Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Every step you take, every move you make  (Read 927 times)

Anonymous

Every step you take, every move you make
« on: July 04, 2011, 04:53:53 pm »
Chewing on his lip, Eli studied the picture. It was still sketchy, a charcoal drawing he was working on of some wasteland frontier. It was half made up, but there were several photography books spread around him, open to shoots of the wasteland.

Normally, he liked to use color when he did the wasteland, but he wanted to try the greyscale of charcoal to challenge himself. It was alright, so far, but there was a little something missing. The picture was turning a little darker than Eli normally did and he was fighting it.

Thoughts of Shiloh kept swirling through his brain. He took a few deep, cleansing breathes, trying to purge the negative energy. He needed to stop resisting the turn in his art, embrace that dark feeling and work with it. Create something beautiful from something awful.

Reaching up, he started sketching again, absorbed on his piece.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Every step you take, every move you make
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 06:16:16 pm »
Felicity poked her head out from around a corner. She smiled a little when she noticed Eli absorbed in his work. They had only seen each other one before but he was nice so she was interested. Of course interested in the way a normal person wouldn't really be interested. Her interested was following the person to see if there was anything..special about them. Like if they scared easily or anything or of course if they were horribly unfortunate...like Oliver.

She really liked Oliver.

She quickly shook the thought from her head. Her focus wasn't Oliver right now. It was Eli. He didn't seem unfortunate like Oliver, he was much too optimistic it seemed for that. Then again she hadn't been following him long. She was willing to say she could be wrong which was why she was following him. She tilted her head to the side for a moment as she watched him work. It seemed like he was having problems but she wasn't sure. What did an artist look like when they were having problems? Frustrated? Angry? She'd figure out soon enough.

Once she figured he wasn't going to do anything else, she crossed her arms behind her back and casually strolled up behind him. He was so engrossed in his work too. "Hi Eli~!" she said, smiling happily. "What are you up to?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2011, 04:58:00 pm »
When the voice suddenly popped up near him, Eli jumped, dropping his charcoal. He spun to stare at the girl that had suddenly appeared. He gave a shaky grin, trying to control his pulse, "Hey! Uh..Felicity, yeah? What's up? What brings you over here?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2011, 05:19:06 pm »
Despite obviously scaring him, Felicity gave him a smile. She just acted as if she hadn't scared him out of his wits for a few moments. She wondered if he'd scare that easily if she popped up like that every time. That would be interesting. It was also amusing how he just stared at her for a moment, trying to regain his composure. Too bad he didn't give any visual things to show that she had scared him, like..shaking or something. Oh well.

She gave a little nod when he got her name right. "Yep~ That's right. Me? Nothing much. I'm just wandering around. Are you working on art stuff again?" she questioned even though she already knew the answer. She cast a glance to his piece and then looked back to him, covering her mouth slightly with one hand. "Oh no. Did I scare you while you were working? I'm sorry. I hope I didn't make you mess up."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 05:32:13 pm »
Eli glanced over at the page where there was now a dark, jagged line across it. That would be a bitch to get out, but accidents happened. He shrugged, smiling again as he started carefully trying to lesson the damage with the eraser he kept in his other hand, "It's okay, no harm done, ya know? Startled me when ya come out of no where."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:01 pm »
Felicity watched quietly for a moment when he started to erase the black line. He took everything so well it seemed. That was no fun. It made it harder to be entertained when doing something. Though she didn't expect everyone to be like Oliver. Plus she hadn't been following after Eli long. She was sure she'd find something eventually. "Well I came from around the corner so not exactly out of no where." she joked.

"So what are you drawing?"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 09:40:12 pm »
"The wasteland." Eli shifted a little so she could see, "I really like it and I'm looking forward when I can go myself." He glanced back at the picture, "Sorry it's so dark. I don't normally do work like this, but ya know, gotta follow the vibe and all."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 09:58:34 pm »
"The wasteland? But besides...well nothing there..what do you draw?" Felicity ask, looking at the drawing for a moment. There wasn't anything alive there really to draw so it would just be..well pretty much a flat line...besides dead plants and rocks and the like. "Sorry? You don't have to apologize to me. Its your work so you should do what you like to do." she stated, smiling a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
"What? No way!" Eli twisted to stare at her, "You've never seen it, have you? I mean, like pictures and stuff." He pointed to the books scattered around them, most of the pictures twisted and dreary, but Eli saw the beauty of it.

"There is so much beauty and life there. The kind we have never seen before man. It's amazing!"

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 10:11:01 am »
"I haven't really looked into it extensively so I haven't seen too much." Felicity said after she thought about it. She had done a little looking out of curiosity but it hadn't been something that had kept her interest very long. She looked at the pictures he pointed to and raised an eyebrow. She really still didn't see how it was so beautiful. The spots that weren't barren were just twisted remains of dying plants that had once been more lush.

"I thought the life there was mutants and the like? That's more dangerous than beautiful then, isn't it?"

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2011, 09:55:50 pm »
"Just because something is dangerous, doesn't make it any less beautiful." Eli picked up one of the books and flipped through it, stopping once he found a close up of a flower that grew out in the wastes. It was a vivid, stunning neon green and a vibrant blue that darkened into purple as it went toward the base. There were some small spines on the edges, an almost translucent neon pink color.

It was carnivorous and ate small animals and insects, but still, it was beautiful.

"See, like, that man. Totally beautiful. There are some crazy things there, but they are just new, not ugly."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2011, 09:28:23 am »
"Hm.." Felicity thought about it for a moment. If it was dangerous then typically you wouldn't want to go near it...if it was plants and the like. She didn't quite understand how it worked really. Dangerous was still pretty? It was exciting sure..but pretty?

When Eli showed her the book she tilted her head a little and stared at the picture.

"Hm I suppose you're right then. But that's just the flower. There would need to be more of them to make it look better, right?"

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2011, 12:22:10 am »
"Only kind of." Eli frowned, not really sure how to explain this to her. He had never had such a hard time showing the beauty to someone. Often, people didn't understand when he explained it, but generally after showing them the art, they got it.

"I guess I'm not doing a good job with this piece. It's pretty dark. I've got some other stuff, but I guess it's not for everyone."

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2011, 07:50:32 am »
Awww he was frowning. He did look cute when he wasn't as happy as well. Felicity shook her head and smiled a bit. "No no. You're doing a good job. Its probably because I'm not the artsy type so I don't understand as well."

She look towards the picture before looking to Eli again. "And it looks just fine. But I haven't seen much of your other art. You should show me sometime."

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 03:34:48 pm »
"Well, art should be for everyone, ya know? Not just for artists." Eli studied his picture more, wanting to figure out a way to bring in what he knew was in the wastelands. It was hard, with how dark he was feeling, he wasn't used to creating art like this.

"I would love to show you more. I got a lot of art to show. What kind do you like best?"

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 12:08:11 pm »
"Well that's true but you know not everyone is going to like every piece of art that is made. So some art is for some people and then the other art is for the other people, right?" Felicity asked, putting an index finger to her cheek as she thought about it.

"Oh that sounds wonderful!" she said excitedly. "I've seen your sketches the last time but I'd like to see more of your finished stuff~ As for what I like...hm...usually things with bright colors."

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 04:42:45 pm »
"Yeah, I know what ya mean. But I haven't really been in the mood for bright colors recently." Eli gave a small shrug and started to pack up the piece he had been working on. Embracing his darker emotions didn't always mean he was comfortable facing them.

"I don't have a ton here, but I can try and dig some up. No storage space here, so it tends to end up with Keziah or my dad. Sometimes I can ship stuff back to my mom."

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 08:26:15 pm »
"That's perfectly okay. Do what you're comfortable with at the time. You wouldn't have as much fun if you did something just to make someone else happy."

Felicity tapped her cheek with her index finger. "Yea..there isn't much space at all here. Take your time though. I'm patient so I don't mind waiting. It just makes it more exciting~"

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 10:59:58 pm »
"You are totally right. I'm just listening to what the energy is telling me. I just don't always like being confronted with the results. But enough of that. That's way to dark for now. What have you been up too?"

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 12:13:48 pm »
"Exactly! Well you have to take what you get until it gets better."

Felicity scratches at her cheek a little. "Well..not too much unfortunately. I'm so jealous of you because I have nothing super exciting going on like you do." She poked out her bottom lip in a pout. "Just typical candidate stuff." And stalking..there was plenty of that..stalking him..and Oliver...oh but he didn't need to know that.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal