Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]  (Read 8960 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:41 am »
Darvish's voice roused Ari out of sleep and he gave a little jolt. Shit. He hadn't meant to pass out like that.

With a grunt, he leaned back on his elbows and blinked blearily up at Darvish. "Oh. Sorry," he said, rubbing at his eyes, before focusing on the food Darvish held. "Thanks."

He wasn't hungry; his appetite was still soured by everything and he still felt like a bundle of nerves, but he forced himself to eat just the same, if slowly. Ari hardly even paid attention to what he was eating, just focused on getting it down and keeping it down.

"All done with everythin'?" he asked between bites, just to fill the silence.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2012, 10:09:16 pm »
"It's ok... you need rest, I understand." He said softly as he sat next to Ari, eating with him. "The food is pretty good today at least, it depends who cooks it... some days it is pretty awful..." He said at least seeming like he was lightening the mood.

"I... well I am done for now..." He said softly trailing off and looking down at his food. "I think I have to entertain tonight..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »
Ari paused, food halfway to his mouth. "Entertain?"

The way Darvish said it, it didn't sound like anything good.

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2012, 10:25:47 pm »
Darvish lowered his head a bit more and gave the other a small glace before hiding his face. "I'll have to bring you to the brig before he comes."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2012, 10:32:21 pm »
"Wait...what?" Ari lowered the food back to his plate. "Who's 'he'?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 10:43:06 pm »
"...Ari don't make me say it." Darvish didn't look up at the white haired boy. He just played with his food on his plate and let out a sigh. "...one of my higher ups is coming by to fuck me tonight Ari."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 11:43:32 pm »
Ari was silent for a long while, a sick feeling taking hold of his gut. He probably shouldn't have been surprised; these people had murdered people, imprisoned people, rounded them up like cattle. It wasn't such a stretch that they'd...do that to people, too.

The only thing surprising about it was that they'd assault one of their own crew.

What the fuck kind of place was this?

"Sorry," Ari said, averting his eyes and staring down at the bed, not sure what else to say, or if there was even a right thing to say. "Just...fuck that. Fuck these people."

Offline Nix

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 11:54:11 pm »
"...I'd rather not." Darvish said finally taking a bite of his food. "Besides... they do the fucking... I mean... I'm used to it by now. I'd... I'd rather it happen to me than to you..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2012, 12:01:49 am »
Ari looked at Darvish then. There was something kind of terrifying about seeing the guy that had kidnapped you, killed people, and promised to save you suddenly looking all broken. All abused.

"They do this shit to their own fuckin' crew? The fuck is this place?! I thought ya was pirates, not...not...some fucked up sex slave shit. Are ya a sex slave or somethin'? Am I? What the fuck is goin' on? I thought ya were one of them!"

Offline Nix

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2012, 12:15:25 am »
Darvish pulled himself together and looked at the younger male. "...I've never really been one of them Ari. They keep me around cause I obey... I do what I am told as long as I don't have to... you know, kill anyone. I don't even keep bullets in my gun Ari. I just want to survive. I am crew in name only... I told you didn't I? I was just like you... but I won't let them hurt you. I promised I'd protect you and that is what I'll do."

He was good at playing people, and Ari was buying it. Why wouldn't he?

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:29 pm »
That didn't really answer many of his questions, but Ari felt too sick to point it out--he didn't really want to know.

Ari set his plate aside on the bed. He was still hungry, since he hadn't eaten much, but he could no longer taste it and had lost all interest. Besides, if he ate anymore, he might lose it all with how he felt now.

"Well this place is sure a fuckin' delight."

Offline Nix

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2013, 06:07:11 pm »
"...you get used to it. You may hate me, and I may not be great company but at least you won't have to suffer this place alone like I did." Darvish took a small bite of his food. He hadn't eaten much either, it was part of his game. Besides... he could eat after he took Ari to the brig if he wanted.

He set his food aside and looked at his watch. "...if you're done eating we should head down to the brig now... I don't want you hear when he comes."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #52 on: April 28, 2013, 02:28:03 pm »
"Yeah. I'm done."

Rising to his feet, Ari looked anxiously toward the door and back, arms folded over his chest as though for protection. "Um. You're gonna come back for me, right?" he said, shifting uncomfortably. "You're not just gonna leave me there after...ya know..."

Offline Nix

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »
Darvish stood too. "You may have to stay there for the night... but I will come back for you first thing tomorrow." He said softly and seriously, like a promise as he took his gun out of its holster. "Turn around and put your hands behind your back... we have to make it look like your my prisoner."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2013, 09:52:15 pm »
Ari eyed the gun nervously, and then looked back up at Darvish. He didn't like this. Didn't really trust that he'd come back for him, or that nothing bad would happen while he was in the brig. But what choice did he have? And what purpose would Darvish have for bringing him up here, feeding him, and reassuring him if he just planned on tossing him away? Seemed like an awful lot of effort for nothing.

He let out a sigh and turned his back to Darvish, hands behind his back. "Alright. If ya say so..."

Offline Nix

« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2013, 10:11:17 pm »
Darvish held the boy's hands by the wrists. "Just stay quiet and keep your head down ok?" He said softly as he lead the other out into the hall and towards the brig. Of course there were several reasons he couldn't bring his pretty new toy to the main part of the brig. It was times like these he was so appreciative of the special holding cell just outside the brig proper. It was a small, solitary, dark room that was mostly sound proof with only a small sliding metal opening at the top. The rest of the brig was made up of normal barred cells, like a small prison, but they usually held the salable catch, Which right now contained of the pretty boy's friends and neighbors.

He unbolted the dark solitary cell and lightly nudged Ari inside. "You'll be safest in here, just try to get some rest." He said trying to sound reassuring.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2013, 02:09:55 pm »
"What? In here?" Ari said, voice hushed as he twisted around to stare at Darvish with wide eyes. Even though Darvish had pushed him inside, he stuck a foot out passed the door frame so the man couldn't shut the door.

He glanced back into the dark room, and then at Darvish, and shook his head. "Uh, don'tcha got somewhere else?" Anywhere else? Ari wasn't generally claustrophobic or afraid of the dark or anything, but the idea of being stuffed in that little metal box and left there for gods knew how long...just the thought turned the small meal he'd eaten sour.

Offline Nix

« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2013, 02:27:22 pm »
"Ari... If I put you somewhere else... you wont be... safe. Do you understand?" He said sounding sympathetic. "I will be back for you I swear. Please just try and rest." He reached out to gently ruffle the boy's hair. "Please."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 12:13:47 pm »
"I...okay." Ari glanced back at the room and shuddered, then locked eyes with Darvish. "Okay, just...just don't leave me here, alright? Promise you'll come back?"

He didn't like how small and panicked his voice sounded as he stepped backwards and into the black room. "And, uh, can ya leave the little window thing open?" Gods, he sounded pathetic. But he didn't want to be alone on this ship. He didn't want to be alone with his thoughts, when his only thoughts were his awful memories--and his awful reality.

Offline Nix

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 12:04:48 am »
"...yeah sure I can Ari. I'll be back as soon as I can. I promise." With that Darvish closed the door and the heavy metal sound of it locking echoed in the small room. The light coming in through the little window thing was faint but at least it shed a little light on things. Darvish walked away with out another word to his little toy, had to leave the dear wanting more of course~!

What neither of them had realized when the door closed though, was that the room was not empty. Nikephoros was huddled in the darkest and furthest corner from the room, hugging his small and slender frame as he watched the other boy, his eyes were more adjusted to the dark at this point. His own long pink hair seemed so bright to his eyes he didn't know how the others didn't see him. Now that they were alone he wasn't even sure if he should say anything to the other boy. Maybe it would be best not to draw attention to himself... he wasn't being spoken to. He should stay quiet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal