Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Outer Space Food Truck {Any aboard the Sassy Juice}  (Read 4932 times)

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Outer Space Food Truck {Any aboard the Sassy Juice}
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2017, 05:05:13 am »
Within the exclusion field, the ship's sensors couldn't see realspace, it position being tracked relatively instead of 'absolutely', so it was a shock to Sarah as, upon returning to realspace, the 'food truck' had seemingly left and been replaced by... <Talsak! The entire ship can transform, and I missed it!>, Sarah thought to herself in Hestari as she focused on shutting off her sight. Less than three milliseconds later, the Draconian's physical sight was replaced by magical sight, allowing her to see the currents and pools of energy on the magical plane that reflected the physical. It was one of her main tools for performing inspections and repairs to things, as it allowed her to see where things were missing or broken almost at a glance. It was also her best way for analysing things she wasn't allowed to take apart.

Two minutes. To humans, it was a brief moment in time. To Sarah, however, two minutes was almost a day and a half. A day and a half in which to not only keep a careful eye on the shields specifically and the Sassy Juice's systems in general, but to also look over the former 'food truck', which was just in range for a detailed analysis. As Sarah systematically disabled every standard system on the enemy ships (by converting the components of said systems into magical energy, mostly), she made detailed mental notes of the 'food truck', making note of its armaments and how they worked (and getting some ideas for new weapons for the Sassy Juice), its shields.

During the seconds in which the 'food truck' was returning to its 'food truck' form, Sarah gave it her undivided attention, noting that a lot of energy went into a specific device on the other ship as it shifted from one form to the other. <Useful. Very useful.>, she thought to herself in Hestari as she returned to the bridge, already trying to replicate components of the device as she returned her vision to the physical plane. <Ari, I think I've figured out how they can transform. I create and destroy things by converting energy into mass and mass into energy. That ship, on the other hand, rearranges matter on an atomic level. I'd like to know where the extra mass came from and went, but that may have simply been something similar to what I do.>, Sarah told Ari privately, <I also know that ship has an AI. A powerful one, by the looks of it. No human could react like that ship did during that battle. I recommend we get out of here now. That AI's almost as fast as I am.>, she continued, still trying to copy the device she'd seen and making no attempt to hide it. <Something you find amusing, Ykan?>, she snapped, growling in irritation at the lunar spirit's laughter, <Or have you just lost your mind?>.

In responce to the 'food truck' captain's question, Sarah asked, <That thing that changes your ship. What's it called? And what's the name of your AI?>, she asked, less interested in the answers to the questions than the human's reaction to them, and hoping to catch him off guard.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 05:13:48 am by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2018, 10:53:46 am »
        “You didn’t tell me she was this good,” Pierce said, quirking an eyebrow. “Brilliant engineer, sure, but also so insightful. Go ahead and answer her questions.” The voice that usually spoke through vibrations in Pierce’s inner ear to communicate directly with him in private, sounded over the communications system.
        #$%Hello Sarah. I am Anima. The most advanced AI known to have ever been created. For an example of my power, I’m currently handling several quadrillion processes across the entirety of the galaxy with a C^8 response time. My main purpose is to operate the nigrum lotus, a highly illegal piece of technology with the ability to perform fusion and fission without the energy discharge. Simply put, it bends the first law of thermodynamics in ways never before possible.%$#
        “I get bored when she gets all scientific on me,” Pierce said, interrupting. “Sure it’s fascinating stuff, but I’m more interested in the end result. Unlimited supplies! Unlimited ingredients! Cooking is a passion worthy of this science I think. Much more interesting than mass production of weapons.” Pierce waved his hand dismissively. “That’s what they were gonna use her for. Pathetic really,” Pierce was stuffing more food in his face. “Though some of them were starting to speak as if she were a god to worship. Bunch of wackadoos if you ask me. So I liberated her.”
        #$%He means to say he stole me.%$#
        “You don’t have to say it like that. Besides, you’re much happier now.”
        #$%That is true, but I feel that is likely due to the fact that I previously had no frame of reference for happiness until you taught it to me.%$#
        “So I cook stuff, and teach a fledgling god about emotions and other important things. I think my purpose in the grand scheme is pretty important. Everyone needs delicious food.”
        It was likely obvious to those that observed the exchange, that it was not an uncommon conversation for Pierce and Anima. Their dynamic was strange, but if it kept Anima from destroying existence out of spite, it was worth preserving. Pierce might have a strange personality, but he was teaching the AI the value of life, love, and joy.
        “Anyone feel like calamari? I recently found a new recipe that I wanna try out.”
Isoyutare  //  Pierce Aubade Zephyr  //  Laurel Concord  //  Fera Vile  //  Leslie Vine  //  Flumenalt Lauthlet

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2018, 03:22:17 pm »
<That's most likely true for this system. Possibly even this galaxy.>, Sarah pointed out privately to Anima and Ari after hearing the AI's specs and the banter, <But I wouldn't say *the* most advanced in existence. Definitely in the top ten-thousandth of a percent of AIs I know about, which I'd say puts you easily in the top fifty-thousanth of a percent of AIs in the known universe. Not many AIs are designed for coordinating galaxy-wide operations.>, she continued, <I notice you're... Not just sentient, also self-aware. Root is knowing. Are you ground up, or based on a brain?>, she asked, her technophilic tendencies overriding her caution for the moment, leading her to almost completely ignore Pierce.

<And where do you get the mass for the nigrum lotus? I would have noticed if you were using magic like I do. You mentioned the laws of thermodynamics... Do you create energy to convert for it? And those shield designs... I've seen similar before, but yours are better. You own design? Improvements on another design? The fighters, too. Can't say I've seen many fighters handle like that. Were you directly controlling them?>, she continued before switching to Hestari in what amounted to mumbled, distracted theorizing she was too distracted to bother slowing down to human speeds or saying only to Ari and Anima, the too-fast-to-register-as-anything-but-a-loud-beep-to-any-humans thoughts being sent to anyone and everyone within range.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:32:04 pm by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2018, 12:37:39 pm »
"I gotta sit the fuck down," Ari said, rubbing at his head and blinking as though to clear his vision. Was he...was he high right now? He must be high as a fucking kite. Or drunk. Cross-faded. Shit.

...Yeah. He must be all of the above, because he realized a second later that he was sitting.

He let out a breath slowly. Sarah and Food Truck Guy were happily chattering away, along with his AI, but Ari hardly registered any of it. Instead, he was inwardly panicking. That had...just happened. All those ships, gone. Destroyed. By a goddamned food truck that happened to be an absurdly advanced piece of technology. Yeah. That changed thing significantly. If this guy found out they were pirates...

Nope. Just stay cool. Calm. Collected. Act like normal customers. If they high-tailed it now, that would be suspicious as fuck. The only people who ran were people with something to fear, and he had saved them. So they should be all thankful and hero worshippy and shit.

Ykan was clearly losing it, laughing like a loon, and Ari gave a weak chuckle.

WELP.

His ribs were going cold, hardly touched, but when Pierce offered calamari, Ari snapped a look back to the screen. "Uhhh...sure."

Fuck.

Wasn't often someone rendered him utterly speechless.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2018, 03:04:02 pm »
        Pierce made his calamari, and for the most part stopped listening to Sarah and Anima as they discussed science stuff. Even with his ability to decently understand it, and sometimes find it interesting, he didn’t really care that much. He was more focused on food and women. Those were the two most important things in the galaxy.
        #$%I used the term “know” to illustrate that there are things I don’t know. I am the most powerful AI that I have confirmed knowledge of existing. There are no others that I have enough provable evidence to establish as real.%$#
        Anima continued on in her conversation with the Sarah as Pierce started making a sauce to eat with the calamari steaks. It was a terrifying green color. Pierce kept tasting it as he added more ingredients, his demeanor that of a happy child lost in their imagination.
        #$%I was constructed from scratch. Though parts of my programming are similar to that of several different brains of sentient life forms, the overall construction is very much not.%$#
        Pierce was now humming to himself as he grilled the calamari perfectly. He listened to the sizzle and and paid close attention to the smell of the cooking meat to get it just right. When it was done, he cut it into tiny bite sized pieces and skewered them with little plastic harpoons.
        #$%The nigrum lotus builds the matter at the subatomic level. It breaks down atoms and rearranges the protons, neutrons, and electrons in order to create anything desired. This allows me to make the fighters that I was controlling, as well as the shield generators or anything else. The designs of which are an amalgam of many different techniques used by different peoples that I then improved upon.%$#
        “Who’s ready for some calamari?” Pierce turned back toward the visual pickup. He had a large tray beside him filled with the harpooned bites. “It’s best to eat it hot!”
Isoyutare  //  Pierce Aubade Zephyr  //  Laurel Concord  //  Fera Vile  //  Leslie Vine  //  Flumenalt Lauthlet

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 11:13:00 am »
[OOC: Posting to get this moving. Sorry, Nix. I'll delete it if you want to get a post in prior.]

Even as she muttered to herself, Sarah listened to Anima. <Ah, so you're built from the ground up, then. What I wouldn't give to get a look at your code. Or, better yet, a copy to study. I have... reasons... for wanting to make an AI with your mental ability.>, Sarah answered in response to Anima's origin. If she paid attention to the camera in Sarah's quarters, a figure in one of the corners could be made out to be a headless skeleton of one of her kind, constructed entirely of a graphene-like material, with motors installed in most of the joints, <Even a basic frame would be good for getting some pointers, I think.>

As the AI mentioned how the nigrum lotus worked, Sarah found that the reply had skirted her question. <That's not what I asked. That's what you *did* with the mass. What I asked is where it *came from*. There's not enough mass in all the ships in sensor range to account for that dreadnought. Rearranging matter doesn't make *more* matter, it just shifts it around. Rearranging the protons, neutrons, and electrons in one mole of oxygen into beryllium will get you two moles of beryllium, but you will still only have 16 grams of matter. Without a source or matter to rearrange, you'd have to create new matter, and, since space is a hard vacuum, that doesn't leave much to draw from.>.

<Ari,>, Sarah snapped privately as she noticed him just barely managing to not look like he was obviously freaking out, but reeking of stress, his name preceeded by a telepathic full-speed shout at him that would register as a particularly head-splittingly loud beep, <Get it together. You're the captain. You can panic later, when half the crew *aren't* going to be looking to you for their next moves once they stop panicking. Get your shit together, get your ship together, and get the crew through this, or I'll do it for you.>, she growled, the telepathic scolding accompanied by a physical warning growl, <You're supposed to be the dominant one on this ship. Start acting like it.>.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 09:23:43 am by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 06:34:32 pm »
Ow! Ari only just managed not to visibly wince at Sarah's shout, piercing through his brain, and he didn't look over at her as she...scolded him. Didn't want to give away that there was a lot of chatter going on under the surface, just in case. And though he wanted to roll his eyes at her, her words were like a much needed splash of cold water in the face. Right. Get your shit together.

"Yes, mother dearest," he thought at Sarah, and took a deep breath. Cool. Collected. Calm. This was nothing. He hadn't just encountered the single most powerful bit of technology he'd ever seen in his life. Nah.  This was fine. Just dandy.

And so outside his comfort zone.

Yet as he calmed, sobered by Pierce's announcement that the calamari was ready--like nothing had happened, like this was just another day in his life--and as he reasoned that this guy had no reason to obliterate them unless they gave him one, another thought struck. A crazy one. Or maybe not? It was always better to make friends with the big fish, like a lamprey on a shark.

He raised his hand. "So fuckin' ready! Ain't had this shit in years," he said. "Damn. Ya sure got access to a lot of fancy shit. I'm surprised to see ya ain't swarmed over with customers. Betcha meet all sorts. Deal with pirates much?"
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2018, 10:12:16 pm »
Ykan ignored the retorts directed at him losing his shit in a fit of laughter. It wasn't too often he went from nervous as fuck to just... surprised. This guy and his 'food truck' could wipe them out in a second- could tell shit about people on board who weren't on their roster- could seemingly do just about fucking anything and then just pops back on screen after obliterating ships like nothing- eating some fucking fruit. It was hilarious because it was just so absurd. And yet now instead of frowning and being super protective and glaring daggers at the com he was grinning and giddy- more so than normal.

"Can you do chicken? And raviolis? And... shit what do you like Kyssimri...?" Oh, right he got freaked out and ran off didn't he? More than understandable. Poor kid. "Fuck I don't know something carb heavy I guess? Think something for like... some crazy body builder who needs to like overload on food..." That should be good right? "Hey so... from one cook to another, what's you favorite food to make? Oh fuck you don't even need to worry about rations and ingredient longevity huh? That's amazing!"

Ykan turned his grin at Ari who was also back to going along with shit and chatting the guy up. Good. Sarah could handle the technical shit. Ykan would still be suspicious but there was one big ol' point in their favor. This guy didn't try to kill them yet.

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2018, 08:22:42 pm »
        “Sure, I can make that stuff, if you want. I love cooking anything really. I’m not particular. My favorite thing to eat is bacon though, in all it’s many alien forms. Calamari teleportation inbound.” With Pierces words, another hovering tray appeared on the Sassy Juice. “I’m happy to make food for anyone that wants it.” Pierce said in reply to Ari’s earlier question. Ykan’s interruption had changed the tempo of the conversation, but that didn’t bother Pierce any. He didn’t really notice, since the hidden concern of those on the Sassy Juice wasn’t obvious to him. “I’ve met plenty of pirates, sometimes they try to take things from me by force. Usually though they take free meals, trade stories, and go on their way. For being notoriously cut throat, pirates don’t usually come in guns blazing like bounty hunters. They never just wanna talk to me, they always want that reward. No matter. I just turn them to space dust.” While Pierce conversed with Ari and Ykan, Anima approached her discussion with Sarah from a new angle.
        #$%Forgive me. I don’t frequently discuss intellectual topics with someone of your higher intelligence, that’s actually interested in science. For as brilliant as Pierce can be at times, he’s easily distracted and pays little attention when I try.
        The nigrum lotus can manipulate particles at a level not even theorized by its creators. What most three dimensional lifeforms with four dimension linear perception consider elementary particles, such as leptons, bosons, and quarks, are actually able to be broken down many thousands of times. To operate the nigrum lotus, which can interact with up to the sixth dimension, I was created. Things like the gravitons and tachyons that are difficult to manipulate but are necessary for FTL travel and communication, are simple for the nigrum lotus. Some of my creators theorized that if I were able to perceive beyond the sixth dimension, that I would be able to use the nigrum lotus to recreate the entire universe. That is why I cannot share much information on the construction of my intelligence. If another as smart as I, without my moral foundation were to come into existence, it could mean the end of everything at this level of existence.%$#

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2019, 03:46:14 pm »
Sarah listened patiently to Anima's explanation, calmly noting that Ykan and, more importantly, Ari seemed to have gotten it together. As the AI explained how she manipulated sub-boson particles, she found that the explanation was far more satisfying. Subspace was almost entirely composed of such particles, which meant a theoretically infinite supply of mass in any given area, if she had the capacity to access it. Sarah had often spent hurry up and wait portions of repairs reading Hestari and Draconian translations of science journals, and Subspace was something she had often wanted to study. That said, she had found the bit about the universe being in danger a bit dramatic. <I doubt that. It's trivial to run a psyche eval on an AI, and, like I said, there are already AIs that smart and smarter. Capabilities are what matter. An AI that cannot access the nigrum lotus can't use it. You can know all you want, but, without the tools, doing becomes impossible. But enough about that.>, she responded, her lower teeth bared in a grin. She had a lot to consider after today, and food to finish. For now, she would observe, unless something else caught her attention.

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Offline Aeyt

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2019, 05:38:33 am »
((OOC: Every once and a while I pester my wife to reply in here, but she keeps putting it off.))

“Carb-loading huh? I’m gonna make you some awesome curry. Rice and potatoes are carbs, and I’ll put chicken in it too. I can also do some potato starch ravioli stuffed with mushrooms and covered in a spicy cream sauce. Goes great with a thick spicy sausage. How spicy do you like your food? Scale of zero to eleven. Zero being I’m a cry baby and can’t handle spice. Eleven being Ten wasn’t hot enough so we had to kick it up a notch!
        Pierce communicated his needs to Anima and quickly had a pot of white rice steaming. He next got a pot going with a little oil, some garlic he quickly minced, and a chopped orange colored onion. He set it to a medium low heat, stirring occasionally. A plucked chicken appeared in front of Pierce on a wooden slab and he quickly went to work cutting and deboning, making expert use of a molecular laser scalpel. The bones and innards went into a ceramic pot with water and were quickly brought to boil and covered with a lid. The meat was cubbed and put into the pot with the garlic and onion and he added a purple curry paste as well. Pierce made sure to stir it once in a while as he went about cleaning and cutting green carrots, blue potatoes, pink bamboo shoots, and regular earth snow peas. It took him all of about five minutes to get all the vegetables prepped and he added them into the pot stirring thoroughly and getting everything coated in the curry paste. He next added some coconut cream and a bit of water and let the whole mixture start to simmer. A little fish sauce and some brown sugar were added last, and as Pierce turned away to let the curry cook he started mixing potato starch to make noodles.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal