Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Looking for some dangerous rp combat  (Read 348 times)

TepigTurtwig

Looking for some dangerous rp combat
« on: April 15, 2017, 08:09:15 pm »
Hello, I am fairly new addition TepigTurtwig, and... I realized something today. In all my time of forum rps, I've never roleplayed dangerous, pvp roleplay combat (Unless you count pokemon battles as dangerous). Usually, it's either the group vs. npcs, or sparring matches with no stakes. So, I wish to change that now.

Here is my Pilot Character, Jerek, and his dragon, Talisman. http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/smf/index.php?topic=6124.msg47108#msg47108

Now, I'm fully aware that most would say "nay" to rp combat with a pilot since they tend to be quite powerful, and usually not in situations where they would be in any sort of trouble, since they are usually hanging around upper Haviah. However, I think a situation where the opponent has shot down Talisman midflight would even the odds, if not tip them in the opponent's favor. The rp would begin with Jerek going a little out of network range at the crest of his daily inspection circle, where the antagonist would get a quick shot on Talisman. Without any backup, Jerek would have to use his Psionic powers to defend his dragon.

Now, in terms of how the combat works, we play by the honor system. No fancy rolls, measurements, ect. Just allow attacks to work sometimes and take things into account. Also, I'd much prefer a retreat for the loser than a death, or maybe being taken captive. Death just isn't half as fun for story purposes as imprisonment, escape, or interference(Things like natural or unnatural obstacles blocking the path to the enemy, essentially separating combatants before any death blows can be dealt).

So, let me know if interested. Oh, and, I sorta need a character that would be willing to harm a pilot for the enemy, so... that's kinda the only requirement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal