Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Choices, choices  (Read 488 times)

Pirostyle

Choices, choices
« on: February 06, 2014, 09:43:54 pm »
I have my first character nearly ready to start on Edanith.

Trying to decide on a second one, most likely psionic. Problem is I don't know what combo of skills I want her to have.

Unstable (Strong Telepathy, Minor Telekinesis*): Because of the strength of her thought reading, she can, and sometimes without choice, goes into a blank rage from hearing so many different thoughts and voices. Her mind reading allows her to avoid and block attacks made at her with a much higher degree of success.

Technic (Good Teletechnopathy, Good Telepathy [No memory reading, thought suggestion], Minor Telekinesis*): Often communicates with robots or AI for fun, company, or to try and win them over as allies. She has normal telepathy too, but her enjoyment with teletechnopathy prevents her from developing her full telepathy potential like memory reading or suggesting thoughts to others.

Shadow (Good Illumokinesis, Average Cryokinesis, Minor Telepathy [Only able to hear thoughts with focus. No memory reading, thought suggestion, passive telepathy. ]): One of her talents is the manipulation of light. This ability, with enough focus, allows her to do things such as bend light around herself to become 'invisible', or alter what people see so that she appears to be somewhere else, or that there are more than one of her. She can also manipulate ice and cold, but isn't as skilled as she is with light. Her focus towards these manipulation abilities only allows her minor talent in telekinesis. The most she can accomplish is reading surface thoughts and a light layer or deeper thoughts with focus.

*: Telekinesis only used in moments when emotions run high, such as moments of rage, fear, or sadness. Only good at pushing objects around/back/up with quick outbursts. Examples include pushing a large stack of crates in every direction when running for her life, or exerting many times more force into whatever she punches when angry or sad.

Also, if the idea sounds fun, I'd like for her history to include something like, she was born on Libra/Teinari, but rescued/found by a pilot and taken to Aedolis. I can apply her as a candidate if it's cool.
Feedback welcome

Rising

Re: Choices, choices
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 10:29:17 am »
I think the third option sound the most interesting, the first option would make Aedolis a bit difficult for her. I have no idea about Pilots, but I'm not sure how being kidnapped from Libra or Teinar would work out... She could've been rescued from the wastelands, or from a ship that had left Libra and then been attacked? I think you should probably message someone with an appropriate Pilot character about it, if no-one's replying here.

Ohjoolly

Re: Choices, choices
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 02:00:15 am »
It is a very good post on it. I just posted this and I was looking for rerunning. There is for sure a lot of content I like.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal