Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Major upgrade, yo!  (Read 906 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Major upgrade, yo!
« on: April 24, 2008, 02:52:37 am »
We have phpbb3 now. 8D

Shiny, eh? Muahahahaha! It'll be shiny-er tomorrow with subforums and everything, but for now...sleep calls! So don't mind the little spots here and there that gotta be tweaked. I'm doing that ASAP once I, well...wake up. xP

*crashes*
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Major upgrade, yo!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 02:23:08 pm »
Wow, Rhi...this is new...it's shiny new. I LIKE IT! It'll take some getting used to for me...but I LIKE IT!

Anyhoo, I can't seem to get into SotE at all. Are you upgrading that too?

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 02:40:25 pm »
I was scared Rhi! But I think I'll get use to it. Nice job! Hope SotE gets up soon as well.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 03:22:33 pm »
Hee! Thanks guys! :3

Phpbb3 is so much better than phpbb2 (what we used to use). Some new features that you can use are:

• You can bookmark your threads. At the top of each thread is a "bookmark" button, and if you click that it stores that thread away into your control panel. :3 So it's an easy way to keep track of your threads.
  • You can now save drafts of your posts. If you click the "save" button below the posting box, it will save your post instead of actually posting it. It's useful if you can't finish a post and wanna finish it later. It also saves the draft in your control panel.
  • Custom bbcode! We can no longer use HTML, but we can make bbcode to do pretty much anything. 8D For instance, Talyafera made us a "center" tag. It's <center> and </center>, only with brackets ([ and ]) replacing the < and >.
  • Custom profile fields! If you check out your control panel, you'll see we added a "gender" and "character count" field. We can add any other fields if anyone has any requests!
  • The private messaging system is much more shiny and fancy...
  • Much more stuff! Just go exploring and fiddle with it! Oh yeah, and we have subforums. Huzzah! xD

Oh yeah! And SotE wasn't working because I'm working on upgrading that to phpbb3, too! :3
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2008, 01:19:54 am »
o.O Aargh I'm going to have go through all my threads and change the weird symbols o.O it shows ' as some strange alien language o.O

Offline Tally

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »
Quote from: "MiatheRabbit"
o.O Aargh I'm going to have go through all my threads and change the weird symbols o.O it shows ' as some strange alien language o.O

It did that with my dashes. ><

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal