Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Unglamorous for stealth’s sake (Open ^^)  (Read 1807 times)

Anonymous

Unglamorous for stealth’s sake (Open ^^)
« on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:45 am »
Why the hell was she back here?

Outside a café in the Lower City, a red headed woman glanced lazily at passers by. The night she left she swore she was never coming back. Yet here she was again, at least anyone who bothered to notice her probably wouldn’t recognise her. And she doubted even the person she wanted to avoid would. She was just afraid that one slip up and her bastard of a grandfather would discover she had returned. And she doubted the old fogey was dead. He was the type to live forever.

Wait….’afraid’? She was not afraid! She was Raichou Fenix, wanted criminal and shape-shifter extraordinaire. Not that she looked it. Instead of her silver hair and blue eyes, today she had red hair and brown eyes. Instead of being her sexy nineteen year old self she looked like a world-weary thirty year old. Normally Raichou hated turning into un-glamorous people but it was necessary so she wasn’t noticed.

She wouldn’t even be here if it weren’t for her last target. She worked as a bounty hunter on occasion and her previous target, which had now been dealt with, lived of all places in Teinar Lower City. When she discovered this she had been tempted to refuse but the money was too good and she never passed up a challenge.

Killing him had been easy enough, he hadn’t put up much of a fight. Now she had to get out of Teinar without anyone realising who she was. She wasn’t even sure why she was so nervous, she had snuck into Haviah and Tynova before and gotten out alive and that was much harder than escaping Teinar. She was just being paranoid.

Raichou rose from her seat and threw a few coins on the table for her drink. She just had to sit out tonight and then tomorrow she could leave. Maybe she would cause a bit of havoc tonight to take her mind of being paranoid. She loved havoc.

After checking no-one was watching her, she slipped into an alley. Even if she didn’t look like herself it was still best to make sure as few people saw her as possible. Some people tended to notice outsiders, the gossiping busy-body type. She could have shown off and turned into something non-human but she had gone with a human because they attracted a lot less attention.

As she passed under a streetlight she noticed a shadow a few feet behind her. Was someone following her? She doubted it was her grandfather he was more direct and she would more than likely have a set of fangs in her chest by now. And since it was Teinar it wasn’t her usual enemies. So it was either someone with a death wish or a bounty hunter. Those she could deal with, she was a shifter and hadn’t lived this long solely by luck.

Without turning round she stopped, “You have exactly 8 seconds to tell me why you’re following me or face the consequences.”
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Unglamorous for stealth’s sake (Open ^^)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 04:37:47 pm »
((OOC: Here goes nothing!))

IC:

Sian squeaked a little at the woman's comment. She supposed she shouldn't have been surprised. She didn't even know this woman and yet there she was going after her. Maybe she should have spoken. Called out. But she was afraid someone she knew would hear her and she didn't want anyone listening to what she wanted to ask.

The girl hadn't even planned on it. She just came to the cafe to relax and avoid her rather smothering loved ones. That was when she saw the woman. There was really nothing special about her. So why couldn't Sian stop staring at her? Instinct? Vibes? Feelings? Sian didn't know but she just had to talk to her. So she followed, hoping to get her someplace private. But it didn't work out entirely.

"I-I'm sorry." Sian blurted out, looking apologetic even if she wasn't being looked at. "It's just... I wanted to talk to you alone and didn't wanna say anything in there in case someone I knew as around..." Sian paused. "Could... could I ask you something? You're not from here, are you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 07:13:27 am »
Raichou kept her back to the girl as she talked.

"I-I'm sorry. It's just... I wanted to talk to you alone and didn't wanna say anything in there in case someone I knew as around... Could... could I ask you something? You're not from here, are you?"

“No,” she replied.

That was a blatant lie, she was born and raised in Teinar but she didn’t consider it her home anymore. Her real home was open space. Four years ago she had realised she wasn’t going to become a better shifter unless she escaped. Shortly afterwards she did and never regretted the decision.

“But why is that any business of yours?”

She turned to look at the girl. She wasn’t very interesting looking. Rather plain except for the camel lashes. The same colouration as her current form though, that was mildly interesting. Only mildly.

“The answer better be good. I don’t take kindly to stalkers. They usually end up dead.”

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 01:26:08 pm »
Sian had a look of almost horror. Stalker?? This lady accused her of being a stalker? Oh that was just mean! Bristling, the girl was about to really make a fuss but bit her cheek. If she wanted this to go smoothly, she had to be nice and not say much. Even if she wanted to. And she really wanted to.

Well, she wanted an answer pretty quick, right? Best to get to the point.

"That means you'll be leaving soon, then? Since you don't really live here." A pause. "When you go... I was wondering if I could go with you."

There it was.

"I don't have to be with you or live with you or anything. Just... so I can leave this place for once."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 08:39:14 am »
This girl wanted her to help escape? Did she have a habit of asking complete strangers for favours?

“Yes I am leaving soon, tomorrow as it happens,” Raichou replied, “But as for helping you. That isn’t going to happen and I’ll tell you why. Firstly, you can’t get out of Teinar unnoticed unless you’re a mage of some kind or at the very least, real lucky. Second I’m a loner and I never help anyone, ever, unless it has some benefit to myself. And lastly, helping you would be too risky. You’re clearly an idiot since you asked a complete stranger for help. How do you know I’m not some kind of bounty hunter or serial killer?”

Actually she was both of those things. She wasn’t going to tell this girl that unless she had to. She did not need Teinar’s authority down her neck right now. Not that they were any threat to her but it might catch the attention of a certain someone.

The girl had guts but they were nothing unless you had the skills and intelligence to back them up. And so far Raichou was unimpressed.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 01:42:59 pm »
Sian was completely quiet now but there was a veing twitching a little bit above her eye. Whether or it was noticeable depended on how keen into details you were. Her hope had just been brought up and crashed down all in a few seconds. Why the hell did she approach this lady? Why did she think of approaching anyone at all?! She should just go back home and forget this ever happened... An inaudible sigh escaped. But that wasn't going to happen. Because she knew why she was doing this. She was desperate. And if that meant dealing with a total ***** then so be it.

"It just so happens I am a mage." She responded, sweetly. "So I don't think I have to worry about that."

Okay... that wasn't entirely true. Not exactly. She wasn't a full blown mage. But she was training to become one so that could work right? Either way, this lady here didn't need to know that.

"As for benefits, well..." Sian paused. "Surely there's something you want. I mean, if you were completely happy, it'd show don't you think?"

She didn't bother dignifying the serial killer or bounty hunter comment with a response. After all, it was obviously an attempt to scare her. A silly one too. Why would she worry about bounty hunters? Hell, she knew a few. And serial killers? Homegirl was mistaken if she thought Sian was defenseless. Maybe it was foolish... but she didn't see a reason to be afraid.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:54 pm »
It seemed she had annoyed the girl now. She was trying to hide it but Raichou prided herself in her own acting skills, she knew to look out for little details. The fact she was a mage sparked her interest however.

“So you are a mage? Interesting, what kind? Varied, elemental or specific?”

There might actually be some benefit to this. Raichou didn’t really want anything except to be entertained and not bored. If the girl was a mage she might alleviate her boredom for a while. Mages with varied magic were the ones who commanded all the elements and were always full of surprises, elementals were rather dull. Specific however could be very interesting depending on what they could manipulate. Raichou was one such mage, she could manipulate her form.

“What’s your name anyway?”

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:15:29 am »
Sian smiled, relaxing a little. She always hated lying and now she could be a bit more honest now.

"Specific." The girl answered, as she looked up at the sky. "I can manipulate gravity."

Gravity was a particularly interesting source of power and not many people could do it. Hell, she still had problems now and then which was why she hadn't officially made mage status like others her age who chose the easier things to control. But that was really only a minor obstacle. She wouldn't believe any differently.

"My name is Sian." She responded again to another question. "And you are?"

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 10:51:50 am »
Gravity? That was very interesting, Raichou had never met a Gravity Mage before. And that power just might come in handy for escaping, if ‘Sian’ could control it well enough. They could increase the gravity around the entrance area making anyone, except them of course, unable to move. This should be very interesting.

“I’m Rachel, Rachel Langser.”

Telling the girl her real name would be stupid. She might consider telling Sian eventually but for now, she would use one of her many aliases.

“So you want to leave Teinar? Alright then but I’m only taking you are far as the nearest settlement. I’m leaving tomorrow, if that’s too soon, tough.”

If the girl was running from something, which was possible then Raichou supposed she could let the girl stay with her for the night. She’d have to stop Sian coming in her room though; she liked to sleep in her real form where possible.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 01:11:49 pm »
Sian was feeling much better now. She'd been worried her plan would fail miserably because this woman--Rachel--was being so terribly uncooperative. But it turned out she had nothing to worry about! Thank goodness for small favors!

In spite of Rachel's still present rudeness, the girl nodded happily with the brightest of grins. Tomorrow would work out fine. She'd make due.

"No problem... and thank you!"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 09:04:00 am »
[OOC Short o.O]

“Yeah, yeah, you’re welcome,” Raichou replied, “You running from someone? If so I guess you can always stay at my place tonight. If not I’ll see you on the edge of the city at dawn tomorrow.”

The girl probably guessed without it needing to be said that if she was late then Raichou would leave without her.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 12:26:42 pm »
((OOC: No biggie.))

Sian didn't say anything but she did tense up a little. She supposed it would be sort of obvious. After all, the desperation was probably pretty noticeable. But... she felt a little bad when hearing it put that way.

It was true though, right? She was running. Running away from home...

Her attention drew back to Rachel. Stay at her place tonight? Would she dare...?

"I'll take your invite." Sian said before she could think about it.

Besides, it's the best way to make sure she wasn't late because maybe they'd leave at the same time...

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 11:21:16 am »
So the girl accepted her invite, well she would have to enforce some rules; like not entering her private space for example. She didn’t want Sian knowing she was Raichou Fenix, serial killed and wanted criminal, not yet anyway. Revealing who she was usually led to a lot of screaming, running or sneaking off to contact the authorities. Like she was afraid of the so-called law enforcers. Both the Mordecai and the Pilots were yet to catch her. She was untouchable.

“If you’re coming now then follow me, if you want to get some things first then I’ll tell you the address.”

Either way Raichou would have to walk to her place. If she shifted someone might see and follow her. So far tonight she hadn’t revealed anything to suggest who she truly was. Even Sian only knew her by a fake name and didn’t realise she was a shifter. Raichou was curious as to whether Sian wondered what kind of mage she was. She’d find out soon enough.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 07:59:06 pm »
Sian started to replay but decided it wasn't worth the effort. Hell, Rachel was already heading off! Keeping a protest out of the way, the girl hurried to catch up with the other person.

She did wonder about having to walk. Not many people walked in Teinar. But then Rachel wasn't from here, right? So naturally she wouldn't know that. Shrugging her shoulders, she just focused on picking up the pace lest she be left behind.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 10:10:55 am »
Raichou slowed her pace a little when the girl started following her. She was naturally taller than the girl and her current form was as well, Sian was struggling to keep up.

The apartment she was staying at wasn’t far from where they were so catching some form of transport was pointless; besides Raichou didn’t mind walking. The apartment had been provided by her contractor. As part of the deal Raichou had negotiated its use since sleeping on the streets was a sure way of getting noticed and if she stayed at a hotel there was a good chance one of the staff might come in and see she was a shifter. And it had two bedrooms so Sian wouldn’t have to come into her’s.

It didn’t take them long to reach it. Raichou headed up to the front door and placed her hand on the panel. It let in residents whose hand prints matched the stored ones. For the average criminal, this would cause a problem especially if the authorities had your hand print. But in the case of a shifter it was no problem at all. ‘Rachel’s’ hand print was stored since she was supposed to be renting the apartment. The panel beeped in recognition and the doors slid open.

As Raichou entered she started talking to Sian again, “If you’re staying at the apartment there’s one main rule; don’t come in my room. The spare one is your’s to do whatever you want in for tonight but my room is totally out of bounds.”

There might be more rules added later but that one rule should do for now. Raichou pressed the button on the elevator and waited for it to come down.

“Any questions?”

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 02:54:30 pm »
Of course there were questions. Well, actually only one question. But of course it'd be there. It was simple. Why couldn't she go into Rachel's room? That was the question. And a good one too. But... Sian was afraid Rachel wouldn't be willing to have a guest if she tried to pry the info from her. So instead, she decided to keep it to herself.

"No... no questions." Sian told Rachel.

The elevator came down and she slipped into it, finding a nice position in one of the corners. I wonder what it'll look like... She thought as she waited for Rachel to join her.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 10:01:27 am »
Raichou followed Sian into the elevator and leant against the opposite corner from Sian. After a second’s pause the doors closed and it started going up. The apartment was on the fourth floor so the elevator quickly reached it, not having to stop on the other floors. Raichou then headed out of the elevator and walked up to the first door to the right. She keyed her combination in and the door slid open.

As soon as she entered she threw her jacket onto the sofa and flopped onto it. The apartment wasn’t exactly luxurious but it wasn’t dilapidated either it. It was comfortable and functional and the lounge was painted in a rather pleasant light blue. Raichou liked blue, it was her favourite colour.

She then looked at Sian before pointing to the door next to the kitchenette.

“That’s your room.”

Both the bedrooms were the same size so Sian couldn’t complain that Raichou was giving her the smaller room. Not that she’d get to see the inside of the shifter’s room, it was a no go zone for Sian.

“If you’re hungry there’s food in the kitchen. It’s not my apartment so eat what you want.”

Sian knew she wasn’t from Teinar so saying that wouldn’t be suspicious. And there was too much food for Raichou to eat. Some of the things she couldn’t have anyway. Being a shifter was good but it gave you weaknesses to certain things such as alcohol and caffeine. It wouldn’t kill her but her powers went really out of whack when she had them.

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2008, 04:56:08 pm »
Sian managed to keep up with Rachel all the way to the apartment. Though that was probably because she made it a point to pay attention. She'd only known Rachel for a little bit and already she was getting the vibe that this girl liked to move fast. And if you took your eyes off her, she'd be gone just like that.

When they got inside, Sian started taking her time as she leisurely looked around the place. It didn't look that bad. And the walls were such a pretty color.

The girl listened as Rachel told her everything she needed to know. Where her room was. And the fact that she could eat what she pleased. That got a grin out of her.

"Okay!" She said brightly, heading straight for the mini kitchen. "And thanks again!"

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2008, 11:10:51 am »
[OOC Short and not too great o.O]

When Sian headed into the kitchen Raichou turned on the TV. Teinar’s programs were generally not the best, especially at this time of the night but it was better than making small talk with Sian. And if push came to shove she could always go to bed early. Maybe practice a few transformations before she went to sleep.

As it happened she was in luck show wise, it was a documentary on the mutants in the wastelands. These kinds of shows were useful for shifters who were too lazy to pick up a book. Not that she was…well maybe a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 02:04:07 pm »
((This is gonna be short too, actually. Because I can think of nothing except going to the forbidden room. And I don't wanna do that...))

Sian had managed to fix her plate and ended up making her way to the livingroom. For a second, she hesitated. Now that they were here, things were feeling particularly awkward. Though that shouldn't be so surprising. It wasn't like they were friends. On the other hand... Sian didn't wanna spend the day avoiding her because that would suck.

"Um... Rachel?" She started. "Mind if I join you?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal