Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment  (Read 8921 times)

Offline Draconian

Re: The Sweet Taste of Disappointment
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2017, 12:18:57 am »
There was a moment where she wasn't sure if she was giving in because she wanted to or because she wanted him to stop talking. Still, she shuffled closer and on the carpet of her living room floor, tucked her head on his arm, eyes closing for a brief moment.

On her side so she didn't squish her wings she pressed het face to his arm, "well, you smell like soap," she decided before she got comfortable. It didn't take long for her head to rest on his shoulder, knee resting on his leg with her eyes closed. Varali wasn't falling asleep, oh no. She was just resting her eyes and deepening her breathing so it looked like she was sleeping.

Offline Lion

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2017, 12:28:50 am »
"Soap. Soap is good," he sighed. Apollo's back was more than a little worse for wear while laid out on that floor. Nothing needed be said. The pets were finally asleep - using him as a mattress for that matter - and soon he found himself drifting off. Weird. Normally the sleep followed the after banging part.

Apollo didn't know what time he woke up, just that he jerked at the growing again in his back. The floor was waaaay to hard, even with the thick carpet underneath and when he turned, he found Critter and Tix took to laying on Varali. Critter in particular had slung herself over Varali's neck like a purring neck pillow.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2017, 11:03:49 pm »
Varali was passed out.

Sometime she'd slipped from Apollo's shoulder and was propped up on her own arm, the back of her hand supporting her head.  The movement beside her roused her slightly, eyes peeling open before she started to move up and away.  "Whu?" she mumbled before her brain clicked. Critter. And Tix. "Hi kitty," she said softly, reaching a hand to scratch at the kitty before she move to roll onto her back. Critter just moved a bit, as did Tix, to lay on her chest.

"I'm sorry," She said, voice thick with sleep, "I didn't expect to fall asleep," it wasn't dark, but it wasn't bright either.  "Or fall asleep on you," A sheepish laugh and she let her arms out, "can you get the little monsters off me? They don't want to move."

Offline Lion

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2017, 04:18:00 pm »
Apollo was pretty sure he wasn't going to feel his arm later on through the day. Which might make for interesting body play. Hm, it was too bad Varali didn't want anything to do with that. Not yet. Maybe later, he could coax her into making out with him again. If anything, she was a remarkably talented kisser for someone that didn't seem to have much of human contact with anyone!  Did she practice on her reflection like some adolescent practicing for their first smooch?

"I think they're very comfortable where they are," Apollo whispered. He grunted, shoving himself into a sitting position and crawling around Varali so that he could move behind her. A reach across behind him and he yanked a pillow off the couch, moving so that he could stuff it underneath Varali's head.

He just took the liberty to hug her where she was, now that she was vulnerable and couldn't escape.  Apollo's arm found her middle, and tucked her in close, his front to her side, and he nuzzled his face in against the softness of her neck, where Tix and Critter converged.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #124 on: July 17, 2017, 09:30:24 pm »
Varali didn't move when Apollo got up. A small smirk when he commented on how comfy they probably were but she remained where she was and expected him to take the kitty and the Tix off of her. Instead, she felt her eyes drift closed though snapped open again when she felt a pillow. A soft sigh and she gave a confused look over her shoulder.

"Apollo?" she mumbled, turning on her side away from him. The critters, instead of meandering away, simply relocated on her. A soft noise and Varali sighed snuggling into the warmth of her floor guest. "What are you trying to do?" she mumbled, turning her head slightly and pressing her hip into his abdomen, "It's not a bed," her arm covered his around her middle and she breathed softly before rolling again to face her floor napping friend.

Offline Lion

« Reply #125 on: July 21, 2017, 11:41:22 pm »
"Okay, so it's not the most ideal place to sleep," he snorted and rolled around to press that hip she was pressing into his belly even closer. In fact his hand may or may not have been reaching down to slide her leg a little ways up his form. "But if you want to get more comfortable, why don't we move to the bed? Don't bother moving, I got it."

Apollo gave her hip a gentle squeeze. And wriggled a little so that Critter and Tix would shuffled off of Varali the moment Apollo twisted around and scooped her up into a cradled embrace. He wasn't the strongest Pilot, but her butt wasn't that big, he could deal with it. "Oh okay now sooo, where is your bedroom?  Hm, never mind I think I can manage."

Adjusting his arms underneath her legs, he scurried around and heard Critter meow after him. Tix came scampering along as well, shoving the way through the door that was open just ever so slightly, Apollo jutting his ass out to push it open with his butt.

And there it was, a rather nice luxurious bed in which to prop Varali down, and he quickly followed suit, rolling over her, to curl a pillow underneath his head.  "This is much better, I think. Don't you agree?"

Offline Draconian

« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2017, 12:02:12 am »
What?

Varali found herself tired. Too tired. Bone tired. Like her body decided that now was the time to just sleep. Sleep forever. Though they was someone awkward talking and she frowned slightly and pressed her face to something warm once she started floating. It smelled nice. Comforting. Like Apollo and - Varali's eyes snapped open and she watched as he pushed her bedroom door open. They were in her room.

Her room.

When was the last time she had someone in her room? Probably before Never. Still, sleep's bony arms clawed at her and Varali's eyes fell closed again once she was in the comfort of her own bed. Or at least on it. It didn't take a lot of effort to roll onto her back and undo the ties of her shirt. The rest of it came off easily before she curled her arms up and under her pillow, wings relaxed against her back. Her breasts weren't apparent but it was obvious that if she rolled over onto her back Apollo would get a free show.

Luckily for him - or unluckily - Varali never sleep on her back. "Sweet dreams," She mumbled, reaching out a hand blindly and touching Apollo's hair, thinking he was Tix.

Offline Lion

« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2017, 12:53:35 am »
She....she just took it off. Just like that. Apollo was perhaps a little more energized from that short nap than she was. Varali was far too tired to even realize what was going on. So, he had a few options here. He could quietly leave, tuck her in and have her be as comfortable as she was with Tix tucked in just right beside her. However, that was rather boring.

What kind of doctor would he be if he simply let her be without taking a proper look at her wing. It'd been bleeding pretty bad before and it'd be rather unprofessional of him to not make sure she was in good condition before taking his leave. Apollo wriggled around and Critter tucked herself in with Tix at the foot of the bed.

She was content with nibbling on the fox-thing's ears.  Apollo shifted around beside Varali, admiring her for a second, and getting a chill at the way the dimness in the room settled nicely against her skin. The door was partly ajar so light still streamed in, and highlighted the feathers of her wings. "Sweet dreams," he murmured.  His hands reached out and his fingers slowly and carefully dug into the muscles of her lower back, finding the connected appendage of her wings, massaging around them and touching those soft feathers.

No more blood now, and they were cleaned. He spread them out slowly, gently manipulating the joint of the wing and sending a very soft jolt of electricity to her nervous system, to tingle the skin of her back and - hopefully - inspire gooseflesh.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2017, 11:51:03 pm »
The touches melted into Varali's nap dreams.

Those dreams were always a little more vivid than her sleeping dreams. Once the shirt was off and she'd said her piece she was out like a light, mouth open slightly, already drooling a little. The touches were unfamiliar though and Apollo got the reaction he was expecting. Sort of. A surprised soft little moan but Varali didn't wake up. Instead the tingles turned into something different and she lived out a whole erotic life time in those few seconds when he'd touched her wings.

It wasn't long but Varali's eyes snapped open and she gasped slightly to realize the tingle was still there and... Apollo was also still there. It was disturbing to her how much she thought of him. How much she wanted him to put his hands on her in places she could barely put her own. Varali slowly turned so she was more on her side, her heart picked up a thousand beats a second and she reached behind him to take his elbow. Fluttering her wing out of his hand, she tucked them tight to her back before she shuffled back against him.

Guiding his arm around her ribs, just under her bared breasts she snuggled back into the bed. "You aren't sleepy?" she questioned softly, though no doubt he'd feel how fast her heart was beating. How bold a move this was for her. If he'd leaned over she knew he'd be able to stare at them but once she'd moved back she'd closed her eyes. "Whatever you were doing just gave me weird dreams" She admitted softly.

"Does that work anywhere or just on limbs?" She teased softly, turning her head ever so slightly like she was trying to look over her shoulder at him - which wouldn't work because she was a sleepy sheepy.

Offline Lion

« Reply #129 on: August 01, 2017, 02:12:40 pm »
Electrokinesis had it's uses beyond that of a combat or medical field. Apollo would have never made it as a soldier. He barely made it as a doctor. As a Pilot. All of that was another thought to consider. Another time when he didn't have his hands preoccupied with a warm body beneath his fingertips. His heart picked up in his chest.

Rapping wildly against his ribs. Apollo licked his lips, biting his lower one at her question. Why yes it could feel good. So good that both of them might very well see their own brains by the level of which their eyes rolled back into their skulls.

"I am not tired at all. Kinda looking to get tired though. But we'll see. Are you comfortable?" He tilted his head, not quite leaning over to look at her breasts, instead gazing into the side gleam where the skin met her eyes.

Finger tips itched to draw on the electrical pulses a body naturally made. And Apollo pulled them enough to make her skin tingle, wanting to touch gooseflesh. He shifted down to place his hands on her hips.  He gave a grip and slid them down to the warm space between her legs, summoning a very gentle pulse there, pulling at it. Making it tingle>

"All kinds of places. Really. Skies the limit."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #130 on: August 01, 2017, 09:09:21 pm »
Varali was awake now.

Not wide awake but awake enough for it to matter. Awake enough for it to count. Varali cleared her throat after he spoke and moved to look at him before his hands moved. The simple movement froze her and she could feel her heart beat in her neck. A chill tingled over her skin and the noise she made when his hands went where her own barely goes was a squeak and she reached a hand down to grab his wrist.

Didn't move it away though.

A peak over her shoulder and she chewed on her lip for a moment, "That isn't the sky," She shuddered out, looking at him over her shoulder before she carefully, tucked her wings against her back and rolled over. Flushed. Her chest flushed with her blush and her cheeks and she let go of his wrist to moved her arm over to cover her breasts.

"What are you after?" She whispered, moving her hand to press to his chest, hand moving to his neck and feeling the pulse.  Varali chewed on her lip and lifted a leg up so her knee was pressed to his hip, "Why this? You could... Have anyone," She whispered, looking a little hurt, "Are you after a conquest? I like our friendship, Apollo, but if you're just going to drop anything and everything if we do this I don't want it."

Offline Lion

« Reply #131 on: August 01, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »
The grip on his wrist was all he needed to give Apollo pause. The doctor saw  the change in her eyes, even the blush on her cheeks and it did nothing to quell the desire that currently burned in his veins. He made a soft whine at being impeded from touching her first. He shifted around to lean beside her, letting that leg she teased at his hip to remain.

"I could have anyone. But I don't want anyone else," he said. "I want you, Varali. I like you...  I...dunno. You're nice. You're different. I don't know what else to say, except how I feel. I want you...  I live next door to you, I'm not going anywhere."

Apollo's free hand reached across to grip her wrist, the one she held his with. And let his touch remain tender, thumb and index finger drifting down her forearm and letting his ability tap into the small shocks of her nervous system, pulling at it.

"I'm...more worried you won't like it. I mean, I'm good. Really good....  Lot's of practice. But...if you don't like it, or I do something wrong, then that means I've got to get better. Make you feel better about the whole ordeal," he admitted, flushing deeply. "I've never really had a deep conversation before. I like it when we talk. A lot."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #132 on: August 01, 2017, 10:19:07 pm »
The fact he didn't immediately stare at her breasts didn't go unnoticed by Varali. Her hair was slowly  being a mess around her head and she breathed carefully and listened intently while he spoke. Every word made her heart thump and she watched his lips while he spoke. Of course some of it was lies but Varali could forgive him going out and getting some when he wanted. Apollo was an adult who could make his own choices, just like she could make her own choices.

His hand on her arm hand her grip loosen on his wrist and she let go completely, eyes drifting shut at the pulses. So strange and alien. Varali bit her lip while she let herself experience instead of worry and finally opened them when he started to speak again. Not like it? The words caught her off guard. That was fair, she supposed, she was a little neurotic. Varali took his free hand and placed it on her breast before she pressed her hand to his cheek and leaned in for a sweet chaste kiss.

"Did you want to talk instead?" she whispered, leaning back slightly and tucking her arms under her head, giving him a sleepy look, "Would you like it better if we just talked until you were tired?" Varali smiled again, her hands tucked under her pillow, body exposed to her slightly newly nervous neighbour.

Offline Lion

« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2017, 12:08:36 am »
That had to be a good sign, when she didn't shun him completely. Apollo hadn't completely lied. The parts that were true was the fact that he enjoyed talking to her. And he wanted to talk in a different dialect, with their bodies, and their tongues, and their over all physical endurance. That was a real heart-to-heart.

"Sure. We can talk, between kisses," he offered as a compromise. He shifted around to lay across her, one arm on either side of her head, only flicking his gaze down for a moment to witness the soft mounts of her tits. They were nice and he wanted to taste them. Apollo leaned over her and softly kissed her, taking her lips in a momentary breath.

"Are you scared of me? Is there something wrong with me?" he asked, parting lips. He sniffed and reached up with one arm, leaning on his other elbow and cupped the underside of her breast, fingers pressing deeply into those ribs there. 

"Why do you think I won't like you anymore afterward? I'll always like you Varali. I'll always want you around."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2017, 11:17:52 pm »
Talk between...?

The kiss didn't catch her off guard as she had expected but... Varali leaned into it slightly, heart picking up and her head screaming at her. When his hand moved to practically cup her breast the entire world crashed down and she  took a deep breath and let it out slowly, looking at him. Listening.

Apollo was concerned something was wrong with him? Varali closed her eyes for a moment and continued to listen, hands moving to rest at his arms and her fingers caressed him from shoulder to elbow. Swallowing carefully she guided his hand to at least cover her breast. Having it just hanging out with his hand on it felt lewd and wrong. Like the walls could see her and judge her.

"You're...." She looked at him, a hand moving to cup his cheek while she willed herself to calm down, "You're.... You're not picky." She looked down and away, "You don't want me for me," She said softly, taking his arm and curling onto her side, guiding him behind her so they were spooning. She kept his hand on her breast and she snuggled back into him, a little confused. A little tired.

"I'm scared of what will happen if... I do that with you. Because it means nothing to you but it's a big emotional investment for me, you know?" She gave his arm a squeeze and closed her eyes again, not sure what to do now that she was actually awake from her nap and it was still the middle of the day. "Maybe..." Varali licked her lips and pressed her back fully against him, plastering herself before she reached back and fluffed his hair, "You should go back to your apartment. And... We can have breakfast in a few days..." It was by no means a demand. Or a request. Just a suggestion.

Varali wouldn't tell him that if he pushed the subject just that little bit more it would break her resolve. She smoothed her hand up and down the arm she kept against her and soaked in the warmth of another body. The comfort it offered her. She could see why people liked this. Still couldn't see why people liked it with so many other people though. That part was still weird.

Offline Lion

« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2017, 01:23:06 am »
Maybe Apollo just didn't understand. Or maybe he'd been so used to having his prospective partner reciprocate his advances rather than just 'not resist' them. Apollo lived in the moment, all that mattered was the here and now.

His eyes softened though, and he could hear the hesitation in her voice and he didn't even feel his hand being moved to her breast in what would otherwise be his sole focus.  She turned in toward him and shifted so that he was hugging her back.

This...why this?

"I...no. I'm not going anywhere," he murmured, leaning towards her to bury his face into her neck, his hair falling forward. She wanted him to leave again? Because she was afraid of him. That be would use her and leave her. That he wouldn't care about what she had to say in the matter.

"We can have breakfast in the morning," he whispered, leaving a lingering wet kiss on her neck. "Let me sleep over." He gave her another neck kiss. No play with her senses this time, no pulling the pulses on her nerve endings.

"I do care about you. I understand now that you're afraid. And that's ok," he purred and hugged her back into his chest. "Everything will be okay."

Offline Draconian

« Reply #136 on: August 03, 2017, 08:35:01 pm »
His words pleased her a little bit and Varali whimpered slightly at the kiss, having not expected anything. Honestly she'd expected him to give her a weird little kiss on the back of the head and leave. Not for him to snuggle in and ask to sleep over. Varali swallowed carefully and took deep breaths to calm her raging heartbeat. Not going anywhere.

Varali smoothed her hand over his at her breast and she snuggled into the pillow with a small smile on her face. She still trusted him about as far as she could throw him but the cuddles were nice. Slowly, she rolled over and shimmied down to press her head to his chest so they were front to front.

"I guess I can believe you," she whispered, lips tickling against his chest with each little movement. "You are a doctor," She teased, hand moving to rest on her hip, ignoring the fact that if she passed out now she'd wake up in the middle of the night. This was nice though. This was comfortable. It didn't take long, but Varali eventually found sleep snuggled against her strangely handsy neighbour.

Offline Lion

« Reply #137 on: August 05, 2017, 09:54:11 am »
It was safe to say that Apollo wasn't used to this kind of rejection. Normally it came in the form of a drink being thrown in his face, or a polite guffaw in the offer to roll around in an office somewhere. Apollo found this kind to be sweeter than anything else. It was kind of amusing come to think of it. Only Varali would have ever garnered this kind of response. And only she would have made Apollo want to stay the night.

"I'm some kind of trained medical professional," Apollo agreed, snorting a little as she curled her body in toward his. He shivered and reached down to rest his hand at her waist instead of her breast, hiding her body instead with his own. Just in case the walls were still watching her. And they were. Always the walls were watching.

Apollo began to speak, say something, utter nonsense until eventually even he droned off to sleep. Probably talking about the pets he had when he was a child. Those were easy to talk about. Apollo always liked critters, usually stray cats that he came home with that his mother always wanted him to get rid of. She didn't like her boys being soft, she said. She wanted them to be strong. They would be Pilots someday, just like their father.

Offline Draconian

« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2017, 01:05:20 am »
Varali had slept peacefully. Surprisingly so for having never knowingly slept with anyone before. Every so often her eyes would flutter and she'd half wake up. A press of her lips to flesh and she'd snuggle back in. It was a lovely dream.

So real she could almost taste it.

Giving a stretch, chest pressed to her dream, she made a squeaky breathy noise. Her hand trailed down his chest curiously and her fingers dipped against his hip. Pants? Fingers dipped further before... Oooh. Oh whoops.

Varali's eyes cracked open. There he was. Still here. "Are you awake?" She whispered, moving her hand away from his bits to smooth along his neck and chest. It was later. Not morning. Slept through the afternoon.

Offline Lion

« Reply #139 on: August 06, 2017, 10:04:46 am »
Apollo's eyes flicked open at the sound of a voice close by. Was he awake? Pretty much. He had felt something groping him. And since his arms were around her and hadn't moved around for hours. Thus Varali was the only other suspect.

He made no mention of it, and tilted his neck in to lightly peck at her forehead.

"I think so," he whispered back. "Should we get and have breakfast again? Or is it dinner time already?" He pressed further against her. "Either way.  Hello."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal