Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: I Object!!! [ARAD]  (Read 557 times)

Ket

I Object!!! [ARAD]
« on: January 28, 2017, 03:17:07 am »
Well, this was a bit odd....Iolas tried not to look overly nervous as he idly browsed a street vendor in the market. His buyer should've been here thirty minutes ago. He's already wasted a few good credits on cheap knickknacks just to blend in a bit. God this was supposed to be a quick hand off of some less than legal tech and he would be on his way. Sure he didn't mind shopping, hell he didn't even mind meeting on what was quite possibly the busiest market in Libra. He did, however, mind having priceless, illegal tech on him so close to one of many military patrols on Libra.

Still, the payout of this job would be well worth the danger. It'd taken him months to get his prize and he'd be damned if he didn't get paid for the best heist he'd ever pulled. Bragging rights aside, he'd probably be able to buy the entire market if this went well.

Iolas turned and began walking down the street, pushing past a few people as his eyes scanned the crowd once again. Red hat, dark eyes, blue scarf. That's the info he'd received. He sighed as he adjusted his own hat and scarf. Honestly he thought the buyer was going a little far with all this subterfuge crap, buuuut he had to admit...It was a little exciting. After buying yet another novelty item, he moved on to the next stall. Maybe the buyer went to the wrong marketplace? After a moment of thought, Iolas straightened up slightly and looked back out at the crowd. Wait, maybe HE went to the wrong marketplace!?

His lips pulled into a deep frown as he looked out towards the sea of people once more. His fingers idly traced the lining of the round package clipped to the inside of his jacket. Okay, he'd give the guy ten more minutes. After that, he was keeping this thing to himself.

This would work out...He was sure of it.

ARAD V1.0

Re: I Object!!! [ARAD]
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2017, 07:16:31 am »
Not in my fucking ward. Those were the words Junfa struck out with. She'd been informed by her commander that there would be a black market deal happening in her market. She walked among the crowd, incognito among the people. Some of her agents, in civillian outfit, were already moving in.

The buyer had already been taken into custody and was now shown Libran hospitality. Soon, each of his contacts would be revealed. She'd read into the report later. Now, it was just apprehending the seller.

Iolas may've thought he was being anonymous and inconspicuous. But he sure as hell stuck out like a sore thumb. To a trained eye like Junfa's, it was easy to see who was nervous and tried to act as innocent as possible. It didn't help that he matched the description that was given by the buyer.

She moved up behind the man, coughing slowly. "I'd appreciate it if you got on your knees and put your hands in your neck," she stated coldly, hand resting on the hilt of her katana. Iolas would at the same time, see several people turning towards him, opening their coat to reveal blaster pistols, barking orders at other civillians to move.

Ket

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 07:38:37 am »
"Welp, so much for positive thinking." Iolas chuckled lightly to himself as Junfa made herself known. He should've stuck with his gut here. He looked back slightly to get a better look at the woman speaking with him. "I'm glad you're polite at least." His lips curled up into his most charming smile as he began to raise his hands behind his head. "Pleased to meet you."

Bright side at least, they wouldn't fire on him if he was in a sea of people.

Just like that he dove forward, crashing straight into the stall in front of him. The man behind it let out a surprised cry as Iolas practically tackled him to the ground. "Sorry!" He called out before rolling out the side of the stall and sprinting into the nearest crowd.

Second bright side. He was small and limber.

Iolas began to practically flow through the crowd, ditching his stupid hat and scarf as he tried to push towards the nearest street, all the while trying to move past the other officers. What would he do this time? Take to the rooftops? Hijack a car? Sewer route? Hide in a trunk or something? Eh, he'd figure it out once he got out of this crowd. Occasionally he'd make a necessary sacrifice of pushing a random civilian backwards in an attempt to slow down his pursuers. "Ah, Sorry! Sorry!"

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
"I'm sure we can get properly acqua- Hey! Freeze!" She called out as he dove into the stall. She immediately jumped over with a good amount of dexterity. The issue that Iolas had was that he tried to run away from what was in essence a modern day ninja.

He might've been small and limber. But she was slender and agile. A trained soldier. Not your average police officer. She held her hand on the hilt of her blade and pursued after the man. Pushing the people he threw at her away, knocking them sidewards or even grappling them with a shoulder check to flip over them.

And she did her best to catch up to him, trying to go for his legs with a rugby tackle, hoping to smack him down to the ground.

Ket

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 10:55:50 am »
Iolas was actually having some fun. With a smile he weaved past a few more people. The smile faded completely as he finally peaked back and saw just how fast Junfa was coming at him. Oh hell she wasn't just some cop was she?

Sadly, despite being fast, he wasn't a trained athlete. Junfa caught up to him way faster than he thought she could. "Holy sh-" Iolas was cut off as she straight up tackled him. He fell hard against the deck and immediately began to turn and wriggle. As they were, he probably had only a few seconds before the rest caught up.

"I don't suppose I can convince you to let me go?" He only had managed to sneak his knife on the station with him, but he wasn't about to draw it and go toe to toe with a bunch of sword wielding cops. "What if I say please?" At this point he was just trying to use his legs and feet to push her off so he could start running once more.

ARAD V1.0

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 12:31:59 pm »
Iolas was by no means the first criminal that ran. And by no means would he be the last. She put her hand on his knee, forcing it down to crawl on top of him. She held up her fist, aiming to slam her palm against his face with a brutal smack, aiming to wind him.

"No," she bit out coldly, aiming to flip him over if the slam connected. She'd brandish cuffs and try to put them on, after pulling his hands behind his back.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal