn't sure she wanted to tell the doctor what she did remember- it seemed crazy even to her.

"She says I'm special," Annabelle mumbled after a few moments. That seemed safe enough. "She says that...all her children are special."

Offline Lion

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2016, 10:40:51 pm »
This was a strange tale, and it certainly brought Tetra out of his bored reverie.  He sat up with interest, leaning on his armrest and jotting something down on the tablet in front of him.  Notes for later, references with which to cross-examine.

"All of her children?  Does this mother seem particularly coddling?  Where is she now?  Does she possess certain abilities that you share?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »
Annabelle blinked, a little overwhelmed by his sudden interest. "She- I- I don't know," she stammered out. "They're just dreams, doc. She's not...real motherly, if you get what I'm saying, but she's not cold either."

She shrugged. "I dunno anything else about her. She just keeps tellin' me I'm special, then goes away."

Offline Lion

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2016, 04:28:24 pm »
"Hmm, this is very interesting."  Tetra had never heard of such recurring dreams before.  And this clearly seemed as if this has happened on a fairly often occurence.  "Most recurring dreams are feelings or memories often buried deep within our subconscious.  Most of the time we don't even know they're there.  Metaphysics will tell you, it is your deeper self trying to break through to you, to perhaps change your life.  If you believe that sort of hogwash."

"But not all of it is that way, however.  You say she tells you you're specials.  Let's explore that for a moment.  What makes you special, my dear?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 08:01:07 pm »
She shook her head. "Nothin' really. 'Cept the fact that I'm in here I guess."

She shrugged and offered a sheepish smile. "I've got magic- lightnin' and such, electricity- but loads of people got that. Doesn't make me special that I can see."

Offline Lion

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2016, 10:19:51 am »
"I disagree," Tetra murmured.  "You see you wouldn't be here if you weren't special."  He tilted his head, examining her closely for a time and he put his notes down.  Standing he approached her.  "I want to do a little exercise, an examination if you will.  It may help me get a better understanding of you.  And you perhaps of yourself.  Will you allow me?"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2016, 05:53:58 pm »
"Errrr..." Annabelle shifted a little uncomfortably and gave him a wary look. "I, uh, I guess so- what're you gone do, exactly?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2016, 10:40:33 pm »
"Take an afternoon stroll through your mind.  See into the deeper parts of yourself that might be locked away," he explained.  "I'd say it's painless.  But I'd be lying."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2016, 06:39:46 am »
She gulped and shrank back from him slightly. "How...not painless?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 06:45:46 pm »
"Like a pinprick at most," Tetra said with a small sigh.  Really, did he have to explain the thorough ins and outs of his examination?  He suppose if he wanted a little more cooperation, he could afford to expend a little more...congeniality .

"In the brain of course," he said and he closed his eyes, reaching out to her with his mind, as he stood behind her chair, hands firmly planted on the neck support.  He gripped it tightly and took in a deep breath, forcing his consciousness into her mind.

Resistance, really, was futile.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2016, 09:29:58 am »
Futile it may have been, but hearing that he was going to "pinprick her brain" had Annabelle resisting in instinct. She gasped, eyes going wide, and every muscle in her body tensed up as she tried not to let her magic spin out of control.

Still, a few sparks of electricity played at her fingertips.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal