Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Going Batty (Nicky!)  (Read 770 times)

Anonymous

Going Batty (Nicky!)
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:22:41 am »
Today was an interesting day for Cis. She had been told not to long ago that she was assigned a new specimen. That in itself wasn't too interesting, it happened whenever she was in need of a new subject to test on and new bodies were shipped in. No, what made this day interesting wasn't that she was getting a new subject but what the subject was. By what she had been told, she was to be assigned a large bat-like creature. Well, large by bat standards.

Cis looked down at the clipboard she was carrying. Preliminary testing had determined that it was unnaturally blind and, though it could fly, it couldn't do it as well as its smaller cousins. She shuffled through the few pages of information she had been provided. It listed height, weight, species, and all relevant information, though it didn't list if her new plaything could converse or not. Interesting. She was going to have fun with this.

She got to the room where her clipboard said the subject was held. Cis pushed a button, the door slid open, and she entered. She didn't know if her new subject would be able to understand her but she went through her usual introduction. "Welcome to the Thanatos Institute of Metaphysics. I am Dr. Cis Silen and will be the one who will be experimenting on you. If you can understand me either say so or make a gesture with one of your appendages."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Going Batty (Nicky!)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 08:20:40 am »
Fulvus would have been almost ordinary looking for a bat, at first glance, if it weren't for his size and milky green eyes. As she entered, he looked towards the sound and smiled as best he could. "Hello" He replied. His speech wasn't perfect as his pointy bat teeth weren't naturally formed for human speech. He had a bit of a sideways lisp, but was easy enough to understand. "I can understand you. What do you prefer to be called? I'm a Hominidae-Hipposideros Fulvus....but most people just call me Fulvus, if they call me anything at all" He explained. He knew his full species name was a mouthful, and from what people had said to him, it wasn't even really a proper name. It was what he was, not who he was.

"Experiments?" He asked, almost seeming to perk up just a little. "Is this a lab?" It was actually a rather thrilling prospect for him. He missed his lab dearly, despite the fact that they were the direct cause of his blindness. Oddly, he didn't hold it against them in the least. "Do you have insects here?" He shifted into a more comfortable crouch. "Where are we?" He just knew he'd been stuck in one of those noisy things and brought here.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 10:16:44 pm »
A talking bat was always an interesting thing. "You may call me whatever you wish, most of my subjects prefer names I'd care not to repeat. I'm not too interested in what you choose to call yourself, to me you are subject number 678843073. I may give you an easier name for me to say if you live long enough." She set her tools down on a nearby table. "To answer your other group of questions. Yes, this is a lab, of sorts. As for insects, the only ones on this station are those meant for experiments." She was tiring of this already.

"As for where we are, we are on a space station." Ideas were spinning in her head as to what to do with him. Fixing his blindness would be a good step. "Can you tell me how you were blinded?" Perhaps she could inject some viruses, none immediately lethal of course, to see how his body reacted to them. She'd start off slow, easily cured ones, and progress upwards. Maybe he could be a cure to some of the more stubborn diseases.

Many of her questions would be answered from a simple DNA analysis, thus would she need a blood sample. Well, she didn't need a blood sample but it would also tell her a lot more about her new subject then, say, a hair sample. "I'm going to need a blood sample from you, if you can show me exactly where a vein is, it'll be a quick thing. If not, you'll have to come with me."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 09:07:40 am »
"Oh. I eat bugs" He said with a shrug. If this was a lab though, he figured they would know what they were doing, and if they didn't have bugs to feed him, they would have other things.

"I was blinded by experiment 1604. They were testing the safety of a new compound and sprayed it in my eyes. They determined it wasn't ready yet" He explained calmly. Experiments didn't scare him for the most part, though being sprayed by things now did freak him out. Shortly after the blinding incident, he'd endured chemicals burns from another spray-applied test. There were still patches of his hair that didn't grow quite right.

He slowly opened his wings, considering the location of a vein, though since he couldn't see, and didn't have human hands, it was not really a fair question. "They always took blood from around here" He said, placing his thumb claw on his upper arm. There were all sorts of visable veins going through his wings, but most of them were rather small for drawing blood. "I'm not sure how they knew where to find the blood, but they usually got it on the first or second try."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 07:04:25 pm »
((Shoot me for assuming that Fulvus let's Cis do all of the below, but if want to make him spaz for whatever reason, just yell at me to cut my post. ;D))

He was certainly a cooperative one, was he? Though he did provide Cis with the reason for his blindness. The doctor wondered if the compounds tested on this creature would be on file. It would certainly make her life easier. Who knows what kind of things that this bat had been subjected to? One of her experiments could be messed up for it! That would irk her to no end, having all that work for naught. At least he seemed to know where his blood had normally been drawn from. She'd stick with the area he pointed out unless she could discern a better place later.

Keeping a wary eye on her newest subject in case it tried anything, Cis chose a syringe for the blood withdrawal and slowly moved towards her subject. Though she knew it couldn't see, the overgrown bat probably had sensitive hearing and it was best not to make any moves that would startle it. That would definitely make things harder to deal with. She gently took hold of one of his arms to keep it still while she slid the needle of the syringe below his skin.

After withdrawing a enough blood to do some quick probing tests, she withdrew her needle and let go of the arm and went back to her other tools. She put the put the blood filled syringe into a case for safe keeping and turned back to her test subject. "You're definitely easier to handle than other new subjects. For that, I think I'll give you a treat. I'll see what I can do about getting bugs shipped in and I'll give some to you as treats every time you're good. Does that sound acceptable to you?" Not that he could negotiate about it. Still, Cis had found that subjects seemed to act better when they had an illusion to hide behind.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 08:45:36 pm »
Fulvus sat very still, knowing better than to squirm of throw a fit when a needle was inserted into his arm. He nodded. "I do my best to be cooperative." He assured "Things go better that way." He smiled a little awkwardly. "Yes, a bug would be a good treat" He agreed. Perhaps here he would have to work for his food by being good. That wasn't so bad, though he hoped they wouldn't starve him. Bats did have rather speedy metabolisms after all, and he was already thin due to his very poor hunting skills.

Being a lab-raised mammal for the most part, he was not proficient at collecting his own food, and even less so without his sight.

The compound of the experiment was not likely to be found on the files. The lab (unrelated to TRIM) had been shutdown by some animal rights group. They had assured Fulvus he was 'free' but Fulvus couldn't figure out why they had shut him and all of his friends out of their home. They'd been so happy about it too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal