Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Bad Start On A Rough Road [Rina!]  (Read 2182 times)

Offline Tally

Re: Bad Start On A Rough Road [Rina!]
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2011, 10:23:51 pm »
Raley screamed, loud and wordless.  He crumpled to the ground.

Temple flinched, not at the scream but the sound Bart's blow had made.  It didn't matter that it was some other candidate, or that Bart was his mentor.  His heart pounded just the same as if the Pilot's anger were aimed at him.  That was the power of it.  It didn't matter where a Pilot targeted his ire.  You respected that power, no matter who was on the receiving end of it.

The doctor didn't so much as look up from his examination of Temple's torso.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck!!"  Raley clutched his shattered arm.  He trembled, writhed.  He'd bit his tongue and blood flooded from his mouth onto the floor.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, 02:14:41 pm »
Bart sighed, wishing he hadn't had to do that. Kid just didn't seem to want to learn and there were a lot worse things in store for him if he didn't learn how to fall into line. Even angry with the little shit, Bart didn't like hurting people.

Reaching down, Bart picked Raley up, taking him back into the Infirmary, "I hope this lesson sticks kid. Let's get ya fixed up."

Offline Tally

« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:54 am »
Raley wailed and cursed and only clenched his teeth shut once he got himself to the exam table.

August turned his attention to his newly broken patient.  He cleared his throat.  "Candidate, do you need a medic?"

"Fuck you!"

"I'm sorry.  Yes?  No?"  He started treating him anyway, and spoke to Bart without looking at him.  "Your candidate is barred from drills for the day and back on regular schedule tomorrow at twelve hundred."

Temple slid down, ignoring the look from Raley that promised pain later.  Missing drills soured him more than any silent threat from another candidate.

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2011, 12:51:07 pm »
"Alright. Thanks Doc. Sorry about the extra work. I'll buy ya a drink soon, yeah?" Bart gave August a wave and led Temple out into the hallway, back toward his room, "Sorry about all that too. Ya get all patched up?"

Offline Tally

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2011, 08:56:41 pm »
Raley's voice carried even once they turned a corner.  He supposed he got why Bart did what he did.  It had been about Raley's insubordination, not about Temple.  But damn...Bart had not made Temple's life any easier with this.  Raley would blame him.  He could deal with it, he just wished he didn't have to.

"Yes, sir.  I guess."  He puffed out an annoyed sigh.  "No drills the rest of the day."

How was he to keep up if he couldn't work?

Anonymous

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2011, 08:54:15 pm »
"That so bad? Take a little break, get some rest. Maybe think about workin' a tad bit on yer people skills. Just sayin'." Bart patted the kids shoulder, "I made yer life a bit harder, and I'm sorry. Anything I can do ta make it up to ya a bit?"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal