Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Living the Dream [Nix!][M]  (Read 15904 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Living the Dream [Nix!][M]
« Reply #120 on: June 27, 2013, 02:09:24 pm »
Isaac ended up swallowing down as many of the over-the-counter painkillers as was safe.  As the hours dragged on, exhaustion finally caught up with him and he lay back down on the bed and dozed, still fully dressed.  It wasn't exactly a deep sleep, and footsteps outside the door brought him awake instantly.

He gave a short, incredulous laugh at the question.  "Sure."

Offline Nix

« Reply #121 on: June 27, 2013, 04:19:29 pm »
That laugh didn't tickle Darvish the right way, but he let it slide as he entered the room. His kitten looked terrible today but it was to be expected and the bruising on his lip was beautiful. "I brought you fresh clothing and breakfast." He said setting the clothes down on the bed for the doctor.

It was just a simple white shirt and black pants, nothing outrageous today. "Would you like to eat in here or in the med bay? I would have collected you for breakfast but I didn't think you would enjoy dining with my men this morning."

Offline Tally

« Reply #122 on: June 27, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »
That's right.  Gods above, there's still the rest of the crew.  They'd know what happened, every one of them.  He had no doubt of that.  And some day he would have to face them all.  How could he possibly be expected to be a doctor to these people?

He cast a wistful look at the open door.  As much as he wanted out of that room, it would have to wait.  "I don't want food in the med bay.  It's not sanitary."

Offline Nix

« Reply #123 on: June 27, 2013, 07:39:35 pm »
"How professional." Darvish grinned as he set the plate down on end table before sitting on the edge of the bed. "You don't look like you slept very well kitten."

Offline Tally

« Reply #124 on: June 27, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »
"Not very."

His eyes followed the plate of food.  The sight of it, even the thought of eating, made his stomach turn, so he cast a look back through the door again.  "When do I start work?"

Offline Nix

« Reply #125 on: June 27, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »
"Perhaps tomorrow, there is no one in dire need of medical attention but if you are that eager I am sure I can find other work you'd be suited for~" Darvish drawled with a grin on his face. "You should eat kitten. Your food is getting cold."

Offline Tally

« Reply #126 on: June 27, 2013, 09:21:24 pm »
Isaac's mouth went dry.  "No but...I still need to see the medical records you have for the crew—if there are any.  And if not I need to start getting everyone's data in order, start creating a files for every crew member.  Allergies, chronic conditions, medical history, things like that.  I need to take an inventory, talk to your suppliers—do you have suppliers?  And I need to familiarize myself with everything."

He was rambling and knew it, but couldn't seem to stop.  Talking about work was easier than talking about anything else, and it actually distracted him well.

Offline Nix

« Reply #127 on: June 27, 2013, 09:37:50 pm »
Darvish laughed practically in the blonde's face. "This is a pirate ship Doc. If any of my crew has allergies or chronic conditions that are impediments then please do inform me so I can put them out of their misery." He said standing and moving closer to the other.

"There are no records on this ship. That is how I like it. I don't have 'suppliers' I raid ships. If there is something you need I will get it for you... if I feel it is necessary. Do you understand Isaac?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #128 on: June 27, 2013, 09:46:01 pm »
Isaac backed up to match Darvish's advance.  It was less a conscious thought and more a reflex.  He shook his head.

"That's...unorthodox.  I'll do the best I can."  How could any doctor function here without records?  How was he to keep track of who responded to which medications?  Who was in danger for heart disease?  Darvish himself wasn't a young man, either.  He had to be what—late thirties?  Forties even?  At the age when things like colon and prostate cancer became real threats.

But...Darvish wouldn't care to hear any of that.  He only wanted to hear one thing.

"Yes."

Offline Nix

« Reply #129 on: June 27, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »
"Good, pet. Good." He said closing the gap once more to press a soft sweet kiss to the bruise on Isaac's lips. "Will you please eat now?" He said as if he were concerned, though underneath that was a command. He moved back giving the other space once more.

"Besides kitten, your job will be mostly patching up wounds. I hope that is ok with you."

Offline Tally

« Reply #130 on: June 27, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »
Isaac's mouth tightened into a grimace as Darvish kissed him, but it was over quickly.  He shouldn't get too wrapped up in relief though.  There was no way to deny to himself what Darvish wanted from him, what he would be called upon to do soon, what he might have to do every day that he was here until Darvish tired of him.

"I'll just...could I just save it?  I don't think I can eat right now."  The nausea had abated, but he still had no appetite to choke down food.

Offline Nix

« Reply #131 on: June 27, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
Darvish sighed exaggeratedly but at least he didn't snap at the other. "I suppose, but you really should eat something." He shook his head and exited the room, heading into the main part of the med bay instead. He looked around idly, looking at some of the equipment they had brought in from Isaac's previous ship.

"You are going to be restricted to these quarters for today. So the med bay, and your bedroom and bathroom. Mostly for your own good." He called to Isaac.

Offline Tally

« Reply #132 on: October 06, 2013, 09:26:55 pm »
Thank the gods above.  He wouldn't have to choke down that food, after all.

And the surprises kept coming.  Darvish left the room but didn't lock him in.  Looked like he might actually get access to the med bay today.

He nodded.  "I'll put everything in order.  You really don't want any preventative or pre-diagnostic efforts for the crew?  Not even for yourself?"

Never in his short career or his time at med school had he practiced or even imagined strictly reactive care.  It ran counter to everything he'd been taught about medicine.

Offline Nix

« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2013, 10:12:50 pm »
"Are you worried about my health now kitten?"  Darvish chuckled. "Or are you looking for my weaknesses? I assure you I don't have any of those pet." He looked at Isaac trying to figure out why the doctor cared about that sort of shit for a bunch of pirates and slave traders, let alone Darvish himself.

"The only preventative medicine I need is your sweet loving Doc."

Offline Tally

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2013, 11:10:43 pm »
Isaac started with the cabinets closest to the door and went down the line, opening each and taking a visual appraisal of the contents.

"But this is...this is reactive medicine.  It's practically medieval!  What happened to your last doctor, did they go crazy trying to treat people with these stone age methods?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal