Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Don't Forget, I'm The Best. (G-Dog!)  (Read 482 times)

Anonymous

Don't Forget, I'm The Best. (G-Dog!)
« on: July 17, 2010, 11:36:26 am »
Jeremy was running his hand through his hair as he held a thin organizer with his other hand. He pressed a few buttons on it and sighed. He was trying to find the status of his mage request. He was still trying desperately to find a mage. The last one had rebelled...and the results had been unfortunate. He was proud to say he had nothing to do with those results, the mage had done it all on their own. The loss was disappointing but what could you do?

However, it seemed there still wasn't much of a move to get him a new mage. He understood trying to save resources but he was skilled and needed to work. He rubbed his temples feeling more frustrated by the second.  He scrolled down on the screen and saw some other requests were at least moving. His had that nice little pending bullshit attached to it. He growled to himself. He was one of the best at least that's what he told himself. How could it be so hard to get him a mage? Were they just unwilling?

He looked up to see some of the Mages and Mordecai moving around him. He ran a hand over his face. He needed to do something about this. He wasn't sure what. He felt sort of powerless at the moment. Which was never a thing he would admit to anyone else and he really, really didn't like it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Don't Forget, I'm The Best. (G-Dog!)
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 02:08:07 am »
Bijou was in that place between elated and anxious. He had been a lone mage for a while, but now! Now he had a mordecai all his own (or she had him, he supposed) and that made him feel like he had a purpose again. He strove to be the best mage he could be, but truth be told, other than having an interesting ability, he didn't think he was very helpful. His mordecai seemed disappointed in him, but maybe it was his age or his clumsiness. Maybe it was just things he could outgrow with time. After all, he couldn't be a clumsy kid forever, now could he?

Today, he wasn't really busy, but he liked to pretend that he was. He liked to bustle around like everybody else, act like he had some place to be in a hurry. Things to do! But instead, he found himself being the worst bustler in the world. Because as he often did when bustling, he slammed right into somebody and found himself toddling backwards to keep his own balance. Wheeling his arms around, he managed to stay on his feet and he lifted a hand to the side of his head.

"Whoa..." He blinked and stared at the man he'd rammed into. He didn't look terribly friendly. In fact, in Bijou's eyes, he was actually kinda scary. He gaped openly for a moment before snapping his mouth shut and standing at attention. Should he bow? He should bow. When in doubt, always bow, he told himself. He bowed abruptly, lowering his head and then popping back up and watching the other person with round eyes.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I didn't see you there. So sorry. I was hurrying. Things to do. Things..." He wasn't very good at lying and he ended up hanging his head in shame. "I'm sorry..." He mumbled again.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:06:33 am »
The problem with Jeremy is that he knew when he was going to be a dick. He didn't have any sort of uncontrollable anger, he could control it just fine. He just normally decided not to. That process started off now. He reviewed the moment in his mind when the mage had run into him, looked down at himself then lifted angry eyes.

One of his hands shot out and encircled the mage's wrist, not too tightly. He knew what would leave bruises and what wouldn't. Bruises meant that depending on who this mage belonged to they might come looking for him. He bent himself down to get into the mage's face.

"You should watch where you're going." The mage hung his head down before Jeremy had even said anything. That's what he liked to see. He took a deep breath, letting go of the mage's wrist. Jeremy always noted when a mage admitted their lower status it made him feel a little better.

"What sort of things could you have to do?" He asked, his voice still held venom. He didn't recognize this mage really. He thought he would have seen him in files but he couldn't recall him.

"What's your name?" He wanted to shake the mage, but they were in a more public space, so he had to be careful. Some people didn't agree with Jeremy's methods but they couldn't argue with his results.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 03:53:23 pm »
Yikes! Bijou cringed visibly and shrank back when the man he'd bumped into suddenly whipped out a hand to snake around his wrist. It didn't hurt, exactly, but it was definitely a restraining movement and his heart leapt up into his throat. Was he going to punished already? He shouldn't have bumped into him! He should've looked where he was going! He had no idea how to get himself out of this, had no idea if he should try. Obviously, he was afraid of being punished or he wouldn't work so hard to excel. But he had to admit when he was in the wrong, and bumping into important mordecais was so wrong he just be broken on the spot.

His eyes went huge and round as the man bent to look him in the eye and he swallowed hard before he nodded mutely. Yes. I should watch where I'm going. He was afraid to say anything else. One wrong word... One wrong move... He didn't know what exactly he was supposed to do, but he watched the man for cues. If he just understood what he was supposed to do, he could do it and be on his way. His wrist had been dropped and he wanted nothing more than to take a step back so he could breathe properly again. But he didn't. He stayed put, lowering his hand and trying not to let on that he was quaking big time. He'd thought it was only inside, but his hands shook slightly at his sides. He didn't answer the question about what could he possibly have to do, because it was true. He had no real business to run right now, and he wasn't going to slander his mordecai's name to save his own skin. In the end, it'd only get his skin flayed. Besides, he had a feeling it was a rhetorical question. The man didn't believe he had business, so he didn't need to hear it. But as for his name...

"Bijou..." He lowered his gaze for a moment, before darting it back up. Some didn't like it when he turned his gaze away. It was a sign of insolence. "Um. Bijou Chere..." He was in for it now. He'd pull up his file and see just how clumsy he really was.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 01:34:19 pm »
Jeremy pulled up the Mage's file on his personal organizer. He didn't really have any purpose to looking up the Mage's name or the Mordecai he was connected to. It was all a matter of scaring the Mage. He scrolled a little while and found the Mage and his Mordecai listed. Lillian Delfina hmm? Jeremy didn't know her personally, but he'd seen her around. He wasn't sure if he'd be getting a strongly worded e-mail from her about terrorizing Mages.

He lowered the personal organizer and looked at Bijou. He looked appropriately afraid, that's what Jeremy liked to see. It made him feel much better about himself. People still feared him, even if he didn't have a mage of his very own to shape yet. He would get there.

"How do you think Lillian would feel about this situation?" He held back a smirk. He himself had no idea.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 04:45:00 pm »
Bijou swallowed as he watched the mordecai take out his personal organizer and look through it, obviously finding his file and pulling it up. He always wondered what exactly went into those things and he worried that he'd done things he didn't even realize to be added into this mystery file. He wished he could explain himself better, but having no idea what he'd have to explain for, he merely stood still and kept his mouth shut. He watched the man anxiously, wondering if he was going to get in trouble for pretending to be busy when he clearly wasn't.

"Mi-miss Delfina?" He averted his gaze. Oh no! He was going to do it! He was going to tell her about this! He very nearly started to burst into tears then. He was going to mess it all up, he was going to be yelled at! Punished! He didn't know what would happen, but the dread sat in the pit of his stomach and resonated all the way up his throat, tightening it and making it hard to breathe, to swallow. His mordecai hadn't done anything to him to make him so irrationally afraid, but Bijou hated being yelled at and he hated being a disappointment. Ducking his head to hide the fact that his lip was quivering and there was nothing he could do about it, he said, "Please don't tell her. I'll do anything. But please. I just want to be a good mage. I'll make it up to you. If you need any work done, let me do it. I--I can clean and run errands and... and anything! Just don't tell Miss Delfina!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal