AEDOLIS > The Rest of Aedolis

Fluffy feathers with a chance of Starshine (Stardancer~!)

(1/21) > >>

SilverLuna:
''After so many preperations we finally stole the Galwyn family heirloom.'' a woman with millimetered pink hair at one side and long locks at the right side grinned widely as she placed one leg over the other on the table, lighting a cigarette. She was wearing thick black leather boots with metal straps, torn tights, tight short pants and a black punktop with some belts and large variation of coloured splashes.

''We have it, now how are we going to devide the earnings? The gem will loose value if we shatter it in pieces.'' a man spoke wearing black punk clothes and goggles. ''I do want my cut.''

''We are from the same gang stupid. The head boss decides what we get.'' the woman replied. Six more others joined the table carrying various alcoholic beverages and cheap food which in this case was the best this roadstyle themed house could offer.

''free from the house if we promise not to tear it down more'' A broad man spoke. He wore spikes as accesories on leather straps. His hair was spiky too.

They had preparing it for months; stealing an eggshaped fire opal from a museum. It had not been easy. There were many kinds of protection on this thing. And they questioned wether it was just the jewel and nothing else they needed to grab. Which they thought was odd regarding there were things in there way more valueable then some fire opal.

''Come on show our prize. Laerda'' he said gulping down a pint of ale in one go. ''Ugh... it's like warm piss...'' he muttered but took a second.

The pinkhaired woman took her back and took from it a large eggshaped red gem wrapped in cloth. ''It is ours now.'' she said with a grin.

''It's our master's you mean...'' the spiked man replied before Laerda put the gem back.

Their celebration consistent of booze, and various women whom were taken from other tables did not last long however as authorities arrived.

''Shit...'' Laedra cursed and did not take long until weapons were drawn.

''Forget the fighting lets bail out.'' the spikey one said. ''Lets go to our ship and head to HQ. This ale sucks anyway''

''Grand plan Chronos'' Laedra said and rather then throwing something lethal, a smoke bomb was released before all eight of them made their way out. In their way which indicated shooting their weapons at the ceiling and hitting a few of the police that were there, wounding them so they could not follow and as final, an EMP bomb to make sure they could not call for any back up.

The woman carried the bag with the jewel. It was however not that far; in this forsaken small town there was not much and they had merely landed closeby to get a celebration drink after losing the authorities for getting the thing.

Stardancer:
Less than a mile away in the nearest town over, a sleepy little town named Gold Rock as it once had held several veins of gold nestled in many a crack in the ground. However this was long ago, the rich supply that had given the town its namesake had long since dwindled in quantity, there being little if any of it left anymore. But the name like many things here, had stuck as no one saw the need to change it. A remnant or reminder of its glory days the name was, as though it clung to it, reluctant to let go.

It was here a strange otherworldly being resided, as she helped out the restaurant owner with the many tasks that were needed to keep the small establishment in business. The owner of The Black Kettle had long been in need of more help, and since help these days seemed to be few and far between he had really been struggling with the upkeep of the place. There was only him and one other, however the latter wasn't there that much to actually do their part as they led a busy life elsewhere.

In any case, Brian was immensely grateful for the strange alien creature who had so graciously helped him out these past several days without pay. She had told him she didn't need it where she was from. And indeed she was an odd sight to his tired eyes. When they first met, the creature had introduced herself as Evadne, a Flameling as she had called herself. Brian had no idea what a Flameling was at the time. That was until she told him of her true origins. And honest to every god out there, he had completely not been expecting such a answer. A star? In earthbound form? Who knew such a thing was even possible?

But as bizarre as that sounded, he had no reason to disbelieve her as there was no way one could mistake her as being human. The idea was ludicrous at best. Plus the being seemed to radiate an energy so pure and light, it was nothing he had ever felt before in all his fifty one years of life. It was both a haunting and beautiful energy at the same time, something which sparked hope and comfort inside his very soul. Whether she was consciously doing so or whether it was just there regardless, the restaurant owner found he really didn't care much. The energy was peaceful and loving and it always brought a smile to his face when he both saw and felt her coming.

Evadne finished cleaning one of the tables there, simple grunt work for sure, but she didn't mind at all. She was helping someone out after all and that was mattered to the star. About to ask what else she could do to help, Brian came out from the back room then, wiping his hands on a dirty cloth, before coming up to her. "I greatly appreciate all the help you've done for me these past few weeks, but I can't continue to abuse your aid like this anymore. It doesn't feel right to me. So it is with great regret, I must let you go, as surely a powerful being as yourself is not meant to be cooped up here in such a cramped place as this. After all, I'm certain you have much to do with your time here, and that does not include helping out a weary man like myself the entire time."

Evadne had been about to protest, saying it was no trouble, but Brian held up a hand in reply. So it was with that, she was left to her own devices once again. The Flameling worried about him but he had assured her he was looking into the matter of hiring more help and that two people had already expressed their interest in working there. It would only be another week at the very most that he would have to wait.

And so the Star wandered the enclosed grounds nearby, outside the small town of Gold Rock. Nearby another equally small town, she made to enter it to see what other opportunities lay ahead for one such as her. When she had first come to this world, the huge domes had been very stifling for her, as they blocked out the open air of the natural world, even though the lands around it were nothing like they once had been decades prior. The very earth suffered under all the toxic sludge which permeated the lands around it for miles, the people having to separate themselves from it for obvious health reasons. Only the barest whisper of Mother Nature ever sounded anymore, as the planet was dying. Yet life in its own cloistered way, still thrived.

Sitting down on a rock nearby, she moved a hand through her glowing, luminescent hair, the aura around her slightly dimming as she again felt the sorrow of the planet. Evadne didn't know what else there was to do now, but she would continue to travel and see what she was able to. Having been on this earth for a total of two months now during her current transition, three weeks of which were spent adjusting, she hoped to find something of interest soon. Otherwise, she would return to her cosmic home again. Evadne would give it at least another month or so before she did that though.

SilverLuna:
''Come on we're almost there'' Laerda spoke.

They were only two minutes away from their ship that was hidden in the last bit of nature this forsaken planet had to offer.

Chronos stopped first. ''What do we have there.'' he said as he looked towards Evadne.
''What about it.'' Laerda asked as she stopped by his side, panding.

''How often do you see someone with luminescent hair? Let's bring her in.'' Chronis suggested. The other men seemed to agree.

''What for. The ship is small enough as it is for the eight of us.'' Laerda replied.

''Another woman will not be a miss. It is a long trip. We do not mind doing you but you scare the shit out of us sometimes. Besides. The boss likes special things. '' Chronos replied. ''Laerda, go to the ship with Edward, Tedd and Felix. The rest, come with me.''

Chronos grabbed his pulse rifle and commanded the rest to come with him.

--

''Hello miss. You seem lost. Do you need a ride somewhere?'' Chronos asked with his most charming smiles. Which was not enough to maask his intentions fully making it a really weird one.

Stardancer:
Evadne looked up as she sensed others approaching. A group of men, no doubt some kind of gang up to no good. Evadne counted four of them, all eying her like she was some difficult to acquire prize. No doubt she was, as not too many of her kin were to be seen on any one planet. It was rare enough to find one, more than that really didn't happen that often.

Their intentions were crystal clear to the being of light and flame. Evadne frowned, for she did not want any conflicts or needless deaths to happen. Pacifist though she may be, she would not hesitate to defend herself either. The gun the man carried at his side may not be able to outright kill her, but it would still very much hurt no less.

The Star chose her words carefully. "No thank you, that is quite alright. I am merely deciding where to head next is all. Do not let me trouble your group at all, I am quite capable of finding my own way, rest assured." Evadne hoped that would be the end of that, but somehow she doubted they would give up that easily.

SilverLuna:
''Ahw come on it will be fun.'' Chronos spoke.

''Oi Chronos.'' Laerda said. ''You do need to open the bloody ship.'' the flap of the bag was not closed properly and a small part of the red jewel despite wrapped was visable.

Chronos tossed her the device that would allow her to do so.

''Leave it Chronos... you are horrible with women. And you are surely not as handsome as you think you are. Let us just go...'' Laerda spoke.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version