Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]  (Read 8958 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Re: Just another coin in the machine. [Nix!]
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2012, 09:43:02 pm »
Ari took a seat on the edge of the bed only because he felt too shaky to remain upright. Still, he perched there uncomfortably as though ready to spring away at a moment's notice, too jittery to relax, hands gripping the edge in a white-knuckled grip. He could still see their faces, eyes glassy and distant...

He swallowed hard and did his best to absorb Darvish's words. He was a prisoner, too. His stomach clenched. Kill or be killed, huh?

Sorry wasn't going to help anything, though. Those people were dead and he and his friends were here. Everything else felt meaningless. But why was he telling him this? Unless he could help?

"What's gonna happen to them?" He looked at Darvish. "Why aren't I with them?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2012, 09:58:57 pm »
"They are going to sell the others Ari..." Darvish said softly. "I could only save one of you... Ari, you can... you can prove your worth and join the crew... if you don't you will be sold into slavery like the others... or killed. I don't want to see that happen to you."

He reached out to lightly touch the boy's knee. "I'll help you Ari."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 10:10:26 pm »
His stomach churned. Slaves. He thought of Bridget, so pretty and spunky, winding up sold away, never to see her again, along with all the others...

He jumped a little at the contact, the touch bringing him back to reality, and he took a deep breath. Those were his choices. Die, be a slave, or work the system. They weren't good options, but fuck, it wasn't hard to figure out which one he was gravitating toward.

"Ya will?" he said, and added, "Why me?"

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Offline Nix

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2012, 10:28:12 pm »
"...I thought about choosing the girl... Bridget, but you seemed to need my help more... you... reminded me of myself." He pulled his hand off the boy's knee and put it around his shoulders instead.

"I promise to take car of you Ari, one day we will get out of here. Okay?" Darvish gently pet that pretty white hair and hugged Ari to his side.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2012, 10:39:32 pm »
Ari couldn't help it. All the stress of the day caught up to him in that moment and he couldn't help but lean into the Darvish, not realizing until then that he needed the security that gesture provided. It was something familiar and safe and concrete in an upside-down world--and this was all he had.

He leaned his head against his shoulder and had to take several deep breaths to try to calm down. Even with this new goal and sliver of hope, he felt like he was going out of his mind and so much of this still felt unreal and disconnected. "Yeah," he said. "Okay. Thanks."

He glanced up at Darvish. "The others...there's really nothin' we can do?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2012, 11:00:12 pm »
Darvish kissed Ari's temple, the same one his gun had pressed against earlier, and rubbed the boy's back. "We can just hope that were ever they end up... its not too bad, anything else will just result in their and our deaths..."

Ari was so lovely, and already so trusting~ how wonderful. Just knowing he had the boy right where he wanted him was exciting. "At least we will have each other Ari."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2012, 12:33:47 pm »
Ari's stomach clenched again and he felt on the verge of being sick. Too much was happening too fast, too much information coming at him as he struggled with the reality that his friends really were going to be sold off and he was really here and none of them were going home. He grimaced and got to his feet, legs still rubbery. Darvish's words were only a small consolation; this was a man that had helped kill people he knew, round up his friends, kidnap them all.

And he wanted to help him.

He couldn't do this right now.

"I don't wanna think about it," he said, and rubbed his face. "Do ya got a bathroom?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2012, 03:07:35 pm »
Aww poor thing looked like he was turning green. Oh no. "Not in here I don't." Darvish stood up and put an arm around Ari's shoulder. "We have to go across the hall, you have to do exactly as I say without question. Especially if there are pirates around. Ok Ari?" He guided the boy back to the door and unlocked it.

Outside there were other pirates coming and going, Darvish grabbed Ari by the arm and dragged the white haired boy down the hall a bit to a large dorm style bathroom with showers on one side and urinals and toilets on the other, the sinks were straight ahead, with a large mirror above the sinks. Darvish let go of Ari's arm once inside and checked to see if anyone was in there. Coast was clear. Darvish locked the door. "Whatever you need to do Ari..."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2012, 03:23:50 pm »
Ari nodded in acknowledgment and let himself be lead along, outside the room and to the bathroom across the way. He wouldn't have disobeyed even if he had the choice; he didn't know where anything was, and where the hell would he go, anyway? They were in space.

Which was yet another thing he had to wrap his head around. Gods, he was doing so much crazy mental gymnastics right now, he didn't even know where to start.

Inside the bathroom, he made a beeline for the sinks, leaned over them, and splashed cold water over his face. He took deep breaths, willed himself to calm down, willed his meal to stay in his belly, and willed the cold water to wake him up. Wake up, wake up, wake up...

He didn't realize that he was whispering that out loud.

Offline Nix

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2012, 08:57:52 pm »
He looked like a boy whose world was crashing down around him, perhaps because that was exactly what was happening. It was hard for Darvish to conceal his delight, but he managed to do so very well. The older male walked behind Ari to hear those whispers of 'wake up', but this was no dream; it was a living nightmare.

"Ari... let me help take your mind off things." Darvish's tone was smooth, gentle and sweet like honey as he hugged the white haired boy from behind and pressed his lips to the younger male's neck. "Please... if you let this overwhelm you, you'll never survive."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2012, 11:45:19 pm »
Ari was still splashing water over his face when Darvish hugged him from behind, bringing him crashing back to reality. He was still here, nothing had changed. This was real, and--and Darvish was kissing him?

He stiffened in surprise and leaned away from the touch. Sure Darvish had kissed him before, on the temple, but that had felt comforting, brotherly almost; this felt a little too familiar, too invasive. "Uh..." He shifted uncomfortably, not quite sure how to respond. "Alright, I think I'm done."

Offline Nix

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2012, 12:00:08 am »
He felt Ari stiffen and shift uncomfortably. There was plenty of time to take it slow, but Darvish really didn't want to... still the sweet act had a time and place, and unfortunately to do this right it was here and now. Darvish backed off to make Ari more comfortable. "...I'm sorry... I'm used to... never mind."

Darvish turned away, acting like it was too hard to talk about, clamming up. "I wasn't... I was just trying to make you feel better." The act was important here. Soon Ari would be his, eating out of the palm of his hand.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2012, 12:12:00 am »
Ari turned around to face Darvish, back pressed against the sink, and grabbed some paper towels to wipe his face dry. Okay...so maybe the guy was kind of socially awkward or something. He guessed being kidnapped and forced to fucking kill people would do that to a person.

"I think I just need some space right now," he said. "No offense. I...I get what you're sayin', but I kinda feel like shit right now."

Offline Nix

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2012, 10:13:36 pm »
"...I understand." Darvish said softly. "...we will be sharing a room for now, but I will try and give you your space and let you adjust... I know how hard this all is."

Fuck did he wanted to just slam Ari against the shower wall and rip off his clothes. Space? Darvish had no desire to give Ari space, but he'd do it to make the fun later even more enjoyable. "If you are ready let's head back to the room."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2012, 11:42:20 pm »
Ari took a deep breath. Figured he'd get no privacy anywhere here.

"Yeah. Gimme a second."

He made quick use of the urinals and washed his hands before he returned back to Darvish, hands in his pockets and head down. "Ready." As ready as he'd ever be. At least he no longer felt in danger of puking, still nauseous but not unbearably so. Now he just felt exhausted.

Offline Nix

« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2012, 09:38:15 pm »
Once Ari was ready to go back to the room Darvish pulled out his gun, unlocked the door and grabbed Ari's arm. He whispered 'I'm sorry' once more before dragging the boy out into the hall. A few crew members snickered as they walked by, and then one, that pretty blond cook, glared at Darvish as they walked past each other. Ykan looked down at the white haired boy but didn't say anything. If that meddling bitch tried to say anything Darvish would bash that pretty face in.

Darvish dragged Ari back into his room and then let go of the boy. "I'll get us some food in a bit. Just try to relax ok?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:34 pm »
Try to relax. Ahaha. Right.

He would be collapsing from exhaustion and mental fatigue soon, though, but that wasn't the same as relaxing.

Still he nodded at Darvish's words and headed over to the bed, gave the room a once-over to find that there wasn't a second bed, and let out a low sigh. At this point, he really just wanted to be left alone. What Darvish was doing...he didn't know how he felt about it yet. He appreciated that he'd saved him, but resented him for putting him in this position to begin with, for lying to him, for killing his neighbors and kidnapping his friends. Part of him wanted to be grateful for being saved, but the other knew he wouldn't have needed to be saved if not for him.

And part of him resented being singled out--felt guilty, irrationally, for being chosen when others hadn't, when everyone else was being sold off.

Why him?

It was both a relief and utterly terrifying.

But he couldn't properly process it all with Darvish right there. He couldn't process much of anything. He rubbed his face with a hand. "Alright. Sounds good," he said, and added, "Uh...where do I sleep?" He probably couldn't right now, but he could at least pretend, and hopefully get some time to himself that way.

Offline Nix

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 08:46:29 pm »
"...there's only the one bed." Darvish said after a moment. "You can sleep in it though, I will figure something out..." He stood by the door. "...I have some things I have to do Ari, and then I'll be back with some food, ok?"

He wanted to kiss the boy good bye, confuse him more, but Ari wasn't ready for that yet, it wouldn't work out right. "I have to lock you in, I'm sorry... but I'll be back soon, try and rest at least." And with that the older man left the room, the lock turning so that Ari was left alone in Darvish's room.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »
As soon as Darvish was gone, as soon as he heard the lock click into place, Ari let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding, though the tension in his shoulders didn't ease up. Finally he was alone. Finally, he could hear himself think and, hopefully, process some of what the hell was going on.

First, he needed to deal with the panic. That had never really gone away; it had just gone into remission. But as it sank in that he was locked in, it returned, and now that he was alone with his thoughts, he was also alone with the horror of what had happened.

He needed to stay calm. Panicking wouldn't do anything. Torturing himself would do nothing.

What he really wanted to do was crumple onto the bed and cry--and he hadn't cried in years, had never had a reason to--but the idea was embarrassing, even alone. And he was far too wound up to sleep, even if he was exhausted. He needed to keep his wits about him. Needed to think. He closed his eyes and pressed his palms to his eyelids, took several deep breaths and held them, and tried to think. Think. Think. Think.

First things first--he should find out more about his captor. Maybe he could find something useful. Anything that could help him if ever he got the chance to run and needed to identify him--or, though it was unlikely, anything that could help him contact the outside.

Even though Darvish was friendly, even though he was on his side and had helped him, even though he had a believable and sympathetic story, he was still a pirate and a killer and holding him hostage and it felt dangerous to snoop, but he did it anyway, ears straining for any signs that he'd returned. The instant he heard footsteps, he planned on throwing himself onto the bed and feigning sleep. Working as fast as he could, he walked a circuit of the room and rummaged quickly through what he found--mostly books and booze, nothing of use there. He riffled through his closet and felt inside the pockets of his pants. Nothing. Of course. All he was really getting was that he liked to read and drink.

A chilling thought hit him: maybe the room was so empty because he'd planned all this.

Shuddering, Ari moved to the bed and opened the drawer of the bedside table--and promptly slammed it shut.

It was full of lube and condoms and other unmentionables. Uh. Awkward. Not to mention useless. The guy got a lot of tail. Kudos to him.

With a sigh, Ari flopped backwards onto the bed with an exasperated laugh, tired and stressed to the point of deliria. Fuck. This was so fucking ridiculous.

Offline Nix

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 11:09:21 pm »
Darvish had to report to the captain briefly and explain that he had already taken his 'cut' for this job and that he was relinquishing his last toy to the next sale. The last one was pretty but he was too compliant... too dead inside already. Still, he paid one last visit to the pink haired boy who he had moved to the brig just before going down to Greenhaven.

The prettly pink little thing was a good fuck though, especially since the whole Ari thing seemed like it was going to take a while to do right. After getting his rocks off he showered and then headed to the mess hall for some food. He joked with the rest of the crew, some of which were asking about his pretty new acquisition. The usual stuff. If they could have a go at the white haired boy, how long it was going to take till Darvish had the boy wrapped around his finger, if he was going to fuck him tonight... and the whole time Darvish could feel the blond cook's magenta eyes boring holes into him.

Well he didn't give a fuck what Ykan thought, it wasn't like they were even mildly friendly with each other. He took some food for the two of them and headed back to his room, all in all he had been gone about an hour. He unlocked the door and saw Ari slumbering on the bed. "Hey... I brought food." He said softly closing the door behind him and locking it again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal