Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Dreaming in Digital [M]  (Read 9517 times)

Offline Lion

Re: Dreaming in Digital
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2016, 10:15:02 pm »
The puzzle pieces looked the same, the maze of a mind like any other.  And yet it wasn't.  Even with the usual avenues he envisioned, could see like highlighted sections of quadrants of a separate reality.  He felt himself there, capable of making tangible contact with every thought.

He was gentle though and walked through her mind.  Outside of the examination, Tetra said, "Take in a deep breath.  Easy now."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 07:07:58 am »
Annabelle gave a soft whimper and tried to do as he said, eyes clenched shut. She couldn't quite decide what it felt like, exactly, but she knew she didn't really like it.

She tried to focus in breathing. In and out. In and out.

Offline Lion

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2016, 10:37:05 pm »
Tetra kept his presence soft, trying to take babysteps, for lack of a better phrase.  He could see very little as he explored, pushing through the clouds where he could, and he heard the voice that she did in her dreams, and it drew him in.

He felt his heart beating faster.  "Your mother...is strange," he said.  "It isn't any clearer....  It...feels as if we are not alone here."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2016, 05:51:01 am »
Her heart jumped up into her throat. "Not- not alone? How- you're in my head!" Panic was starting to set in.

Trespasser.

What? Was that the doctor? Could he hear that?

Cast him out. Don't let him see.

Cast- let him see what? What was going on?!

NOW!

This time the voice was accompanied by a jolt of pain. Annabelle screamed and her magic reacted on instinct, surging out in an effort to protect her until every inch of her skin momentarily served as a live wire, crackling with electricity.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 05:52:17 am by DragonSong »

Offline Lion

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »
He did hear the voice and it alarmed him greatly.  Tetra could feel himself heat up, and he saw a horrific face on the other side of the plane in which he wandered.  He fortified his position, but staring into another face, it made him gasp, one that neither Annabelle's nor his.

He screamed suddenly, pulling back and he was shoved back against the office door. Tetra was shoved from her mind and he gasped staring up at her.  He was razzled, electricity still crackling about his body.  He slammed his hand on the com from his wall. 

"Get the subject out of here at once," he hollered, still trying to catch his breath.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2016, 09:43:03 pm »
Gasping, Annabelle almost collapsed in on herself. Pain and magic still buzzed through her, and it took a moment before she realized Tetra had been flung against the wall.

The subject. Sakes alive, she was so sick of being called that. "I- wait, please- I'm sorry, it was an accident!" She tried to get to her feet but her knees trembled and threatened to give out.

Offline Lion

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2016, 10:08:14 pm »
But it would be too late.  Already the black-suited guards had her incapacitated and were carrying her out of the room and back to her quarters.

Tetra caught his breath, brushing his hair back that loosened from his ponytail and fixed his glasses.  He sniffed and frowned at the black burn marks her magic had left behind.  Best to get that fixed right away.  Can't have her having an more 'accidents'

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2016, 07:19:34 pm »
"Wait, wait, I'm sorry, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to-" Annabelle was still babbling when she was dragged back to her quarters and locked in. Unable to hold herself up any longer, she collapsed against the wall, drew her knees up to her chest, and sobbed.

She didn't know how long she stayed like that. She could vaguely hear a guard being posted outside her room, and someone talking about labeling her officially "dangerous".

Offline Lion

« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2016, 10:54:04 pm »
The dark of the room was momentarily disturbed when Annabelle was shoved inside of it.  Cal blinked, clearly disturbed when he heard voices. This time they weren't just in his head.

He sat up on his cot, dropping the deck of cards he'd been flipping through and he glared at her.

"What?  Your session with the doc not go well?" he asked with a sniff, and wiped a bogie from his nose.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 06:00:04 am »
Sniffling, the Mage slowly raises her head. "Y-you could say that." She dropped her chin onto her knees with a sigh. "I sorta...zapped the doctor..."

Offline Lion

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 08:36:18 am »
That was enough to spark a cackle from Calixte.  He shuffled off the bed sliding next to her.

"That's hilarious. You know I always disliked that snooty bastard.  I hope you got him good."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 08:13:51 pm »
Annabelle gave a watery chuckle and leaned against his side. "He's not that bad," she protested halfheartedly.

A sigh bubbled up in her chest and she hid her face in her hands. "Oh gods, Cal, I fucked up so bad. Wh-what if they take me away? I could've really hurt him!"

Offline Lion

« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2016, 09:30:38 pm »
"No, he's bad.  Even the way he talks, like he's never been laid," Cal commented with a chuckle.  "Seriously, even his name sounds like a headache.  Phaedras.  Dr. Tetra Phaedras.  More like Tetra Fuck-head."

He turned slightly and put his arm around Annabelle.  "Don't worry.  They'll have to drag you away kicking and screaming.  But probably not.  THey'd most likely drug you and me then drag you out.  Hrm.  I guess that's not making anything any better."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 06:12:42 pm »
She went from laughing to scowling at him in a matter of seconds. "No, Cal, it's really not helping," she agreed dryly.

With a huff Annabelle curled herself more comfortably against his side, tucked under his arm. "Well, at least you'll have te room to yourself. That oughta make you happy, huh?" she muttered balefully.

Offline Lion

« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 07:32:42 pm »
"Nah, I never was one for rooming alone.  I find I start hearing shit coming in from the walls.  Besides I like having someone to spoon with.  It's boring alone.  After you masturbate, you knock out then it's all over," he said with a shrug.  "Oh and I like you.  THat's gotta count for something."

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2016, 01:35:53 pm »
Annabelle giggled again and shook her head at him. "I'm not sure whether I should be flattered on concerned," she teased wryly, giving his shoulder a little bump.

Offline Lion

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »
He gave her a look.  "Be flattered of course! It's me you're talking too. Besides we're roommates, we better learn to get along," he said.  He bumped her back, a little harder.

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2016, 12:16:41 pm »
"Jerk," she accused fondly, retaliating by tickling his sides vindictively. Her eyes were still puffy and tear tracks traced her cheeks, but at least she was smiling.

Offline Lion

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2016, 04:59:27 pm »
Cal yelped and scurried away.  "nooo! No-no-no-no!" he howled with laughter trying to fend her off.  He cackled until his sides hurt from laughter instead of the side poking.  How dare she use this against him, his one weakness!

"You better quit!  HAHAHA!  IT!  Before...you get it back!   HA!  TWO-FOLD!"

Offline DragonSong

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2016, 05:29:09 am »
"Ha!" Annabelle chased after him, giggling uncontrollably. "What are you gonna do about it, huh?" she taunted with a lopsided smirk.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal