Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Kurai's Limits. (v. 2.0)  (Read 490 times)

Anonymous

Kurai's Limits. (v. 2.0)
« on: March 03, 2009, 06:49:51 pm »
(Updated 3/1/08.)

GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?

Will do: Go ahead and push my characters, slap them, or do anything that's not going to get them hurt. Feel like throwing a ball and making it hit them? That's a vague line, as it causes pain, and inevitably a bruise. Do what you feel is best. Feel like punching them? Better keep that open-ended; please don't godmod my character in combat.

On that note, there's a limit to your freedom- push my character if you please, but don't say how they react... I'll let you land the push, but I'd like to say how my character reacts.

Won't do: Combat godmoding. I like to determine how much damage my characters take, and can assure that the consequences are realistic. However, if you feel for some reason like I'm overstepping a boundary or two in terms of damage, feel free to let me know. :D Chances are, though, I let my characters take a beating. Just leave it open for me to decide, please.

In all honesty, many of my characters take more hits than is realistic. This leads to a lot of unintentional character death, but that's on my head, not yours. :p So don't worry about that.

Ask me first: Anything you might have questions about, really. If the lines seem blurred, either try it out or ask. So long as it's not combat, I'll generally let it go.

How far can character injuries go?

Will do: For Fala, do anything you want, save for what's referred to in the 'Ask me First' section. She's a Pilot, and I'm well aware that she could very well lose a few limbs during the course of the role play. To be quite honest, I wouldn't mind playing out a phantom limb. For other characters, you can maim them as much as you want. :D Even broken bones, concussions, and electrocution are fine.

Won't do: Pretty much, this area's not applicable. Feel free to run it by me if it makes you uncomfortable to just go out and do, though.

Ask me first: Oh, yes. If you're going to knock my character's teeth out, ask first. Sounds weird, right? You have no idea how many RPs have my characters getting decked in the jaw, losing a few teeth inevitably. But most of the time, when they smile again, people immediately assume they have a new set of pearly whites!

Since I like playing realistically and keeping track of injuries, however, I'd like to keep their teeth as intact as possible. Losing some can have a dire effect on interpersonal communications.

How far can torture go?

Will do: Go all out. I have absolutely no limits here.

What about character death?

Will do: It'll probably be my doing, not yours. Chances are, if my character dies as a result of combat, I'll be the one to go, "Hm, would this blow realistically kill this character?" From there, I'll act accordingly. This is the reason 75% of my characters end up dead- overzealous combat that all the other RPers will assume isn't lethal, even though it clearly is.

Plunge a knife at Fala's gut, and she won't always dodge. And she won't always live, either. Keep that in mind while you role play if you want to make sure you aren't inadvertently killing off my character, especially if you like 'em more than I do. :p

Won't do: Don't imply a lethal blow without asking, please? I like to be in charge of that.

Ask me first: Always talk to me, first, if you plan to have your decision supersede mine. Most characters? Sure. Fala? I'm expecting it. But please ask me before you decide to slit poor Aldouvan's throat, for instance- I'm hoping to have him go out with a bang before the cancer kills him, first. :p

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?

Ask me first: That's all that has to be said. Let's talk about it- I might be receptive to it. Not all my characters are open to such things, though.

What about healing?

Will do: Cuts, burns, etc. that can be cured by modern medicine. If it's already scarred, though, then you're not touching it. Most of the time, though, I'll be open to any immediate, non-lethal healing that's not fixing anything permanent.

Won't do: Permanent, pre-existing injuries/disabilities may not be healed anytime during the role play, scars included. Lethal injuries fall under this line unless you've got a really convincing reason why they should be healed, in addition to adequate means of stopping death. I know enough about medicine and anatomy to know what's plausible, and what's just ridiculous.

Ask me first: Anything that might be crossing this line.

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?

Will do: Some people are shocked, but I have no limits. While I can fade to black, sometimes it's just not possible. It's a part of life, and I've written everything in the spectrum.

Won't do: Smutfests. If you're going to go after a character of mine and try to rape them just so I'll play it out, you can bite me. If I sense that all you're after is sex, I will immediately discontinue the role play.

Ask me first: Any kinks you're going to throw in? Better let me know, first. Forced fellatio that you didn't run by me first, for instance, will most likely get your character's privates bitten off. Savvy?

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Go ahead and use this section to talk about specific characters. Sometimes you may be okay with certain things happening to one character but not another, so this is the place to get specific whereas the previous section was a more general overview.

Fala: Go all out. Beat her, cut her, torture her, etc. Just don't godmod her in combat, please. :3

Her psychic inability to send out words can also screw her over if you feel like being particularly sadistic to her.

Aldouvan: He's a coward. Don't outright kill him, please. D: I'd like him to get past his cowardice before he kicks the bucket.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal