Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Old Guns and Glory [PRIVATE, Silv]  (Read 2249 times)

Offline Xcavius

Old Guns and Glory [PRIVATE, Silv]
« on: September 21, 2017, 12:15:21 pm »
tap...tap..tap.tap. .tap..tap went Ankia's fingers as she listened to her favorite electronic songs from years ago. She lifted herself up from the bed stretching, her spandex suit complimenting every movement. She saw a notification on her Bphone, it was a message from anonymous...

A hologram appeared, of a man with half a face trying to kill himself multiple times throughout his life. A shadowy voice emanated from the phone: "This man, he's out here on the frontier for the longest of time. Find him, study him. Do not retaliate if he attacks, we need him alive. You'll be paid graciously for your studies. Just as fast as it appeared the hologram faded back into the phone once more.

"Weird, but hey a bounty is a bounty, sucks that I can't kill the man. Oh, well. Ti-700 attach." The plates released themselves from their closet prison and graciously formed around her body. Signaling a blue glow once everything was in place. Ankia grabbed Cartius and Tauron and mounted them in their respective magnetic holsters. "This'll be interesting."

She walked outside the sun was beaming all across the frontier, it was nice for a change. She placed on her slick dragon helmet that had a tinted holo-screen for her. With a little timely startup she bursted across the field in pursuit of this interesting man.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:23:22 pm by Xcavius »

Re: Old Guns and Glory [PRIVATE, Silv]
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:41:53 pm »
Kaladin trotted atop Spade, the black horse now a grey-brown from the dust of the long run. The battered man in the worn saddle had fire burning in his nearly black eyes as he moved naturally according to the large animal's movements. Spade had been Kaladin's only friend, but then again Kaladin never really came to Edanith in search of friends.

He hopped down from the saddle with a thunk, patting the horse's thick neck and tying the reins to a beaten wooden post. He cocked his head to the side and spat, staining the ground red in that spot. Kaladin ran his hand over his mouth, feeling the blood in his beard. "Fuckin' cunnies," he groaned to himself, rubbing his hand on his chest and coughing briefly.

That fight was refreshing. It had been too long since he killed something besides for food - something standing upright with an intelligent brain. They shouldn't have tried to steal from a man trained to kill. Got what they deserved.

He walked into the tavern inn, coughing and mockingly tipping his wide-brimmed hat at the man behind the bar. "What'll you have?" The man asked. Kaladin glared at the man from beneath his hat, and the man sighed. "Hard ale. Coming right up." The man placed a pitcher of ale in from of Kaladin, who drank it without caring about it dripping in his beard.

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »
Hovering just barely over the newly terraformed  lands, Ankia started to surf on her hover bike. Enjoying the amazing breeze as she whizzed on by. The day seemed to fall short as the sun did. By the time she even realized it was almost sunset. She slowed to a stop as something caught her eye, a dead man with a completely battered face, practically unrecognizable lying outside in the middle of the field. Looks like it's my target's work. So self respecting outlaw would just beat a man's face in.

Following small traces of blood, she happened upon a tavern, looked to be new. Beautiful horse tied to a post outside. After stroking its mane and dusting it off a little she headed inside. Few people at the bar itself, but her target was sitting right there, the holo-message matched perfectly. Ankia sat in the corner folding one leg over the other. Waitress came by: "What'll you have hun?" "Tea with a spot of sugar kindly." The waitress nodded as she walked away.

Ankia sat there sipping her warm and sweet tea as she observed the man. Not directly staring at him, but just an easy observation, studying him in every aspect she could.

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 08:08:57 pm »
The ale just seemed to get weaker over time, like it just didn't have the same punch that it used to. Bastards tryna getcha to shell out more coppers, Kaladin thought to himself, eyeing the man behind the bar. Ain't gunna fall fer dat.

The man had no real reason to suspect the bartender was trying to rip him off, but the cynical eye of a damaged man sees what it wants to.

The opening and closing of the tavern door caught his attention. Kaladin made a point to know when people came into the establishment he was at. Call it his suspicious attitude, or lingering military instincts, but he had to know. The woman had an armored bodysuit with at least one visible gun on her hip.

"No bitch needs a gun in a place like dis," he grumbled to himself, throwing back the last of his ale. He didn't have the slightest buzz, which meant he was in even a more sour mood than he was in entering the tavern. Still...he didn't like the look of the girl. She had just sat down and obviously ordered something, though he had no idea what. Odds are, if she was interested in him, she'd follow him out of the tavern before getting her order.

Let's fin' out, huh?

The man dropped two coppers on the counter and got up, angling his hat in a way that she couldn't see his face. He walked out of the tavern and mounted Spade, whipping the reins loose and kicking him immediately into a gallop.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:11:18 pm by SilverDragonsBlood »

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2017, 09:05:25 pm »
Ankia gave the poor old man some time before finishing her tea. She paid the bill, and went upstairs to the tavern window pulling out Cartius. "3 miles out, no wind, galloping in a straight direction.. Easy shot." Resting Cartius onto the windowsill, she pulled three highly potent tranquilizer rounds. She loaded the first into Cartius, took aim and held her breath. One for the horse two for his liver.

BAM! Clack! Tic tic.

The horse slowed to a crawl before collapsing to rest.

BAM! Clack! Tic tic.
"One for the bounty." The first tranquilizer landed spot on in his buttocks.

BAM! Clack! Tic tic.
"One for a drink."

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2017, 09:27:22 pm »
He turned halfway around, a scowl on his face. I fuckin' knew dat bitch ain't dere fer duh drinks, he thought.

Stumbling off of Spade's saddle, Kaladin chuckled raspily. "Aye, hun!" He shouted. "Dat's whatcha call a good drunk!" He looked at Spade stumbling and finally lying down. "Yah fuckin' put a dart in mah beast's arse!"

The man knew her kind. Bounty hunter, no doubt. Eh... It wasn't like he didn't expect them to catch up to him eventually. Kaladin stumbled briefly, then smirked. He pretended to collapse on the ground. He knew that she wouldn't approach without thinking he was out for the count, but she didn't know one wasn't enough to take the drunken ex-warrior. Instead, he laid on the ground, waiting for her to come to him.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:12:44 pm by SilverDragonsBlood »

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 01:07:22 pm »
Perfect shots as always... A little too perfect.

Ankia made her way back down to the bar,ordering a refill on her tea. She left graciously and sat to one side of her hoverbike as she drove over to the man's almost lifeless body. She arrived within 25 minutes or so. For safety she stayed on her bike while calmly sipping her tea as she waited for him to come to once more.

Who is this? He doesn't look like someone doing evil on a daily basis for the sake of evil. He looks as if he's... lost.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 04:43:34 pm »
Damn gal just as untrustin' as me, he thought, wanting her to come a bit closer.

Kaladin's large coat, provided sufficient cover for him to move his hands without the girl noticing. He took hold of his orb shooter and slowly brought it forward. He let an orb loose toward her, and it shattered the glass of whatever crap she was drinking.

He leapt to his feet, his hat falling off from the speed. The man slapped the orb shooter back into its holster and grabbed the cracker out just as quickly, aiming it at the girl with the blue hair before she had any real time to react. Looking at her, he spat blood onto the dirt and rubbed his dirty-blond hair back.

"You better got better shit den dat, hun, 'cause I start me day wit dat drunk." He saw almost what he thought was a level of pity in her eyes, which just rubbed him wrong. If there was one thing he hated more than misplaced arrogance, it was pity. "Why duh fuck you after my hide? Which one of dem bastards put a hit on me?"

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2017, 02:59:03 pm »
Ankia with the handle of the teacup still hanging from her pointer finger and thumb, closed her mouth and dropped the handle to the ground and smashed it with her foot. "Well aren't you just a swell person to be around. Trust me, if I was ordered to kill you," her expression grew cold as she squinted her eyes with a glance of death straight into Kaladin's heart. "You'd be dead where you stand."

The tension on the frontier was immense. Ankia had never been ordered to not kill someone for a bounty, it was getting to her quickly. "Unfortunately I'm not allowed to tell you that information, but first lets start with this, fix your voice, listening to it makes me want to shoot myself, and considering my weaponry, that is very much possible. All I was ordered to do was to watch and observe you. Unfortunately I didn't have any tracker rounds on me, so here we are. Oh don't even try to pull any tricks on me, I've got aim on you from every possible direction. So tell me about yourself, what the hell happened to you?"

I'm more concerned with his awful voice, I hope it's just a shitty attempt at an accent.

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 03:45:26 pm »
Kaladin let out a sound that was more like a grunt than anything. He was a straightforward, no nonsense kind of person, so if she called him out on something, he wouldn't try to keep up an act. A dangerous smirk crossed his lips, and he snapped the gun back into its holster.

"Fuck off," he said. His raspy accent vanished, as he only used the slurred language as a way to keep people away. It sometimes slipped into his regular speech, but it annoyed him probably more than it did her.

"I'm a good shot, hun. Trust me, if I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead as well. I don't give a rat's ass what you were ordered to do. You ain't getting a story out of me. So, as I said before... Fuck off."

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 10:02:23 am »
I knew it. He is partially a fake. Probably to scare off thieves and others of the like. Ankia readjusted herself on her motorbike, laying completely on her back with her foot on the accelerator. "Fine, unfortunately since I was ordered to observe I can't kill you... yet. It's getting late, I'm heading back to the tavern. You do you, old shmuck." Ankia whipped her hair into place, it glistened within the fading sunlight a bit. She looked at Kaladin with an emotionless expression "See ya." And jetted off back towards the tavern.

Little did he know that i already landed a tracker on his sorry ass. He couldn't find it if it was right on front of him.

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 10:35:37 am »
I was ordered to observe.

Ankia's words echoed in his mind. Kaladin smirked, watching dust clouds follow her as she gained distance. He pulled out a canteen and took a gulp. It wasn't like he had any real want to get more drunk, but the taste was just something he was accustomed to.

Didn't make sense. Why would someone want him watched? And why would the chick hired suddenly leave? Unless...

He realized she put a tracker on him somehow. Either way, he really didn't care. She was good. Kaladin had dealt with bounty hunters in the past, and he could tell whether or not he could ditch them. This one wasn't going to let up, so it would be easier on him if he just let her do her thing.

After a little while, Spade stood up and shook his mane. Kaladin tilted his hat back from his eyes. "About time." The horse snorted, and Kaladin stood up. He let Spade rest for a bit, then mounted. Walking in the direction opposite the tavern, the man grunted with a scowl. "Shit," he huffed, whipping the reins hard to the left. Spade turned abruptly with a toss of his head, then they galloped back towards the tavern.

He tied his horse back to the post, then walked to the barkeep. He found Ankia's room and walked to the door. Wrestling with himself slightly, he leaned on the side of the doorframe, his head against his arm with his hat in his other hand, the scar on his cheek mostly hidden by his sleeve. He knocked on the door with his elbow and took a drink from his canteen.

When the door opened, Kaladin put his finger up, silencing her before she said anything. "Figured I'd save you the trouble o' tracking my ass down. I know you got a signal on me, so there ain't a point in running."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 07:29:29 pm by SilverDragonsBlood »

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2017, 08:50:43 pm »
Ankia slowly took Kal's finger off her mouth before smiling and proceeding to slap him hard across his face. "You need to earn the right to touch me first, and frankly you're doing a really poor job of doing so." Ankia walked back into her room, her body suit had already detached leaving her only in black opaque spandex.

He best not try to make any moves on me or else I'll shoot both his heads off. Kal entered the room and sat on the stool across from the bed. "Here's the person that gave me the bounty."

Ankia pulled up the message on her Bphone playing the message once more for him to hear. "Now that you've heard the contractor, who exactly are you?"

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2017, 09:17:01 pm »
Kaladin ran his thumb on his cheekbone, smirking with the slightest hint of arrogance. He followed her into the room, closing the door behind him and watching the effortless sway of her hips.

Stop it, he thought to himself, tearing his eyes away from her. Sitting on the stool, he eyed her once again. "The only thing I earn is my space, hun," he said.

It came as a slight shock that Ankia was willing to play the message for him. She really wasn't like other bounty hunters. The message itself was even more of a shock. He listened to each word, hanging on the individual sounds. A sudden rage exploded inside of him.

He jumped up and smacked the Bphone out of her hand and onto the bed. "Who the fuck are you?" He spat, barely four inches from her. "That..." he scoffed, "that isn't..." He trailed off, refusing to speak the last part of his sentence. "Fuck..."

He stepped away from Ankia, removing his hat and coat, draping them both over the stool. It was quite uncommon that he removed his large coat. In fact, probably no one in Edanith would be able to say what the coat covered - until now.

Kaladin didn't want to think about the message. He still had a heavy buzz, so it was probably his imagination. A desperate attempt to cling onto his past life. "Sorry," he said quietly. He put his hand on the wall, halfway turning his back to Ankia. The beaten tank he wore beneath his coat did a horrible job of covering him, which allowed Ankia to barely see the surface of what scars covered his body. At that point, he really didn't care.

He ran his fingers through his dark hair, squeezing his eyes shut and drawing a deep breath. "Why did you let me hear that?"

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2017, 09:34:45 pm »
Ankia cleared her throat as she laid onto the bed. "If you didn't want to hear it one of two things should've happened. Either he ordered me to shoot you down on the spot, or you could've rode off in the other direction. Don't get mad at me because you think you heard something that triggered you. Also, you can have all the damn space you want so long as doesn't bother mine, you touch me one more time I'll shoot your playtoy with Tauron."

Ankia really regretted not just shooting a tracker round and letting him run off. It would've made this engagement way less awkward and annoying than it already was. "What the hell even triggered your sorry ass anyways, and why the hell did he offer so much for me just to watch you?"

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2017, 09:51:10 pm »
He sank to the floor, his back against the wall. Kaladin didn't care what she had to say. The recording just played on repeat in his mind. Every time he played it again, it got distorted. He stopped it, trying to ignore the idea that was swimming around.

"Toys are meant to be shared," he said, giving her a sly smirk.

Kaladin pinched the bridge of his nose briefly. "I ain't mad at you, hun." He actually sounded sincere... That was a little weird. "Reminded me of an ol' bastard I used to know. He and I got into a hell of a fight. Knives, guns, fists. Everyday whenever we got a chance. I hated him to me bones. My bones." He rubbed the back of his neck with a sigh. "Last I saw him, he was being hauled off to TRIM. Turned out he was a runaway psychic from Aedolis."

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2017, 08:36:07 pm »
Wow, does he really think I'm that dumb? Ankia sighed as she placed her hands behind her head: "For the sake of almighty Rhiannus can't you just tell the fucking truth for once? Jeez, I've known every, single, person that went through TRIM. Even the ones that went before I was born. My father was buddy buddy with one of the researchers there. NO ONE ever left that station, and from where I tracked the message," she locked eyes with Kal "it wasn't anywhere near Aedolis or TRIM. So cough out the bull shit and tell me the truth."

Ankia had never been invested in anyone as much as this. Normally they'd be dead by this point. This whole deal of not being able to kill her target was getting on her nerves really quickly.

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2017, 09:01:34 pm »
"You a real bitch," he said, squinting his eyes at her. "And you can go fuck yerself. I'm getting a drink."

Kaladin shrugged on his coat and put his hat back on, straightening the forever crooked brim. He enjoyed being called out on his bullshit the first time. It was a nice change, but that appeal dies out really fast for someone who wants to be in hiding.

"Never address the name of a god," he grumbled, opening the door. "They only turn their backs when ya need 'em." He closed the door and walked downstairs to the bar.

Sitting on a stool, he was one of only two left there. The other guy was passed out in the corner. The barkeep quickly poured a glass for Kaladin, who threw it down early as fast as it was poured. One more, then half of the next. He couldn't be too drunk if Ankia decided to pry some more. "You planning on payin'?" The man asked.

Kaladin smirked, shaking his head. "Put it on the blue haired chick's tab."

Offline Xcavius

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 07:57:22 pm »
Go have your shitty drink, I have better tastes anyways. Ankia adjusted herself in the bed before she felt a vibration on her Bphone from across the room, she grabbed it and spoke to herself: " Goodness, I almost forgot..."

The barkeep sighed "I'm sorry sir, but she specifically told me not t-" Ankia rushed down the stairs leaving with only her body suit, she left all of her guns upstairs as she bolted to Kaladin handing him her credit card. "Take this, make me go fucking bankrupt I don't care, take my guns if you want, but don't you dare follow me."

She bolted out the door and jumped onto her hoverbike. The dead of the night wasn't helping her nerves.

She arrived at the field, the frontier was silent with the occasional sound of a wild animal. Ankia brought out her Bphone and placed it on the shoveled ground. A picture of her father appeared in the hologram. Ankia sung his old lullaby:

"Leaves from the vine
Falling so slow
Like fragile tiny shells
Drifting in the foam
Little soldier girl
Come marching home
Brave soldier girl
Comes marching home
"

A tear rolled her cheek as she summoned Ankus, she placed it on his grave. A tear rolling down her left cheek. "Happy birthday f-father."

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:05:01 pm by Xcavius »

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 08:41:16 pm »
Kaladin could've easily sat back down and drank himself into a stupor, but this caught his attention. He no longer cared about the drink. Even the strongest ale would have had to fight for him to stay.

He dropped the card on the counter and ran out the door after her. Leaping onto Spade, he whirled the horse around and galloped after her hoverbike. It was easy to track for someone who had experience. After being hunting so many times, Kaladin started being able to follow the signs of all kinds of hover vehicles.

Kaladin heard her voice moving in an unusually soft melody, so he dismounted his horse to go the rest of the way on foot. Spade stood quietly and didn't wander off, trained well by his rider. Kaladin took his hat off and placed it on his saddle, slowly approaching. He saw the hologram, heard her voice... It was an intimate moment.

He stayed quiet, crouching a few yards behind her. When she summoned the weapon with a shaky voice, Kaladin almost lost it. "You killed him," he said suddenly, looking at her. He grinned, but it wasn't arrogant or genuine - more of a knowing and sympathetic expression. "Only see that kinda guilt from a person who killed someone they loved."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal