Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Plague/Dante Pestis  (Read 1564 times)

Anonymous

Plague/Dante Pestis
« on: June 24, 2008, 05:04:22 am »
__________________Quick Stats
Name Dante Pestis/Plague
Name Meaning Well... everyone knows what Plague means xD Pestis means disease, because I suppose Plague was feeling uncreative while he came up with his "human" name xD
Nick-names None
Image Look here (colored version pending~)
Birthday U-uhm.... *mumbles* beginning of time?
Zodiac Sign Er... none. They weren't invented when he was born xD;;
Age Damn old, but he looks like he's in his early twenties~
Gender Male... usually
Sexual Orientation Plague doesn't often even consider gender >_>;
Single or Taken? Single, just TRY "taking" him xDDD
Species Child of Lilith/Demon
Blood-type unknown
Height Just short of six feet
Weight erm... light, almost sickly light. But he doesn't look it, he looks slim but not dangerously so.
Eye Color The visible one is a very pale ice-blue
Hair Color White
Affiliation Beyond good and evil
Religion *LAUGH* .... yeah, no. Though, his loyalty to his mother borders on religious.
Occupation Doctor
Birth Place The wastelands outside Eden
Location Undecided
Most Used Phrase(s) Dont know yet :O
Character of Mine Most Likely to... Smile sweetly while he destroys someone
Finished Threads None~
Current Threads None~

__________________In-Depth Stuff

Voice Undecided
Theme Song Portrait of a Serial Killer
Feel no Shame
Physical Description Regularly, he's thin and lean, tall, with pale skin and wide doll-like eyes. His hair is super-fine, comparable to spider-silk, and hangs sleek and long over his face, and is pulled into a ponytail at the base of his skull. His hair is long enough to touch the small of his back. He wears a black leather eye patch decorated with an equal armed silver cross. He dresses in Gothic style black suits with white-lace detailing, and white scarf around his neck. His visible eye is a pale ice-blue. He wears white cotton gloves to cover his hands.
In his true form, he's something more frightening to look at. The white of his visible eye becomes pink and blood shot, the edges rimmed in yellow. From under his eye patch drips the smallest amount of blood. The skin of his left cheek becomes thin and peels up, cracked, while blisters cover one side of his bottom lip. His tongue becomes an unhealthy dark blue and blooms with sores. Gaping open sores cover one of his shoulders, his chest, while dark patches cover the other shoulder, and patches of small chicken-pox like bums dot his back. His fingers darken at the tips, almost appearing to rot, and his nails grow black. Open sores, dark patches and spots also dot his legs. He has large curved black horns, huge leathery wings that, like the rest of him, appear riddles with disease, and a long whip-like tail.
If need be, Plague could really take on any appearance he needed. He has the ability to leave his own body and inhabit that of another through the sicknesses he infects them with... hence the "usually male" comment.

Personality Oh... oh dear. Okay. Let me see. At first glance, Dante Pestis is a very nice person. He charges very little for his medical services, and if someone can not pay he's always very forgiving and understanding. There is also a gentleness to him when he's treating his customers, a kindness and a carefulness that is obvious in everything he does. He is a little on the quite side, but is quite sweet. One could even call him affectionate, if the slightest bit shy. He's very knowledgeable, but modest. He loves to grow plants, and his walls are lined with aquariums full if different specimens; fish, mice, lizards, spiders, snakes, all very well taken care of.
Plague is no where near as nice as he seems (I should mention by the way, there is no split personality here). What he delights in most is the spreading of disease, and watching the degeneration his sicknesses cause. He does enjoy the death his diseases eventually bring, but what he enjoys more is watching them break people down. He likes to fool people into thinking he's a great doctor, by pausing whatever sickness thet come to him with. After gaining there trust, he'll infect them with something much worse then they had, so they'll keep coming back, hoping to be healed. All the while he'll tenderly care for them, while urging the disease on, slowly, until it kills them. He delights in inflicting pain from his diseases as much as suffering them. His true form is riddled with his own sicknesses. Plague believes that pain is the most real proof of life one can have.
You couldn't talk about his personality without mentioning that he, like his brothers and sister, is nothing but a mamma's boy. Because his relationship with Lilith is so complex, it can be said with honesty that he both loves her, and hates her. This effects him in all kinds of weird ways that would take quite a long time to explain; long story short, he relates to women in an odd way, which kind of makes it easier for him to like other men. Though, because he can change bodies at will, this doesn't seem weird to him. Gender has always seemed trivial to Plague.

Weaknesses... I'll get back to you on that O_o... there must and WILL be some... I just... *cough* have not figured them out yet... They'll come naturally as I play him I think >_> he's one powerful mo-fo, but he's REALLY messed up in the head, I suppose he could be very easily manipulated like that. Yesh, there, that's his weakness. Death, his eldest brother, knows this and uses it against him all the time. I'll add more as I think of them >_>; Wait, DUH, as a demon he's weak against holly magics. Not as weak as a regular demon, but still. **See Magical abilities= Possession

Strengths His control over all manner of sickness is what pops into mind >_>; plus the fact he's like... a super-demon O_o He's a great fighter, and he's great at manipulating people into doing what he likes.

-Disease
-Pain
-Night
-Wine
-Violin Music
-Piano Music
-Gentleness
-Singing, Opera
-Theater
-Pure creatures
-The color white
-Angels
-Small towns
-Sweets
-Humans
-Death
-His mother
-Control
-Submission

Dislikes

-Large cities
-Doctors
-Hospitals
-Healers
-Death
-His mother
-Control
-Submission

Magic/Abilities

General

-Flight (Wings)
-Strength (from being a Child of Lilith)
-Dexterity (from being a Child of Lilith)

Disease

Control of any Disease- Meaning he can stop a deadly disease on a whim, and save a life. Or, he can infect someone with that same disease, and slow it so it takes ages to kill them, or speed it up so it kills them in an instant.

Possession- Plague can leave his body, leaving it limp like a doll, and infect someone so completely that he possesses them. He often keeps the bodies of those he has killed, so he can wear them as he pleases. This leaves his original body quite vulnerable though.

Family

Mother: Lilith, Queen of Hell- whom he loves and hates most of all; the source of everything that his wrong with him
Elder Brother: Death- His beloved brother whom he would do anything for, even if he knows Death treats him like a doll, even when they're so cruel to each other
Elder Sister: War- Who he hates, because he senses resent for his mother and elder brother in her
Younger Sister: Famine- Who he resents because Death loves her more
Younger Brother: Sin-Who no one likes, because he is Lilith's favorite

It would really take to long to spell out how much they've all messed each other up, so that's just the gist of it >_>;

Friends None, yet~

Foes [strike:19utpeo6]Everyone[/strike:19utpeo6] None, yet~

History After Lilith was cast out of Eden, she suffered many hardships while struggling to survive in the wastelands that laid beyond god's influence. One of the things she suffered was sickness, and thus Plague was born. He, and all of his siblings save for Sin, were born in the wastelands outside Eden. Lilith knew she had to find somewhere safe for her babies, so the five of them trekked across the wastelands for ages, until they finally came to the place now known as Hell.  While Plague was an infant, Hell was a beautiful safe place, somewhat akin to one would imagine Eden to be, only with a more... "Halloween" feel to it. Once in hell, Sin was born when Eve bit into the apple, and he became Lilith's favorite. Here the children started to resent him, forming packs and rivalries with and against each other. Lilith started to change into the horrible cruel creature she is in the present, and all of her children suffered for it. However, they were unable to stop loving her, because that is how she made them.
Lilith planned to take over earth, and for this she needed the key to the gates of hell. The key was only supposed to be able to lock the gates so no demon could ever set foot on earth again, but instead the key became tainted, and could be used to throw open the gates, so any demon could go to earth and never fear the wrath of god.
Death and Sin were sent to retrieve the key, who happened to be a bratty little angel boy. They lost him though, so Lilith punished Death while the rest of them punished Sin. The key was also the last angel, so it's common for the siblings so suffer dreams of the holly creatures; the one thing their mother wants, but can not have. Angels are an obsession with each of Lilith's children, save for maybe War, who begins to love humans more then her mother, because she views them as... worse xD.
Anyway, with the key lost, there is no way to find it again until said brat-angel reaches an age where his aura is readable, and can be sensed. So, quite irate, Lilith has sent her children away for a while. That is how Plague stumbled across this world...

Commentary Another character from my novel :D and a main character this time! Still, Plague doesn't pop up for a while in the story, while his other siblings get to show up in the next few chapters... so, now I get to write him >3 YAY!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal