Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment  (Read 8774 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment
« Reply #140 on: August 06, 2017, 11:56:23 pm »
Varali was glad when he made no mention of it. Phew, must not have woken up. This was all a dream right? The light had changed again, it was redder now which meant it was sunset which also meant that she'd slept the day away.

The kiss on the forehead got a surprised noise from her and she leaned back to look up at him with wide eyes. Flushed cheeks. Her eyes were on his lips and she listened to him talk and she smiled while he did so. Finally, he said hello.

"Hello," She whispered, reaching up to draw a finger along his lip before she slowly leaned in to press a kiss. It was a dream, which meant she could kiss him. It felt pretty real though, usually she was aware of the whole going in for a smooch thing but then it didn't feel like anything. Confused, she leaned in again, pressing a longer kiss to Apollo's lips before she finally leaned back and gave him a suspicious look. "I'm not dreaming am I," She whispered after leaning back, licking her lips and looking up and away.

Offline Lion

« Reply #141 on: August 10, 2017, 01:43:31 am »
Whatever was going on in her head, Apollo wasn't going to fight it. He had absolutely no energy to argue. And much like Critter who was content to lay on the floor and stretch out, spreading he toes as she did so, Apollo wriggled deeper into the bed. A shiver coursed down his spine and he pressed deeper into that source of heat.

"Varal...I."  It was all he could do before she leaned in and willfully kissed him. Her own pressure. That shock alone made Apollo's eyes flutter open and heat rose to the very top corners of his face, just underneath his eyes.

"If it is, I don't want to wake," he whispered back. He leaned up and seemed as if he were going to kiss her back. He stayed his forward motion, content to press his forehead close to hers. "That was a very nice kiss. I liked it. Very sensual. Very you.  Does that make sense?"

Heat rose into his face again, and he felt himself get a little flushed. "I'll make you dinner," he added quickly. "I have food at my place. It's clean! I uh, have veggies too!"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2017, 11:42:14 pm »
Very her.

Varali blinked and flushed, smiling slightly because she did something silly ( like kiss Apollo ) and turned her head ever so slightly so he wouldn't have to look at her. A few shades of red now, Varali wasn't sure what to do now.

Her wings gave a nervous flair outwards and she cleared her throat before she curled her arm over her breasts - which she just remembered were just flopping about out in the open like a pair of birds - and sat up. Though... Slowly she moved her hand down, standing up, pajama pants low on her hips from the nap and she turned slightly, not bothering to hide any nudity.

Apollo was a doctor. She didn't have anything he hadn't seen before. It would be fine.

So, Varali pulled on a shirt carefully, adjusting her wings out of it. A day off so like hell she was going to put on a bra and she finally turned to Apollo. Decent at last.

"I'd love that," She decided, reaching out a hand, "Want to go home and wake up first or... Should I just follow you there?"

Offline Lion

« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2017, 01:37:19 am »
Nothing he hadn't seen before, sure. But just because Apollo was a doctor, didn't at all mean that he was the most sought after one at DoSaM, let alone in all of Aedolis. There was no shortage medical professionals, and maybe if he applied himself once in a while he might actually shoot right to the top of that list. Gerry sure made it sound like he was some kind of prodigal son.

It was too bad he didn't feel that way most of the time. Too bad that his faith was misplaced. Apollo pushed himself up into a seated position, and just watched her, taking in that gentle sight. Why did she hide so much? He wished he could see more of her, that she saw the very beauty that he saw when he looked at her.

"Okay dinner it is. You can get ready, I'll get all the stuff, ready, it'll be great I promise," he said enthusiastically. Shifting himself off the bed, Apollo caught himself on the edge of the bed and called over for Critter. The calico cat mewled and the bells around her neck jingled as she rose from where she was cuddling with Tix. "Come on, we've got to get freshened up." 

He reached down and picked up that critter, slinging her over his neck like a cat scarf and gently pet her buns. She was a lot heavier than he last remembered. What the hell was he eating?  A little note he mentally scrawled away and pet Tix who tried to follow them.

"Come over when you're ready, Varali. Just come on in, it'll be open for you," he said back to her.  Apollo didn't waste any time, giving Critter her dinner as he went about looking for actual things to cook. Did he even know how to cook?! How hard could frying vegetables be? He had some oil for that. Some spices, and under the choppy-chop they went.

Within minutes they were under the fire, or rather over the fire, and he was tossing in broccoli and potatoes and carrots. Eugh, he hadn't eaten carrots since candidacy. And he wasn't even sure if those were real carrots. He just hoped that when she did show up, the food wasn't too cold.  She'd show up...right?

Yes, without a doubt.

Too bad his guts didn't get the memo and curled in and over itself again and again as he tried to keep the stir fry from burning.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #144 on: November 11, 2017, 10:53:58 pm »
Varali flushed, fixed her hair by tucking it behind her ears and then... Waited. She looked at Tix when her door was closed and wondered fleetingly if maybe it was an invitation given out of... Being Polite? She fixed her clothing and contemplated actually getting dressed to go over and have dinner but thought better of it.

Instead, she went and brushed her hair. Looked at herself in the mirror before pinching her cheeks to gain the illusion of a natural flush and chewed on her lips a bit to make them look all red and ... Swollen. Desirable? Did she want to be desireable? Taking a deep breath, she leaned against the sink, looking at her reflection before she just let her head drop forward.

Clearly she hadn't been or maybe he'd have tried something or... Varali squeezed the sides of the sink before she pulled on a comfy sweater, pat her shoulder to indicate for Tix to hop on - which he did with great gusto - and finally she fixed her hair again, pulled the sweater. One last pinch of the cheeks and she shuffled from her door to Apollo's.

A gentle scan of her chip and the door unlocked, as an expected visitor it made sense to program her in. Door open and fwip off Tix went to find Critter and she walked into the apartment, bare feet tucked under the hem of her loose comfy pants.

"Hi. I tried to take as long as I could but I just brushed my hair and paced a little," She replied honestly, walking over to Apollo in the kitchen and smelling... Well. Vegetables.

A tilt of her head and she brushed her hand against his back before looking down and away. "You know you didn't have to make dinner right? I mean... Thank you though." clearing her throat, she frowned at the sound of something falling over and just rolled her eyes to the sky. "Um.. How's work been." She finally asked, not really sure how to talk to someone that's seen her tits.

Offline Lion

« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2018, 11:31:22 pm »
The stirfry was going to burn. Without a doubt, Apollo was so sure it was going to burn, his stomach was in knots over it even as he kept it moving in the olive oil and made a small uncomfortable noise at the scent of delicious fried peas and broccoli and carrots and other veggies filled his kitchen. Critter meowed loudly and rubbed against his legs before hopping up onto the counter and curling up to watch him move about frantically in front of the stove.

"What?" he murmured, glancing back at her. "I'm not nervous. Who's nervous? I'm not, not me. That's for sure. Nope. Perfectly calm. I've had good ass over before....  I know how to wine and dine folks."

Critter meowed again and made a small mrr that followed it, staring at Apollo. He took a pinched piece of broccoli and tasted it. A small bite and when he was convinced it was cool enough he gave the rest to Critter. A few suspicious sniffs and the calico cat nibbled on it and munched it down.

"Okay, so I know I don't think I want a piece of ass. I like her. There I said it, are you happy now, cat? Stop judging me damn! I like her and I can't stop thinking about her and I don't want just another booty call. So yeah I'm making the girl dinner. Because why not? We mesh well together."  He was babbling, oh god how he knew he was babbling. He frowned and huffed and went back to the veggies when he heard the door open, and his stomach flipped something awful.

She let herself in, just like that, just like this was normal and she was just coming over like a regular day or maybe tired after a long day from work, and he'd get to cuddle her and rub her shoulders and make her feel good. And oh gods why did these thoughts make him feel so fuzzy and warm inside and Apollo couldn't stop his rambling thoughts until he felt her hand gently brace against his back.

Apollo did still himself and slowly glanced over his shoulder, shutting the stove off with one hand. "Heh, of course I know that. But I wanted to. It's the least I could do. My mama raised me right," he nodded to her and fixed the stirfry out on the plates he'd had ready to go.  He rolled his shoulders and invited her to sit at the table he had not far from the center island.

Critter was busy scampering around with Tix and the scuffling in the next room was audible until all was quiet.  The suspicion Apollo felt was brief until he glanced up to Varali, pulling out a chair for her and inviting her to sit. "Work is work. Still good. Still boring. Gerard still wanting me to live up to my full potential and me just...uhh trying to do my job. Despite what people say, I'm...well, I like being a doctor. It's kinda  nice to help people," he felt his face flush at the admission.  "I mean, I'm by no means the best."

He cleared his throat and moved over to the fridge. "Can I get you something to drink? Anything at all?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal