Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Best project ever!  (Read 1407 times)

Anonymous

Best project ever!
« on: July 14, 2011, 11:51:01 am »
Eli swung his feet under the table, doodling on his datapad, the program he had on there wasn't very good, but he wasn't doing anything fancy. He was looking forward to working with his partner on the project, it was pretty simple and right up his alley. Make a report to the class, along with a visual presentation.

The report would be a little tricky, Eli wasn't really the best student, but it was just on some science stuff, shouldn't be too hard, he was getting...okay grades in the class. But visuals he was awesome at!

Plus, he didn't know the person he was working with that well. He was a lower stage, with cat ears. And named Romeo. That was about all Eli knew and meeting new friends was totally exciting!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

shinigamikitsune

Re: Best project ever!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 02:36:38 pm »
Romeo was running a little late, but it really couldn't be helped since he really needed to shower after finishing the extra training that his mentor has assigned him. While he had been in fair enough shape before he came here, he was gaining some pretty nice muscle tone now.

But it was time to stop thinking about physical training, and switch his mind back to education. While Romeo had never really had a strong relationship with his father, and most of the time did everything he could in order to upset him, the only thing that he didn't do was allow his grades to slip. Truth be told, Romeo loved learning things, and probably could have been the valedictorian of the private school he'd been attending before he'd been made a candidate.

With his arms full of reference materials, he dashed through halls to where he was suppose to meet Eli.

"Sorry I'm late!" he exclaimed.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 02:40:07 pm »
"Oh, no worries. I wasn't waitin' long." Eli smiled at the dude. He set down his stylus and focused on the stuff in Romeo's hands, "Whoa! You went all out, huh? Man! Lucky me. I always get distracted, ya know?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 02:43:50 pm »
He chuckled as he set the books down. "What can I say, I love learning... except for math. It's not that I'm bad at it... just that I find it utterly boring." Everything was set in neat little piles, and sorted out before he sat down as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 03:57:49 pm »
"Learning is cool, but I'm bad at all of it." Eli laughed, reaching over and flipping through a book, "Keziah's always on me about my grades. I just get distracted, ya know? So, okay, we gotta do this as a visual right? So like, let's figure out what information we wanna talk about, then figure out how to best present that."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 04:21:10 pm »
"Distractions aren't so bad, as long as you let all your time become a distraction," he said with a chuckle.

Romeo nodded with a smile, and opened his note book. "I wrote down some ideas I had, about how we could organize it, and the information that we could use." He pulled out the paper with his notes and handed it to Eli. They were well organized, and even had referenced the books in which they could find the information and on what pages.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 09:45:54 pm »
"Sweet!" Eli didn't really get the proverb Romeo gave, but that was okay, he was pretty sure he got the intent of it, "So, okay, let's get this split into piles..."

Going to work, Eli was in his element. All that pesky research was all done, now it just came down to making it look good. After some back and forth with Romeo, he had a rough outline done up of what he was going to do, just had to actually set up the pictures on the poster board.

"Okay, so, you like this then?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 11:16:52 pm »
Romeo took a look over what they had done, then nodded. "Yeah, this looks great. Once it's all done, it's going to look even better," he said with a smile.

It was really nice to work with somebody that wanted to do the work as well, and not just goof off and allow Romeo to do the work all himself. Eli was not only great to work with, but he seemed like he'd be fun to hang around. "So what are you up to after this?"

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:24:27 pm »
"Uh, well, probably should work on my science homework, but I'll probably keep putting it off." Eli gave a short laugh, rubbing the back of his head, "I'm not much of a student, ya know? Drives Keziah up the wall. What about you?"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 09:06:14 pm »
"You know, if you ever want some help on that stuff, I'm available to help... that is, if you wouldn't mind somebody a stage lower helping you..." he murmured. His ears were lowered forward slightly and towards the sides, and his tail had curled around his own leg. Sometimes he felt more then a little shy in this place.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2011, 02:23:34 pm »
"What? Really? That would be awesome!" Eli had no problems with him being a lower stage. Who cared as long as he knew the information. "I can use all the help I can get. I should warn ya though, I'm a bad student."

He laughed, rubbing the back of his neck, "I am way too easily distracted by stuff. Unless there is art involved."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2011, 03:54:07 pm »
Romeo chuckled softly, "That's alright. Not everybody's meant to be a good student, you just do what you can," he said with a smile.

"So I take it that you really like art... would that just be making it, or also learning about it as well... like the history about it?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 11:07:15 pm »
"Yeah, that stuff can be cool. Though I tend to stumble on some crazy thing some artist tried out and then I want to go try it and I forget all about learning more about the artist." Eli laughed, stretching out across the table, "I really am an awful student."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2011, 11:28:18 pm »
"At least to attempt to do your work before you become distracted," Romeo said with a soft laugh. "There are some people who don't even get that far. At least you're not a procrastinator as well... then you really would be screwed."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 12:42:14 pm »
"Totally man. I've been trying, but yeah." Eli laughed again and shrugged, "At least I'm not failing. Man, and Pilots are supposed to have tons of work. I'm gonna be screwed anyway."

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2011, 05:00:52 pm »
"I'm sure you'll do fine," he said with a smile and a soft chuckle. "All you gotta do is just worry about what needs to be done today, and get that done. There's no point in making yourself worried about thinking too far ahead into the future."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 05:23:56 pm »
"Yeah. Gotta focus on the here and now and the moment." It was all things Eli knew, but kept having problems making happen. There were just too many other things he wanted to go do. People to see, art to make, moments to be had.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 05:56:17 pm »
"Of course it doesn't hurt by making some plans for the future, so that you have something to look forward to," he said with a smile. "What's the thing that you are most looking forward to right now?"

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 02:50:25 am »
"Dating Keziah. She wont even think about dating me until I'm a Pilot." That was about as far ahead as Eli really thought. He tried to live mostly in the moment. He paused, then brightened, thinking of something else, "Oh! I wanna get to see the wastelands!"

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 01:56:13 am »
"Those are some good goals," he said with a smile. "Though I was thinking more towards within the next month or two."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal