Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Please Don't Be Lame  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Please Don't Be Lame
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2011, 10:06:49 pm »
Cross grinned wickedly, thinking of all the possibilities of such a power.  There was so much you could do with that!  And it was true what he said, it was unexpected.  You could even pass it off as pyrokinesis if your opponent didn't know what to look for.  Get them to underestimate you.

"Damn."  He laughed.  "I bet you're better in a fight than you look.  No offense."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2011, 10:14:52 pm »
"None taken." Malachi laughed and gave a shrug, "I'm much better with guns. The great equalizers and all that. But, yes, most people see glasses and a skinny frame and assume they can kick my ass. Which, generally is true, but you would think people would learn that in a building where people can kill you with their brain not to judge by appearances. And almost no one learns how to counter magic."

He lightly nudged Cross with his shoulder, "Now I've told you my secret, so you better not tell anyone or my whole plan is ruined."

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2011, 09:47:08 pm »
Cross held his hands up.  "Not a word."  Secrets were like a currency around here, them being so rare and all.  Practically had to guard them with your life.  He was still impressed he'd managed to hide that stuffed platypus for so long...

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2011, 09:49:59 pm »
"Good. Because I would hate to have to set fire to your bed in vengeance." It was a gamble, telling Cross that secret, but it seemed to have paid off. And he still had others in case things with the other candidate went poorly.

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 01:07:57 pm »
"I'd hate that too.  Especially since I'd be doing just as much penalty work as you over it."

The rec room was crowded when they got there.  Their bad luck for having their rec day scheduled on this particular day of the week.  A lot of the new infantry recruits took their rec on this day too.  Meant they usually had to fight for anything they wanted—though these it didn't usually take more than a hard look to get anyone out of their way.

Raley waved at them from his spot in front of the television, and Cross waved back.  He draped an arm over Malachi's shoulders.  "All right.  New guy to the crew, so you pick what we do first."

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 02:56:59 pm »
Oh lovely. Nothing was better than being thrown on the spot like that. Malachi was pretty sure they weren't the type that wanted to settle down and enjoy a challenging game of chess. He glanced around the room and gave a small shrug, "Um, we could play basketball? Or poker? What do you guys like to do? Us skinny weak ones generally don't get dibs on anything good."

Malachi then smiled at Raley. He knew who he was, though they had never really talked. Everyone knew who Raley was, mostly so they could avoid him, "Raley, right? I'm Malachi, Cross's new roommate."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal