Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Kurai wants to draaaaaaaaw.  (Read 1086 times)

KuraiKarp

Kurai wants to draaaaaaaaw.
« on: February 06, 2013, 09:10:29 am »
So help a girl out, yo. Give me characters to draw? :3 Preferably non-human, but humans are awesome, too.

I'm seriously that bored between classes. Free arts, yo. Haaalp.

furaffinity.net/user/kuraikitty

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
Re: Kurai wants to draaaaaaaaw.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 09:21:07 am »
I wouldn't mind a drawing of Wilhelm. Eva's also in need of an artist, as is Trotzige Schwert.  Eva's armor is high-tech, but also has a more medieval aesthetic to it. The helmet, however, looks similar to the Ranger armor's helmet in Halo Reach. The entire suit is jet black with various markings.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 09:23:33 am by GIR »
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

-------------------------------------------------------

Imperial Knight Eva von Draconis
Pirate Captain Drake Morgan
Imperial Knight-Commander Heavy Wilhelm von Tartarus
Mechanic Sarah
Multi-Role AI Trotzige Schwert vonPunane Tolm [WIP]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They've got waffle in 'em!
I'm gonna sing the doom song!
Yes. Wait a minute... No.
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

alex_xr

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2013, 09:54:49 am »
Hmm a drawing of nicole will link when on my computer :)

KuraiKarp

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2013, 06:14:43 pm »
GIR: What's a Draconian look like? :o I'm trying to visualize them, but I can't without any sort of reference. Do they look like western dragons on two legs, like Tyrannosaurus rex with longer arms, raptors without feathers, etc.?

How tall do they get? What was their diet? Were they predators, or prey, during their evolution? :3

Alex: Looking forward to it! :3

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
  • Awards Awarded for participating in the Shiny New Libra event of 2014! You've been with RotE for one year! Go you!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Gender: Nongendered. '...' will serve until the English language comes up with a proper genderless pronoun.
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:47:17 pm »
http://remnants.spiritsoftheearth.net/wiki/index.php?title=Draconians

Eva and Wilhelm both have their heights listed in their respective profiles. T.Z.'s height is dependent on what she's using as a body/where she's projecting her image. Eva's profile should have a bit more information as far as asthetics of the species, since I hadn't even considered making a species page at the time. They have 128 teeth (64 on each jaw), and their lips have limited movement (baring their teeth and that's about it), making any attempt to smile come out as more of a grimace.

Wilhelm is second stock, so no stripes for him.
Please do not steal the waffle-flavor waffles or the bacon soap. Also, you gonna make buscuits?

Mechanic Sarah
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
But I neeeeed tacos! I need them or I will explode! That happens to me sometimes...
best Tsundere ever

alex_xr

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »
Nicole
I know I suck at descriptions so let me know if you need anything else :D

KuraiKarp

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:39 pm »
GIR: That's an awesome start, but I need a few more things. I know people get offended when I draw a species wrong, and working without a visual makes it even more likely to go awry. Before I begin..

Let me first say that I'm excited that they're modeled after Western Dragons. That's fantastic! :D However, I need to figure out various anatomy issues/concerns, since no two western dragons are the same... and neither are species created based on their multitude of designs. Unlike alex_xr (whose segment I'll get to in a moment), I'm looking for exact answers. Flesh out the biology of the Draconians for me.   
  • What is the size ratio of the head/neck, neck/body, limbs/body, tail/body? Do they differ from human proportions? If so, how?
  • Digitigrade or plantigrade? Do their legs emerge from the side of their pelvis (reptilian) or the bottom (human)?
  • Can you give me an example of skull structure? Speaking artistically, would the base shape of the skull be a triangle, circle, or square? How far out should the muzzle extend? Do they have spines or ridges on their faces? Frills? Horns? Are they homodonts or heterodonts?
  • Are the toes/fingers webbed? Do they have thumbs or dewclaws? Is it customary to wear anything on or over their feet or hands?
------

Alex_xr: Gonna need a lot more than that. How long is her hair? What color are her eyes? How does she hold herself? Does she have any physical tics that set her apart? What about her complexion? Does she have acne scars, freckles, pock marks, or odd proportions? How large are her eyes, what do they look like on her face, what angle are they at? Does she follow the Golden Ratio?

What does she wear? What's her fashion sense, if she has any? What does she do when she's not trapped in her duties? The personality section of her profile doesn't give me enough to really bite into an image in my head, and neither does the appearance segment.
Tell me who she is, and I can draw her. Give me something vague, and I can't promise anything more than a cookie-cutter concept. D:

I'm not looking for exact answers. I'm looking for you to elaborate in whatever way feels comfortable for you, but descriptive enough for me to visualize just who Nicole really is. :3
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 11:07:31 pm by KuraiKarp »

alex_xr

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »
So what do you think now?

Physical DescriptionShe has shoulder length blond hair, she is of medium build. When not in her pilot outfit she normally wears a revealing top that matches her green eyes, and  the future equivalent of jeans.  She usually is sure of her self.

Personality
friendly  and collected, she hides her anxiety and seems very confident of her self.   She spends most of her off time messing with what ever tech she can get her hands on or trying to hang out with her fellow pilots.  If not these things she is probably worrying about whatever her current worry is.

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 08:46:00 am »
    What is the size ratio of the head/neck, neck/body, limbs/body, tail/body? Do they differ from human proportions? If so, how?

Umm... Neck/body is about 1.5x that of a human... arms/body is the same, legs are about the same length as the arms, head is about twice as long as the neck.

Tail/body is given in Eva's profile. Wilhelm's tail is slightly longer than average (by about a meter).

Digitigrade or plantigrade? Do their legs emerge from the side of their pelvis (reptilian) or the bottom (human)?

side.

Can you give me an example of skull structure? Speaking artistically, would the base shape of the skull be a triangle, circle, or square? How far out should the muzzle extend? Do they have spines or ridges on their faces? Frills? Horns? Are they homodonts or heterodonts?

I'd say closer to a triangle. Not sure about the muzzle (My specialty is not biology.), though the nostrils are at the front of the head. There wouldn't be any spines or ridges, or horns, and I'm going with homodont.

Are the toes/fingers webbed? Do they have thumbs or dewclaws? Is it customary to wear anything on or over their feet or hands?

No, yes (both (thumbs on hands, dewclaws on feet), though it should be noted that Draconians have six fingers on each hand (the first and sixth being thumbs, while 2-4 are the typical index, middle, 4th, and 5th, though the 5th is the same length as the index, and the 4th is the same length as the middle), and yes, though T.Z.'s armor would have holes for her claws. Eva's armor features tips that can slide back to bare the claws on her hands.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:10:08 am by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

KuraiKarp

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 05:14:40 pm »
Alex and GIR: Awesome! I can totally work with that. :D

Gir, I just need to know whether they stand on their feet or their toes (plantigrade vs. digitigrade). I'm going to a conference from tomorrow morning 'til Monday night, so I'll have plenty of time to draw. <3

Offline GIR

• RotE Cultist
  • 1695 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To GIR
  • The Cookie of Destiny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 06:40:22 pm »
Toes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 08:22:16 pm by GIR »

Mechanic Sarah
It's got chicken legs!
I had a coupon!
best Tsundere ever

Dreamwolf

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2013, 09:59:10 am »
if you a character i can build a profile around it...xp ive done it before, itss fun especially if there are scars and tribal tattoos becuase you have to work them into and find out yourself how they happened.

KuraiKarp

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 06:33:05 pm »
Dreamwolf: Not particularly interested in that. I've had people hit-and-run me for art, before. That's no good.

Gonna draw and write. The conference left me no time to draw at all, and the plane rides were short! That kinda sucked.

flybat3

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 02:10:00 pm »
Drew could use a drawing if your interested. I suck at drawing soooo.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal