Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Most Important Meal of the Day  (Read 691 times)

Anonymous

Most Important Meal of the Day
« on: May 12, 2010, 01:56:19 am »
Another member to the house. A woman this time. As long as she wasn’t a raging nymphomaniac lesbian then Jace wouldn’t have to worry about her rivaling Cory. He still felt a little stupid. Used. Pushing his fingers through his hair he closed his bright green eyes before sitting at the empty breakfast table with his single pink coffee mug, half empty. Pari and Jares were here still, Jace didn’t see as much of the vampire as he’d like to, having to work more jobs than he should to keep food in their mouths and the bills paid.

Jares and his fruits. Jaces should see if he can get the vampire to try that weird synthetic stuff, it was much cheaper. Gnawing on his lip, the guitarist redid his braid and stood up, adjusting his sweater and apron before going about making breakfast. Pari would be down soon, that kid and their mornings were like clockwork, the few times Pari hadn’t come downstairs for breakfast left Jace feeling a little lonely.

Chocolate chip pancakes were on the menu this morning for the little faerie, Jace and his pink apron and his pink mug. Feeling a bit like a woman as he put the plate on the table and filled up his mug, adding the cream and sugar before sitting at the table. If Pari didn’t show he’d eat the breakfast for himself.

Jace hadn’t given the newest member, Kyrie, a schedule yet. Having no singer meant there were no gigs. He pursed his lips and played with the end of his long braid , he’d have to teach her the bass line though. It’d be nice to get to know her better. A quiet groan and Jace burried his head in his arms, his eyes closed. The plate of Pari Breakfast slowly cooling on the spot beside him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Most Important Meal of the Day
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 06:10:33 pm »
Kyrie stretched a bit as she tugged a tank top over her head. She didn't really want to get up yet but her stomach was growling and keeping her awake. She didn't feel like going out so early to find someone to get some energy from either since it acted as food for her and something to keep her so perky. She'd just have to eat normal food even if it would inevitably bother her stomach. Oh well, it wasn't like she could always avoid it and it would just hold her over until she did go out.

Her wings twitched a little as the top brushed over them. She pulled on a pair of pajama pants afterwards. She hadn't been in the house too long so she didn't really want to greet everyone so early wearing just her undergarments. Then again she probably wouldn't do that after she had been there a while either.

She stretched a little more and ran her fingers through her hair to straighten up her bed head a little as she left the room. She tried to think of something to eat that wouldn't be a whole lot for her stomach to handle. Even cereal sounded like too much. Maybe toast would work though. She shrugged a little at the thought. 'It works.'

She blinked when she got to the kitchen and noticed Jace sitting at the table with his head on it. She smiled a bit after that. "Good morning, Jace~. Are you feeling okay?"

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 04:14:23 pm »
Pari yawned, sitting up in Jares bed. His pale white hair, streaked with bright pinks and blues was sticking out everywhere, loose strands falling out of his braid. He had spent the night curled up against the vampire, he couldn't sleep alone very well. Rubbing his amber eyes, Pari blinked rapidly, trying to clear the sleep from his head.

Reaching over, he poked the still sleeping vampire, "Jaaaaares. Waaake up. Jace is making breakfast, Pari can smell it!" The pixie slid out of bed, already waking up. He was a morning person and didn't take long for him to wake up. He was wearing a pair of brightly colored purple pajama bottoms with happy cartoon characters that were popular 10 years ago. He didn't bother with a shirt, as no one in the house would really bat an eye at his skinny, pale chest. "Pari is going to get pancakes. Jares should wake up!"

Pari gave the vampire one last shove, the pixie skipped down the stairs and into the kitchen. following the scent of his pancakes. And came to a halt at the sight of Kyrie, frowning at her. He didn't like her, at all. Huffing, Pari headed over to Jace, throwing his arms around him, "Don't be sad Jace. Pari is here so Jace can feel better now. Okay?"

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 10:38:58 pm »
He looked up slowly when he heard the female voice. Slowly growing used to it, he gave her a tired smile and a small nod but it turned into a somewhat stiff reaction when a pair of warms wrapped around him and he heard the family voice of Pari. Soon enough it melted and he smiled and ran a hand over Pari’s head. “Okay, Pari.” He nodded and stood up, pushing Pari gently into the chair with pancakes in front of it and looking over at Kyrie.

“Would you care for some coffee? I can cook us something for breakfast. That isn’t Pari Food.” Jace looked at the food before shuddering slightly, he loved Pari, but he knew that if he ever tried to eat something the little pixie ate he’d probably die of a sugar overdose. “Or..” Jace coughed and his cheeks went a little pink, “I don’t think we know each other well enough to...” He trailed off and looked at the ceiling. “Maybe Jares.” He chuckled to himself and shook his head.

Maybe cory. Eugh. Jace moved his hand to his face and shook his head as if to shake away the thoughts. A bright smile and he looked away for a moment. “Anyway. I’m going to make myself something to eat. You’re free to join me.” He smiled at Kyrie and went into the fridge again, pulling out breakfast things before looking at Pari. “Need anything else, Sugar Queen?”

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2010, 11:09:18 pm »
Kyrie blinked when Pari was in the kitchen then and hugging Jace. She smiled a bit again afterwards though. "Morning Pari~" He didn't seem to like her much and she didn't blame him. She was a new face after all and she couldn't expect everyone to warm up to her quickly. All she could do was be nice and just give him time. She was patient so there wasn't a problem there.

"Coffee sounds good." Coffee and toast. The breakfast of champions. She glanced at the pancakes before looking back at Jace and nodded. She'd probably die from eating something so sugar coated. Okay that was probably stretching it but she was sure she'd want to when the sugary goodness would settle in.

When Jace stumbled a little with his words and flushed slightly, she couldn't help but giggle a little. "No no. It's okay. I understand and I think I'll hold off on that for a little while. Everyone just woke up after all." She walked into the kitchen then and over to Jace before giving him a little pat on the shoulder. "So calm down~"

"But, besides that~ Toast sounds yummy to me." Kyrie said as she started to look for something to put some coffee in. She still wasn't completely sure where everything was at yet. "Jace, where are the cups again?"

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 12:02:36 am »
Pari allowed Jace to sit him in his seat, but not before giving him a peck on his cheek. Jace meant the world to Pari, he was the closet thing the boy had to a real parent. Picking up his fork, legs swinging under the table, Pari started to coat the pancakes in butter. He liked when Jace heated up the syrup for him best, but he didn't want to wait right now, coating his breakfast in disturbing amounts of sugary sweet syrup.

Stuffing a huge forkful of pancakes into his mouth, Pari narrowed his amber colored eyes at Kyrie. Encroacher. Replacing Cory made it seem like he was never coming back and that made Pari upset. And it was easier to blame her then deal with the real issue.

Plus, she was a girl and that made Pari scared that maybe he was the only being replaced. She was a real girl after all, not an androgynous looking boy. "Maybe Jares what? Pari wants to know what Kyrie is going to do to Jares!"

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 11:17:16 pm »
“Toast!” Jace said, smiling before getting bread out of the plastic bag and popping it into the toasting, pushing it down and looking over quickly. “Cups? Oh, those are there.” He pointed to the cupboard beside the fridge and opened it, handing her a mug. “Coffee is... in the coffee pot.” A moments pause and he frowned slightly, amazed with himself that he had to point that out. “For future refrence, plates are there.” A point to another cupboard beside the stove. “Sometimes I make dinner. When I don’t, I’m usually late at work, happening more often now, I need the extra hours since Vaughan is...” He trailed off then tried to smile.

“Anyway...” He looked towards Pari and ruffled the pixie’s bed head, “She’s not going to do anything to Jares.  I just figured since he’s rather... Loose... With his ‘charm’ Kyrie would be able to stay healthy easier if she were to make a deal with him.” Another pause, “Or something.” A tense moment of silence and he cleared his throat, jumping when the toast popped up. He grabbed a plate, put it on it and put that at the table. “Butter’s on the table if you want to use it.” It wasn’t really butter, margarine, but Jace couldn’t be assed to remember that.

“Sugar is at the table, cream is in the fridge If you want it for your coffee.” Jace went quiet then, going about cooking his own breakfast, two eggs, toast. He seated himself rather quickly and picked at his food. “Pari, are you up for helping me teach Kyrie a few songs? You can try singing Vaughans lines for now, I know you’re not a very powerful singer, but you can hit all the right notes.”
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 10:07:45 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 09:23:44 pm »
Kyrie hadn't noticed the glare she was receiving from the pixie since at that time she had her back to him. She smiled a bit and took the mug that was handed to her. "Thank you." She couldn't help but giggle a little again after Jace had mention where the coffee was. "Right. I'll remember that~" she teased as she poured herself some coffee. She glanced at the places that were mention afterwards and nodded. She'd have to remember where everything was this time. At the mention of him being late more often, a small frown tugged at the corners of her lips. "Aww, Jace, you should've told me you needed some help. I don't mind taking up part time jobs to help out."

She looked over at Pari when he spoke up then and smiled a bit. "What Jace said. Except without the deal part." She put her hands on her hips and puffed out her cheeks slightly. "You know what I said about that anyway, Jace. Only if offered even then I'd still feel better going to find someone who doesn't live here."

When the toast popped up, she smiled happily again and grabbed her mug before going over to the table and sat down where the plate had been placed. "Thank you~" She took a sip of her coffee and managed to hold back a small shudder that came with the bitter taste of it. "Oh that would be fun~ I'd love to hear you sing, Pari."

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 04:19:05 pm »
Pari chewed his pancakes, giving Kyrie death glares as he did, legs swinging angerly under the table. He swallowed and took a large drink of his milk before huffing at her, "Good. Jares is Pari's and you can't have him!" He didn't like how everyone just seemed to accept them. It scared Pari and made him cling tighter to his remaining family, not wanting them to get rid of him.

Jace wanted him to sing, and Pari liked making Jace happy. But he didn't want to do things for that stupid woman. The pixie polished off more of his disturbingly sweet breakfast before he finally answered, "....Pari will sing. But only because Jace asked him too. Pari doesn't like you."

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2010, 03:36:30 pm »
Jace shook his head at Kyrie, “Only do it if you want money for yourself, the house and food is my responsibility. The boys know not to spend too much on silly things, and I know Pari has enough clothes to last him a while.” Jace shot an emerald look towards the pixie who was mowing down on his sweet breakfast. Jace chewed thoughtlessly on his egg before popping a corner of toast into his mouth. Hm.

Perking up slightly, he looked at Pari and smiled, wiping his mouth free of crumbs before planting a kiss on the pixie’s temple. “I appreciate but Pari, that’s rude. She’s part of the family now, she’s not replacing anyone. Cory can still be your family if you want him to and he wants you to be. Just because he’s not welcome in the house doesn’t mean he’s not allowed to be part of your family.” Jace realised he hadn’t really had a talk with the pixie about any of this, “ I made Cory leave because he broke the rules too many times and I was sick of cleaning up after him. I don’t run a charity for people who don’t give a shit about anything but themselves.”

Jace rubbed his forehead and leaned back in his chair, his hair was going to go grey he knew it. Licking his lips, “That came out wrong.” Jace knew Pari was selfish, “Pari’s different. I won’t ever leave you, there will be no ‘replacing’ or anything. You’re like my little brother or.. Or... My son. I really wish you’d stop freaking out. Kyrie is a good person and I really wish you would give her a chance to prove that to you.”

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2010, 12:44:07 am »
"Awww Jace you shouldn't try and handle too much at once. You need some time for yourself to relax every now and then." Kyrie said before nibbling on a corner of her toast. Normal food even tasted different to her. There wasn't really any sour, sweet or anything it was like all the tastes were bunched together to form one taste that wasn't entirely appetizing. She had grown somewhat used to it though.

She gave Pari another smile despite the pixie's obvious unhappiness with her. "I would never dream of taking Jares away from you."

She listened quietly to Jace and Pari then and continued to nibble at her toast. She understood why Pari was acting how he was towards her. Well not completely but for the most part. "Don't worry, Jace. I know it'll take time to get used to having another new person around so Pari is fine." She'd rather have him grow to like her instead of possibly forcing himself to like her to please Jace.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2010, 11:19:46 am »
Pari glanced over at Jace, frowning a little. He was kept pretty much in the dark about any money matters. Thanks to his emotional fits, most bad news was kept from the pixie. Reaching over, Pari grabbed a fistful of Jace's shirt, his slanted amber eyes worried, "Does Jace need help? Can Pari help? Pari can get a job!"

Granted, the only job he had ever had was one Jace wouldn't be letting him do again. But he wanted to help.

Though Jace's lecture caused Pari to wilt a little, his hand dropping away to stare down at his lap. He gave a small nod, "Pari is sorry. Pari will be a good boy." Shoving another bit of pancake into his mouth, Pari kept his eyes fixed on his plate, not looking at either of the other adults.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2010, 06:21:24 pm »
Bright green eyes widened before he gently took Pari’s hands and smoothed his thumb over the knuckles. There were few jobs the pixie could do, Jace was fully aware how attention needed he was and what it might lead to. Jace already knew what it led to, how could he not notice the pixie spending nights out? The strange scent when he returned. Strangers.

Jace pushed a hand against his cheek before he sighed. “I’m sorry. That was out of line.” A puff of breath and he smiled at the two other people at the table before standing up and rubbing his hands together moving behind Pari to rub his head and pull him backwards into a somewhat awkward hug.  “You don’t have to like Kyrie if you’re not comfortable with it yet.”

“I’m just really frustrated and...” He breathed and shook his head, “ I think I’m repeating myself now.” Another smile and he went to a cup full of pens and pencils and various writing things, there was even a funny looking fountain pen. “I’m going to head downstairs and start working on some new stuff. You two can come down if you want to.” He smiled, nodded his head at Kyrie and rubbed Pari’s hair again.

Jace went downstairs quietly, and the sound of an acoustic guitar could be heard drifting up the stairs. An older song, one of the ones he wrote after Pari showed up and the band was beginning to show life. Jace hoped it was one of Pari’s favourites. He recalled teaching it to Pari first, giving him the lead lines. It felt a little awful, like his life was falling apart. It wasn’t, not by a long shot, but it did feel that way.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 10:37:45 pm »
Kyrie smiled a little as she listened to Jace. Even if saying it was okay for Pari to not like her was a little odd sounding, that was just fine. Forcing the pixie to like her would do nothing but cause problems later. She was still confident she could get his trust somehow. It would take a lot of work but she was willing to put in the effort.

She nibbled on her toast a little more as she continued to listen. Her stomach wasn't pleased with the small amount of it that she had eaten either. How unfortunate. She would've liked to at least eat breakfast food for once. It couldn't be helped though. She'd just go out a little later and get something. She was a little tired but not enough that she needed energy right at that moment.

"Alright, sounds like fun. Take it easy." Kyrie said before Jace took his leave. She looked at Pari after Jace and left and smiled a bit, as usual. "Helping out seems fun. Maybe it'd cheer Jace up a bit as well. Does it sound like a good idea to you?"

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »
The little pixie didn't say anything when Jace spoke. He just stared at the dark haired man, his expression devastated. He had upset Jace and been bad and he hadn't meant to do that. Panic seized him and he had to fight to keep his hands gripping his fork. The urge to throw himself at Jace and start crying pulled at him.

But that would be bad too. He couldn't upset Jace more. Trembling, he watched Jace vanish downstairs. Once he was gone, Pari turned wide amber eyes to Kyrie, tears threatening to form, "P-pari didn't mean too! Pari will be good!"

Dropping his silverware, he launched himself from his chair and threw himself at the succubus. The fact he had hated her 5 minutes ago didn't matter. She was there and Pari would like her if that was what kept Jace happy. Burying his face into her breasts, Pari started sobbing loudly, "Pari is sorry! Pari will be good boy! Pari will!"

Anonymous

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »
Kyrie's smile faded when she the pixie turned to her with a look that just screamed he was about to cry. She felt really bad now. Somehow she knew it was her fault that Pari had gotten in that small amount of trouble with Jace. But it was okay though, she had said so. It wasn't Pari's fault.

She wasn't quite expecting the pixie to fling himself at her either. She had just been getting ready to take another nibble of toast. Too bad it met the floor rather than making it to her mouth. "Ah..." Kyrie just looked down at the pixie for a moment, not really phased by the fact that he had his face buried in her chest. "Aww Pari, it's okay. You're always good. You didn't do anything wrong at all." she said, ruffling his hair a little.

Anonymous

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2010, 11:39:23 pm »
Pari sobbed apologies loudly into Kyrie's cleavage for a few more minutes, arms locked tight enough around the girl to restrict her breathing. The pixies entire body trembled with fear and upset. He didn't want Jace mad at him and if that meant getting along with her, he would try.

After a while, he seemed to calm down a little, enough to pull back and wipe at his face, sniffling in some strange parody of a child, "Can we go show Jace Pari is a good boy? So he wont be upset with Pari anymore?"

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 07:29:43 pm »
Kyrie rubbed Pari's back after a moment, hoping to calm the pixie down. She didn't mind him crying and he could do it as long as he liked if it made him feel better but the fact that he was squeezing her so tight that it made breathing a little odd wasn't something she'd be able to be comfortable with for too long.

When he finally calmed down, she smiled a bit and finally got a bit of much needed air into her lungs. "Of course we can. We should clean up our mess though first. That way Jace won't have to do much later." she said as she picked up the piece of toast she had dropped on the floor.

Anonymous

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 12:38:00 am »
Pari nodded mutely, releasing Kyrie and starting to clean up the table, putting the leftover food away and dumping the dishes into the sink, his wings wilted and his yellow eyes kept searching out the door Jace had gone down.

Once the kitchen was mostly cleaned up, Pari glanced over at Kyrie, then back at the door, "Can we go see Jace now?" The pixie was feeling anxious. He wanted Jace.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 07:09:22 pm »
Kyrie cleaned up the food off of the floor and tossed it in the trash while Pari cleaned the table. Once he had retrieved all the dishes, she did a quick wash job on them and set them out to dry. She'd put them away after they were done seeing Jace.

She glanced at Pari when he spoke up and smiled a bit. "Of course we can." Kyrie debated for a second before holding out a hand to the pixie to see if he wanted to take a hold of it. She didn't really know why he'd want to but it was something, right?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal