Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Reporting for ass-kicking, sir. |:  (Read 4716 times)

Offline Rhi-Rhi

Reporting for ass-kicking, sir. |:
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:47:33 pm »
Gabriel wasn't looking forward to this.

He really, really wasn't.

It seemed like right after he was getting out of the infirmary for getting his ass (well, kidneys) kicked, he was right back into the ring to get it handed to him by a Pilot. Craaap, this was gonna suck so haaard.

Still, he high-tailed it to the designated gym and made his way inside, scanning the area until he saw the Pilot. Alright. He took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Time to get this over with, nice and fast like a band-aid on arm hair.

"Candidate Tierney, reporting for training, sir!" he said as he stopped in front of the man and snapped a salute, and then a thought struck him and he decided to take his chances and run with it. "Oh, uh. Before we start, I have a small request, sir," he began gravely, straightening his back and squaring his shoulders.

"Watch the kidneys. I just got over pissing blood and I think I'm set for nightmare fuel for the next year or so, so..." He tried for a perky smile, trying not to remember what blood coming from his parts looked like and realizing he'd gained a certain healthy respect for what chicks had to go through monthly. Eugh. "No kidneys?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

Re: Reporting for ass-kicking, sir. |:
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:03:36 pm »
So this was one of the ringleaders. Roman had told him what had happened. Damn shame really, how the candidates never seemed to want to get along with each other. Bart slouched, thumbs in his pocket, posture relaxed, "Oh? Really? Well, we'll see, yeah? Now, Tierney, I got ta hear all about yer lovely little display in the lunch room."

Bart shifted, rummaging in his pocket until he found is pack of cigarettes and pulled one out, lighting up. He regarded Gabriel, lightly touching his thoughts, "We're gonna learn ya some hand to hand. What kinnda base ya got in fightin'?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 08:58:09 pm »
Lovely little display? What? What the hell? Gabriel's eyes widened and he opened his mouth before he could help it. "Whoa, now, what? I didn't start that! That Cross guy was being an asshole and--" Shit. He clamped his mouth shut and bit his tongue before he could say more, clamping down on his kneejerk reaction. "Sorry, sir," he added, sullen.

Well, that was bullshit. Apparently news of what had happened had gotten around and the details had been all distorted! What was Cross telling people? Granted, sure, he'd said some things and said some more things and Alaric had smacked Cross with a tray and he'd started punching Cross, but...still. Asshole had it coming and Sabela had fucked up his kidneys.

His kidneys! Blood had been peed!

Trying not to fume too much, he looked back up at Bart when he spoke. "Er, base? Well, uh, I pretty much got the duck and cover technique covered, sir." Curl into a ball while the bullies punched you. He was a freakin' warrior. "Oh! And I can...punch? I gave a guy a bloody lip once. Sir."

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 08:36:31 pm »
Bart gave the kid a warning look when he had his little outburst, though he seemed to catch himself. He would let that go as Tierney had stopped. His response to Bart's question had Bart grinning, "Well, sounds like ya got a real solid base. But, well, we'll make ya into a badass, promise. Then ya can take on those bullies."

He wasn't dumb, he knew Cross and Raley's reputations, but that didn't really give Tierney the right to react the way he did, "Now get ready. We're gonna have a little sparrin' match. Get a feel for ya. I wanna see what ya can do, give ya some hands on pointers."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2011, 04:17:02 pm »
"Uh, sparring? Us, sir?" Eyes wide, Gabriel gave a quick look around the room as though searching out another opponent and then looked back to Bart and flashed an awkward, nervous grin. The guy was huge! There was just no way.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2011, 04:21:04 pm »
"Did I stutter, kid?" Bart grinned, amused by the kids reaction. So fun to tease the little ones. Bart moved over the mats and motioned Gabriel to come closer, "Might be ma accent. Told it's a little strange for most people. But don't worry, I'll go easy on ya the first time."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 02:51:46 am »
"What? No, sir. You were clear, sir!" Cautiously, Gabriel moved closer to Bart. It was one thing to get jumped by bullies, but quite another to go willingly walking right into a fight, sparring or not. Alright, so maybe he wasn't being fair; he'd started a lot of fights just by mouthing off but that was different. In principle. Or something.

He stood stiffly, planted his feet, and watched Bart warily, not quite sure what he was supposed to do and unclear on what to expect. The way everyone talked about this, like this was a huge punishment, he had come to anticipate the worst. Yet this guy didn't seem so bad...

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:43:57 pm »
"Come on son. Don't just stand there lookin' at muh pretty face." Bart dropped into an easy, relaxed stance, one hand holding a rolled up magazine he had brought along just for this, "Show me how ya fight."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 11:14:51 pm »
Err...Gabriel glanced curiously at the magazine, then at Bart, and took a deep breath as he tried to mentally prepare himself. Sparring with a Pilot. Hoo boy. "Uh. Okay." Another deep breath. "Right. Here goes."

He lunged forward at the Pilot and swung a punch at the man's ribs--but the action was hesitant, timid, non-committal. While Gabriel had defended himself against people before, he'd never really been on the offensive. And it was made that much worse by having to attack a Pilot. Decent or not, the guy was big and intimidating.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 11:26:28 pm »
Bart used his free hand to bat Gabriel's hand away and smacked him hard across the top of his head with the magazine, "That ain't gonna hit shit boy. Yer wide open like a two credit whore. Get serious or I'll kick the shit out of ya."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 07:43:00 pm »
"Ow!" Gabriel rubbed his head and stepped backwards, scowling at Bart. Okay, so it hadn't hurt that bad, but stung enough! With a huff of agitation--and with a glare Bart's way--he got into position again. "I am being serious! How am I supposed to hit you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 11:40:03 am »
"Donno. Better work that out, huh?" Bart grinned, the paper held at ready. He would give the kid some actual technique building later, but for now, he wanted to see what he had in him. See how well he adapted and learned. Besides, making sure they realized how little they actually knew was helpful when going over the basics.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2011, 08:48:41 pm »
Gabriel scowled back at Bart. The guy was having way too much fun with this. With an agitated sound, he went for Bart again--or rather, he lunged for the magazine he was holding. Hey, when all else failed, go straight for the source!

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 04:30:07 pm »
Bart turned lightly, using the magazine to shove Gabriel along in the direction had lunged in, getting him off balance. He lightly wacked the back of his head, "That all ya got? Man, no wonder ya got yer ass kicked in that fight."

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:58:58 pm »
"Gah!" Gabriel stumbled and nearly ate the mat but managed to hop and catch his balance--just in time to get whacked in the head. Spinning around and rubbing the back of his head, he glared at the Pilot.

"No, that's not all I got," he grumbled, though his cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Now he just felt awkward and way too clumsy, but he knew if he just stood there, he'd get smacked again. Taking a deep breath, he ducked low and went for Bart's waist, an attempted tackle. Not that it would do much; the guy was built like a brick wall to his twig.

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 08:51:59 pm »
Kid had guts, that was good. Bart grinned, "Good good." He let Gabe tackle him, though he didn't do much more than grunt lightly when the kid slammed into him, "Now what's your plan there kid?"

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 09:07:40 pm »
Plan?

"Uh..." Arms locked around Bart's waist, Gabriel glanced up at him. Yeah. That was the plan. "Er...try...to...bri ng you down?"

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 09:11:30 pm »
"Ah, well, how's that workin' out for ya?" Bart wapped Gabe again with the magazine.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2011, 09:15:22 pm »
Gabriel grimaced at the whack and shoved at Bart, trying to push him off balance. "It's, uh...it's a work-in-progress..."

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 09:19:37 pm »
"Well, gonna give ya a tip kid. Go a bit lower. Yer not in the same weight category as I am. Should have tried to go for my knees."

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal