Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Walker-In-The-Light (OPEN)  (Read 998 times)

Anonymous

Walker-In-The-Light (OPEN)
« on: June 23, 2011, 06:54:20 am »
Don't lose track of time.

Night in the Midhaven was like day in the Midhaven: dark. The sky, the lights of lower Haviah above, seemed long out of sync with the sun that never touched them. Sometimes the light would be particularly bright, but largely it went unnoticed. People provided their own darkness when brightness intrudes. Everything in the Midhaven was nocturnal.

It's annoying, thought Llewellyn as he walked, his suitcase levitating slightly behind him. The sound of the wheels clacking on the ground wasn't helping the Pilot's mood, on top of the inscrutable sky and the fact that he'd already been out far too long without finding any likely targets. He was supposed to kill those who wouldn't be missed, and those who threatened the Aedolian government, but he couldn't help longing for his home on the top of the city, and all its careless, material-obsessed, well-cared-for inhabitants.

Plus, the upper-castes didn't have all the intriguing diseases he kept having to make the Citadel's healers forget they'd cured him of.

Azrael was just as annoyed with Llyn as the hunter was with the Midhaven. Naturally, she was bored, bad as she was at making friends with the other dragons, and had decided to waste her time following Llyn as he sought out dinner. They're all sick, or malnourished, or riddled with drugs. Just fucking pick one.

It's like I've only left the undelicious ones, Llyn thought back. Remind me to redirect my food fund into charity. He leaned against a wall at the mouth of an alley and pulled out his knife, scarred fingers teasing the matte-black blade. He opened his mind to the people around him, probing for someone easily manipulated, someone unattached. Hopefully someone who's not half-eaten already.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Walker-In-The-Light (OPEN)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 03:56:09 pm »
Easily manipulated and unattached were definite words to describe Patch. His brother had gone silent on him for quite some time now, and he had yet to try out for Paradox. Something about delays of some sort. God he needed some money.

It was late though, he could tell that by the flickering street lights. He couldn't remember how to get home, but he definitely should as there something ominous in the air, something rather dangerous. He would be concerned more, but the drug in his system dulled that a bit thankfully.

His pants were held together by various patches, thus where he got his nick name. His hair was messier than usual having just gotten kicked out of another party. In the very least they didn't kick him, just nicely asked him to leave. Well if your definition of nice was a bouncer throwing him on to the pavement. His arms were slightly scraped up from that, but he hadn't broken anything.

He noticed a guy with a blade scanning the people near him. Maybe just maybe the guy would let him crash at his place until he was sober enough to remember where he lived. The knife was probably just for protection right? Loads of people randomly carried black blades around...heh.

"Hey uh..." he said losing his track of thought as he walked up to the creepy guy, stumbling a tad over his own feet, clearly high on something.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 05:44:27 pm »
There were so many forms of cursing out being lost. Raanan hadn't even known this place existed before he'd wandered somewhere he shouldn't have. He was so glad he didn't have actual nerves in his horns the only thing that hurt was when he smashed them against something.

Did he take a wrong turn?

Not only did this place smell awful, but he felt clean here and he hadn't showered all day. Clawed hands, fangs, horns. Raanan looked like a good predator, too bad he didn't have the nasty personality to match. He caught sight of someone though and he rushed over, they were stumbling which wasn't an unusual sight at the lower castes, but this place.

This place was new. Scary. Raa swallowed before giving a look around and placing a hand on the stumbling mans shoulder. "Know how to get out of here? I'm a little lo--" His dual coloured eyes flicked towards the other person and his grip tightened on the shoulder of the person in front of him. He cleared his throat, "You're both lost too, right?"

Did he just walk in on a fling? That would be awkward.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:08 am »
"lost too" he replied wincing a bit as the creatures clawed,wait he has claws. What the hell?  They looked felt sharp, but at least hadn't broken skin, yet anyway. If it squeezed any harder it might though. Luckily he hadn't taken X, if he had the faint pain he was now feeling would have felt like someone tried to put a cigarette out on him. Thank the gods for small miracles.

"Was askin em if he knew where we weres" he stated simply, staring at the guys knife, not noticing the slightly levitating suitcase at all.  Just staring at black blade with its elegant curve. A thought entered his mind , you cant see blood all that well on a black blade. He gulped and stayed put, knowing that if he tried to run he'd fall on his ass. This had the potential to get really ugly rather fast. He just hoping that the guy wouldn't use the knife on them, and maybe just maybe the guy was just one of those kinky people. One could hope.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 06:13:46 pm »
Llyn smiled politely, but not without an edge of anticipation, at Patch, making sure his suitcase landed quietly on the ground behind him. "Hello. You look sort of..."

His expression changed when he saw Raanan approach. The last thing Llyn needed was someone trying to steal his food... but the demi-human seemed as afraid of him as the junkie should have. He re-composed himself quickly and vaguely sifted through Raanan's head, making sure he wasn't a threat.

"Lost, huh? Well, you're in the Midhaven, if you didn't know that. I have a fairly good sense of direction, if you don't mind telling me where you're trying to go." He slipped the knife back into his jacket, well aware of how Patch had been staring at it. The junkie was his best bet. If he could keep hold of that one long enough to chase off the one with the claws...

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 01:38:26 pm »
"near......" he paused as if trying to come up with a word "sny...kinda......so rta"

By this he meant synestheia but he wasn't exactly sure how far it was from his apartment or anything. He hadn't been there since friday and it was at least sunday night for all he knew. He briefly remembered stopping by syn friday night...

And there goes the knife, back into the guys pocket. Out of sight and soon out of Patches mind. Pocket point he thought a couple times in an effort to remember that yes indeed there is an actual knife in there. pocket point , pocket point, pocket....point

The thinking helped distract him from the creature squeezing his shoulder and the creepy guy near him. It calmed him slightly, the sound of P's in his head. He stared off blankly while thinking, though one of them talking would probably snap him out of it.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 08:22:48 am »
Raa stared for a moment, looking between the two and then frowning slightly. He'd missed seeing the knife, which was probably for the best. Raa wasn't violent naturally, but if the situation called for it he could hiss and spit like the best of the cats. Wary, careful. Raa removed his hand from the high boys shoulder, slightly reminding him of Andreas only less graceful. "Midhaven?" His voice was soft and he frowned, shifting his stance and looking around.

"Can't say I'm fond of it." He took a look around and then tried to smile at the other two people. Obviously they were from Aedolis, or they wouldn't be down here. "I was trying to go... well... Home. But I managed to get lost between a no-where bar and... there and..." Raa frowned, "Now I'm here." He gave a flash of a smile his fangs obvious and probably lethal looking even though he's never used them to do more than chew on cheap pasta since he couldn't afford a rare steak. "Did...I interrupt something?"

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 07:49:06 am »
Llyn twisted his eyebrows into a sympathetic-yet-weary look, as though he were hearing the stoned kid's slurred words, while he shuffled through the thoughts he was projecting. The kid's memories were as fucked up as he seemed to be. Fortunately, I don't care where he was Friday night.

He made a mental note of Patch's mental note about his knife: He could take care of that, if it ever became an issue.

"Syn? If you were there tonight, you're the fastest junkie I've ever seen," Llyn replied wryly. "It'll be a bit of a walk, getting you back there." His mind worked imperceptibly on Patch's, assuring the kid that, sure, a walk was fine, he wasn't in any rush. And besides, the guy in the jacket seemed trustworthy.

The Pilot's attentions, psychic and otherwise, turned to the horned one. "I'd say you sound like you don't live here, but..." he chuckled a bit, as dryly as he could manage, for authenticity. "Being fond of the place is definitely not a requirement for living here." For his part, Llyn usually loved the Midhaven. With all the crime that flew under the radar here, he was almost a respectable citizen.

"Well. To begin, this whole place is a nowhere bar. But, I spend a lot of time wandering around here--" No fucking kidding, Azrael drilled him-- "so, since I wasn't doing anything of import--" his voice swerved into the passive-aggressive for a split second-- "maybe I can help you on your way. What sort of place do you live in?"

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 04:48:37 pm »
Despite his effort, he soon forgot about the knife. Out of sight and out of mind.

Now that he thought about it, the guy didn't seem all that creepy after all. Walking might help him clear his head, as long as he didn't fall over. The guy seemed as if he could keep him from going down as well, he just had that sense about him.

"Sure...walking is good" he replied. "Long as i dont fall over..."

"You seem abit......jumpy"  he added looking briefly at Raa

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2011, 01:13:53 am »
Raa bit his lip and did his best to look not threatening. Sure he had horns and fangs and claws. Didn't mean he was a bad guy! He was indeed jumpy though and he stared at Patch for a moment before looking back towards Llyn. Both equally strange and foreign, which meant stranger danger esspecially in lower levels of Aedolis.

Normally people were too jacked up to bother with crime, but one of them looked very lucid and Raa tried to smile politely before he cleared his throat. "I'm just... lost. I... Split up with my group, after a gig fell through, "It was a lie, but Creepy-Pants didn't have to know that. He might be well meaning, but that didn't make him any less creepy looking. Maybe it was part of his charm.

"So, Uhm... Since I assume no one lives down here do we want to... take the trek back up? Together?" His voice ended on a hopeful note and he quickly cleared his throat and shoved his hands in his pockets, looking between his companions expectantly.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 01:48:19 am »
This horned one, Llyn deduced, was either the most timid, inept hunter he'd ever seen, or sent by the heavens specifically to make Llyn's night miserable. It would take more maneuvering than usual to shake him, if he even wanted to put forth the effort. But, much as he wanted to give up and slink off in search of perhaps less-conscious food, that would look strange to the ones he'd been so hospitable to.

Not to mention you'd either be going to bed hungry, or falling asleep on top of someone's half-eaten body and waking up to a lot of memories that need erasing and three new diseases for the healers to work out, or, if you're successful, breaking Aedolis' record for fastest butchery of a human corpse, Azrael jibed. Llyn was well aware that she couldn't stand watching someone fail so embarrassingly at hunting. It came naturally to her.

"I wouldn't say no one lives here, but it is a much safer bet to be a bit higher up." He tilted his head to crack the joints in his neck, an honestly tired look on his face. "So, let's head that way." He grabbed the handle of his suitcase and started off past Patch, down the sidewalk.

Meanwhile, he let his curiosity get the better of him.

You've interrupted my hunting. I'm aware you don't realize you've done so, in fact I led you to think otherwise, Llyn communicated, directly to Raa's brain. His hand clenched a little tighter at the plastic handle as his irritated thoughts translated to his motions. I would not like to share him with you. Rather, I'd like for you to leave us be so I can eat, clean up what's left, and return to my constant state of having very little time to myself. He turned onto a slightly less well-traveled road. If you do anything I interpret as being in clear opposition to my endeavors, let it be known that it is not beyond me to accept you as my prey instead.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 10:19:19 am »
Patch followed behind Llyn, though ever so slightly behind him. He didnt wish to run into anyone, and there was less likely hood that he would if he wasnt directly in front of the man.

" farther up, less chance of stuffs happenin"  he stated.

He wasnt paying much attention to Ra. He assumed Raa was following after them, but didnt bother to check if that was the case. It wasnt that he was being rude, but more that the thoughts wouldnt stick in his brain. So he continued to follow along, practically oblivious to much of what was happening.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal