Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: As sands in an hourglass... [Tag; Kurai, open to others]  (Read 520 times)

Anonymous

As sands in an hourglass... [Tag; Kurai, open to others]
« on: July 10, 2010, 05:51:57 am »
He didn't like to be kept waiting. And that was exactly what was going on here. Elk was waiting. Perhaps he was a little uppity for a mage. Perhaps he was a snob. Perhaps he had standards beyond his lowborn status, but his cloak of severity was all he had left these days. Give me dignity or give me death. Elk wasn't afraid of death. He'd tried to kill himself before. He wasn't afraid to do it again. The only reason he wasn't in the process of it these days weighed mostly on the fact that he didn't want to give others the ability to lord that over him, too. He'd be dead, of course, but all they'd do in reaction was wipe up his mess and smirk and get on with their lives. If he was going to kill himself, he was going to do it with a BANG and wipe out other people with him. Too bad their damned technology and this damned thing on his head prevented a move like that.

This was all a matter of perception, but Elk was pretty sure everybody in his life was The Enemy, and he had no intentions of letting down his guard for anybody, least of all that jack ass he'd been saddled with as his mordecai. Elk frowned and turned his gaze up to the beautiful golden clock on the wall. Late. And it was only getting later and later. What? Does he think I'm made of time? Get here so we can get whatever it is you're planning to do under way and I can get back to doing something more useful. Call him selfish, but anything done in the name of Maurice was a waste of time.

The only good thing that came out of a visit with Maur was the fact that he could stretch his magical muscles. It didn't seem like something that would have a physical impact on a person, but it most certainly did. At least on Elk, it did. It was a dull ache, like an once active person lying around for a couple of days. He always felt unsure and rusty--getting his magic legs, his mentor had called it. But it wore away in moments.

Despite what it had done to his life, Elk loved magic. He just hated Edanith and everything they stood for. He hated their damned society. More than anything, he'd like to be anywhere but here. He might have heard nasty things about other nations; they all had their fair share of bad things, but at least he'd be... Well, he supposed he wouldn't be free some places. If this hadn't been his lot in life, though, he thought maybe he could be a pirate. It was uncouth and disgusting, but at least it was free.

He nearly reached up and touched the band on his head, but stopped himself in time. Instead, he fingered a strand of his long hair. Maur, get here already so we can commence our work... Elk took a seat in a plush purple chair, crossing his legs and resting his chin on one elegant hand.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: As sands in an hourglass... [Tag; Kurai, open to others]
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »
Maurice looked down at the last piece of meat on his plate. Some kind of meat, what exactly was it? He poked at it for a moment with his spoon (he doesn't like forks because he stabbed himself with one before but the spoons that they had here were good enough to cut through anything) and then poked it again before cutting off a piece of it. It tasted funny, the last one did as well but this piece just tasted even more weird. Better to fill up on other things than the mystery meat on mystery meat day.

His watch sang out in a loud beeping noise and he looked down at it. Shit!! He was late. Well that was normal, he usually was late for mostly everything (he had scars to prove it) but on their day off, and he had told Elk to meet up with him at... where was it again? Great, now he was forgetting where he was supposed to meet his mage. What kind of Mordecai was he? He had a lot of room to fill from his father's shoes, that was for certain.

Quickly going down the hallways after discarding his plate altogether, he searched for signs of the long pink haired girly boy he had as a mage. Smiling as he thought of that. Haha, he loved being assigned to Elk as his mage, he was so much fun to pick on, see his face get all red out of anger. Cute. Just as he thought of it, he saw long pink hair and put his hand on his shoulder.

"Moose, Sorry I'm late..." He looked up and smiled dirtily. But then they turned around, and.... it wasn't Elk.

"Maurice?" It was Yeila, a fellow Mordecai.

"Uhhh.... S-sorry. Thought you were Elk for a moment, hahaha...." he looked off to the side away from her. How could he have mistook her as his mage? Well the long pink hair did it but she didn't have elven ears and she wasn't as curvy as Elk.

She smiled a bit. "Lost him again?" She asked and Maur shook his head.

"Not exactly... just forgot where I told him to meet me... it'll come eventually, I'm sure he doesn't mind waiting a bit longer..." He smiled, taking a step towards her.

"Well, good luck with that, me and my mage are going to go eat dinner. Catch you later then." She waved quickly and started to walk away just as fast.

Smart one that Yeila... she knew that he was going to flirt with her. Ah well, he had to find Elk anyway and if he could... Hmm... something told him... He turned to look down another hall, that direction. He followed it until he did eventually find Elk, sitting in a room, looking pissed off and bored as usually. Probably mad that he was late again, like all the other times. Putting on his best smile he walked over to him and put his arm around his shoulders.

"Moose!" he yelled, pulling him closer and planting a very quick kiss onto his cheek. "There you are! Did we agree to meet here? I don't remember agreeing to this certain place."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 06:29:08 pm »
Elk glared at Maur as he entered the room, and then he had the gall to come over to him and pull him close. And kiss him! Even if it was the cheek, he was not pleased. He moved away from the mordecai, planting a hand on his chest and shoving him away. Just what he needed, the stupid goober being even more of a goober.

"I've been waiting for nearly an hour," Elk said, with a pointed look at the clock. Nearly an hour was being too generous, now that he thought about it. Elk had been at the location early, and why he'd done it when he knew Maur would be late, he didn't care to speculate on. He got out of the chair and took several steps away from Maur--to be clear where he stood, anyway--before crossing his arms and regarding the mordecai with his best irate expression. He was pretty good with irate, he was sure. He might look like a calm person to most, but he had a raging temper and he was extremely impatient. All things Maur was aware of.

"Will you tell me what's going on now? What exactly did I have to be here all day waiting for?" He raised an eyebrow, waiting for his stupid excuse. Maur seemed to be full of them. Full of a lot of things really. Full of himself, full of shit, full of empty promises. Elk went to the nearby window and pushed the gauzy curtains slightly back. Beautiful Tynova, green thanks to the efforts of the geomancers. Did anybody do any work around here, other than the mage slaves? Most of them seemed not to mind their lot in life, but Elk most certainly did. He turned back to Maur, though he didn't leave the window.

"You're not going to try to sweep me off my feet again, are you?" he asked in a sour tone. "Because if that's all this is about, I'm leaving. I'm sure there's something more useful to do around here than play doctor."

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 06:46:42 pm »
He kept his mischievous smile as Elk shoved him away, not that he really did shove him that hard, but Maur moved back to make Elk think that he really did push him back hard. Poor guy, he was so delicate, just like flower, just like a girl. Hahaha. He ignored Elk's proclamation on how long he had waited there, it didn't matter how long he waited there and by now shouldn't he have learned that Maur was always late?

He turned from Elk as Elk had done from him and he shut the door to the room. When he turned back around, Elk was staring at him from the window. Demanding to know what was going on and what he wanted from him. He closed an eye and raised his eyebrow in a dorky face to look at Elk, and banged the head of the nail down. Well he wasn't really "Trying" to sweep him off his feet. If he were "trying" he would have fallen for him already. Just a matter of time, everyone liked Maur (or so he thought).

"What? But I didn't plan on playing doctor. What about House instead?" he grinned, "You can be the wife and I can be the husband. Anndd... well... you know what married couples do..." he let out a small chuckle. Of course he wasn't going to do that with Elk. Well not yet anyway. "Actually, I wanted to call you here because I was planning on taking a vacation and I wanted to see where you might want to go? It'd be a vacation for both of us, but you know, we have to stay together, can't be separated."

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 07:07:48 pm »
Does he ever stop smiling? Elk raised his eyebrows at Maur's actions. Shutting the door now? What does he think is going to happen next? If it weren't for the fact that his magic was controlled by Maur himself, he'd be using it on the mordecai without hesitation. Maybe a couple bolts of lightning through the skull would kill that libido. As it stood, Elk was tired of his lecherous ways. He was constantly hitting on this girl or that guy. Completely undiscriminating. He'd probably fuck a tree if it looked at him the right way. Or if it looked at him at all.

Elk didn't even blink at Maur's leer and his suggestion to play house. He just turned away from Maur altogether and stared out the window. Maybe he should consider mutilating himself. But then he wouldn't have the only part of him that was still useful without a damned mordecai around to stifle him. Again, his thoughts went to that band around his head. If he could tear it off without consequence, he'd do so in a heartbeat. He couldn't be the only one with this thought in his head. Otherwise, the things never would have been invented.

Elk was profoundly unhappy with his life as it was. He hadn't been born in Edanith, but he'd been stupid enough to be found by somebody from here. Dragged back here. Used. He hated it and whenever he was able to leave, he'd get revenge. There was no doubt in his mind about that.

"You might not think it to look at me," Elk said. "But I'm not female and I'm not wife material. Nor will I ever be intimate with you. So move your fantasies along and mentally screw with somebody else."

The worst part about being a mage was being stuck with Maurice. Constantly harassing him, trying to flirt with him, and pursuing anything else with legs, he was despicable, dishonorable, and disgusting. Elk didn't appreciate the reminder that they were stuck together. Conveniently said after the husband/wife crack, he noticed. It didn't matter that they were linked. That wasn't the same as marriage. Besides, who ever heard of a married mage? They were pretty much on call for their mordecai, how could they possibly carry on a healthy relationship with anybody? Again, this was how Elk perceived things. He didn't care enough about anybody here to give a crap if they were married or happy because he wasn't happy and he didn't care to get married.

"Vacation? You made me wait on you for a vacation discussion?" Elk let the curtain fall back as he turned and took a step forward. "I don't care where we go. You act like I have a say, but you've already made up your mind. Now, if you'll excuse me..." He swept right by Maur with no intentions on sitting here and talking about a vacation. "Call me when you've made your plans."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 09:23:00 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 09:11:38 pm »
Of course he had to withhold his smile. "Does it matter that you're not female?" He asked with a "hmmmm?" after his words, expecting to get a scowl and a 'humph' out of Elk. He didn't mind though, no matter what Elk did he was cute. Like that time when he shoved him away for kissing his cheek, just a few minutes or so ago. That was cute. Oh and of course that other time when he almost kneed him in the family jewels, good thing Maur moved out of the way when he did and he only got his lower thigh.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Was he brushing him off? Not caring about the vacation idea? He quickly moved into the way of the door and spread out his arms so that Elk couldn't get thorugh. "What are you talking about? Of course you have a say! I don't really know many places other than here, so I thought we'd explore something... You're smart right? I'm sure you know of lots of places to go."

He DID know of places, he just didn't want to think about them at this particular moment. But then again, if Elk really didn't want to pick something, Maur could find a place. He knew that most of the mages were picked up from other places, so that might mean that Elk just misses his home, maybe that's why he's so irritated all the time. He just misses his mommy and daddy. Thinking about it, Maur really didn't know much about Elk. Where he came from, who his parents were, if he had any siblings.

He smiled thinking about it. Little Elks running around. That would be cute. He just had to go now. So he guessed Elk was right, he made up his mind anyway, but he still might be inclined to tell him where he was born. But then... how long ago was he captured? That made him even more curious. Two years and he still doesn't know much about his mage. He knew that the others made more progress with their mages, hell, MOST of the ones he knew slept with their mages every night. He wanted to have that sort of relationship with Elk, even if it wasn't love and just a beneficial thing.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:41:30 pm »
No, it didn't matter whether Elk was male or female. In the end, he didn't care what Maur thought. It was the talk of "intimacy" that got to him. Like that man had any right to talk to him like that. Like Elk had any rights at all. He found it disturbing. Shouldn't there be a law against harassment? If Elk was clearly unhappy, shouldn't they--didn't they--have some kind of obligation to pair him with somebody more like himself? If he had to be stuck with somebody, why couldn't it be somebody with half a brain and less of a dick? This was why Elk had hoped and prayed for a woman mordecai. There might be some real freaky women, but the chances of finding one was lower than that of a perverted male.

Why was Maur making a show about Elk having a say? They both knew that he didn't. Maur wanted what he wanted. He was mordecai. He was in control. He got what he wanted. For a control freak, OCD person like Elk, this kind of lifestyle was intolerable. Not for the first time, he thought of sinking a dagger into his chest or throwing himself off a rooftop. But that was over-dramatic thinking. (And he was an over-dramatic person...Oops.)

He stood before Maur, blocked from his only exit by his stupid mordecai and his stupid arms. He shifted his weight to one side and set his jaw, turning his face--his stony expression--away from Maur and crossing his arms once again.

"Stop trying to paint over everything." He might be smart, he might know a lot of places, but that didn't mean anything. And he was tired of having an existential crisis. He threw those thoughts out the window and focused only on Maur. If he had to live here and do magic, fine. But this guy needed to get one thing straight. He looked him in the eye. "I don't care what you do. Or where you go. I only follow you because I have to. If I wasn't linked to you by this stupid thing on my head, I would never see you, never speak to you, never be around you. Ever. Again. So stop. Fantasizing that we're some kind of couple going on a honeymoon."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 11:23:37 pm »
There it was, the Moose Pout. Crossed arms, look of hate on the face and of course the turning of his head. Oh if he could only read what was in his mage's pretty little mind. Well he could guess, and sure, knowing would take all the fun out of it. He took a few steps forward and put one of his hands on Elk's waist and the other took his chin and forced him to look at him.

"I'm not fantasizing about us being some kind of married couple... but you know..." He moved his hand upward towards his chest, "maybe sometime be more than our dysfunctional friend relationship..." Ha! As if they really were friends. Maur knew better than that, the only way he would be friends with Elk would be to leave the man the alone. But what fun was that? He liked him. He was pretty, he was strong (magically, not so much physically) had a great looking body, pretty hair and eyes. Was it wrong for him to think about what kind of cute little sounds would come out of him if they were to consummate?

His eyes were fixed on his soft lips for a moment and he had the urge to bend down and kiss them, but of course Elk would push him away so he moved out of the way before he could be pushed again. He'd have to find a place to vacation to by himself, at leas the name of where Elk was from. He doubted that Elk meant what he said, about not wanting to be around him or speak to him ever. At least he hoped not.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 04:14:05 am »
The guy couldn't keep his damned mitts to himself! Always touching him and fondling him every chance he got! He wanted to slap him. In fact, he did. He slapped him square across the face and shoved him back before moving around him, teeth grit. He was pissed the hell off now. He went to the door and turned toward him, hair falling into his face.

"Would you stop touching me?" The jerk! Seriously! There should be some kind of regulation stating NO PERVERTS ALLOWED on mordecai contracts or something, because this was getting beyond ridiculous. At every turn, he was touching him, kissing him, grabbing him in inappropriate places. It seemed it was only escalating. Half the time, he was pretty sure the guy was turned on by getting slapped or nearly kneed in the groin. He glared at that groin, wishing he'd had the ability to actually hit him where it would hurt. He couldn't wait till he was an old freak. Nobody would get it on with him then. Maybe he'd learn being a pervert got him nowhere. Too bad it wasn't true. Too bad people actually fell for his stupid charms. (Were they retarded? Elk was pretty sure they were retarded.)

"You're not charming. You're not witty. I don't find you in the least attractive. Get over it." He opened the door then and went out into the hallway, striding down it as if he had a purpose. Only... He didn't. Not really. Where would he go with his complaints? Should he go to the top people? Should he demand a change? What if he was stuck with somebody even worse? His steps started to falter and then he kept moving. No... He wasn't giving in. He had to do something.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 05:21:56 am »
Maur could only smile when Elk started to yell at him to stop touching him. He broke out a small chuckle and put this hands up, seriously, the guy was a sour puss. He should know by now that Maur was only teasing him, trying to get a reaction out of him and every time he reacted, it was just another point on Maur's winning streak. He watched as he went to the door, opening it and then yelling at him some more.

"You're not charming. You're not witty. I don't find you in the least attractive. Get over it."

Of course, he would have to disagree with all of that. He was attractive, he was charming (people proved that all the time) and if he wasn't witty, then how come he was able to sleep with so many people? He had to be witty and charming for that. He walked out of the room and followed Elk at a far enough space so that he didn't know that he was following him. For all he knew, he was just going in the same direction that Maur wanted to go in.

He was pretty sure he had it figured out. Elk was jealous. Jealous that he had so many people that loved him, that wanted him, and he was jealous because he realized that he can't restrain Maur from what came natural to him. From what he wanted to do. Hmm... maybe a vacation was all that they needed. Besides, when he's gone from here, he could try THAT plan he had. Perhaps it would work, but there was a chance that it wouldn't. He would have to see.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2010, 02:32:09 am »
Honestly, Maur reminded Elk strongly of a very young and very selfish child. He was immature. He was egocentric. He was thoughtless, rude, annoying, stupid, unwise, perverted, and didn't know how to listen. What did any of those people see in him? How did he ever pick up anybody? Then again, it seemed it was always the slimiest of people who managed to do just that. Only a slimeball would slide through several people in a week, using them for their bodies and nothing more.

Personally, Elk thought more of people who were loyal. Steadfast. Monogamous. If Elk ever chose to be with anybody, it wouldn't be Maur. It just so happened that he didn't fit any of the requirements. It was as if he thought that just because they worked together--were linked--that they were arranged to marry or have sex. Elk never even shared his preference with Maur--he just assumed. (Though, to his credit, it wasn't as if Elk looked anything but what he was. He was sick of being compared to women just because he liked fashions that suited his willowy elven body better than the typical masculine attire.)

He was near the end of the hall when he realized he was being followed. It didn't take a genius to know who it was, even before he turned around. Crossing his arms, he scowled at the mordecai.

"When somebody walks away, that signals the end of the conversation."

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 08:47:03 pm »
Maur rose his eyebrow at the elf. "Uh, hello," He waved his hand at him, "you just happen to be going the same way that I am going, not that I really wanted to follow you, even if you do have a nice ass," He smiled with a chuckle before he started to walk on, ahead of Elk. "If anything I could say that you are following me." He looked back at him, twisting his neck and cocking his head a bit, still holding his smile.

Oh he knew that Elk would want to know where he was going that he would just so happen to be following the same direction as Elk. Wasn't that one guy's office this way? The one that handles the papers and the one that would be able to tell him about Elks origins? He believed so. Man, he really needed to start paying attention to places. "I'm heading to that one guys... office. I can't remember his name but it's a bit over there and then to the right."

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 01:41:12 am »
Could he not carry a conversation without some mention or other about some piece of his anatomy? Elk was growing more than annoyed. He was sick and tired of Maur. He was giving him a headache, and his outright lies didn't help the matter. Lowering his head, he cupped his head and shook it. It wasn't allowed to kill him, but... Hey, he didn't need magic and he didn't need his life. Maybe he should burn himself completely out. It might kill him, but who cared? The benefits if he lived would outweigh this life, wouldn't it? Wouldn't it?

The moment Maur passed him, he knew what the devil was going to say and he promptly set his jaw and turned down another hallway. He was not following him. He wasn't going where he went. If Maur wanted to speak to the top, so be it. Elk would have his say later. If it even had any merit by then. Either that or he'd be dead and burnt. He left the man talking to himself in the labyrinth of hallways, feeling somewhat satisfied with himself now. It might be a small victory but anything that drove home his message was well worth it.

-THREAD COMPLETE-

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal