Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: [Encrypted]  (Read 3455 times)

Anonymous

Re: [Encrypted]
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 02:26:02 pm »
[Begin ciphertext, Openkey-Rapid64 encrypted]

I have a link- two, actually- one on Cancer (provided they haven't gone somewhere else) and one on Edanith. I've been assured that the first will be free to aid me at anytime, and said Cancer link also enables me to contact someone within the middle class of the Aedolis populace. My Edani contact has a few strings to pull... but not too many. That contact is still (and understandably so) wary of me, and I'm hesitant to ask them any favors.

However, said Edani contact has let me know that they are available if the scientist (or any potential Gospel ally) is to have a chance at hiding out on Mars, if we can get them there.

...Which is close to zero, of course. I've no delusions. But the offer's still there, if anyone needs hiding. My source assures that, on the extremely off chance we could get someone there, they would be willing to hide them extremely well. They should be able to cover them even to the point of assimilating them into the general populace with a new identity, should it come to that.

If we were to have a means to get the scientist out, which I doubt, there's little way to keep him hidden IN Aedolis. We'd have to make sure he didn't get here in the first place, if he's to stand a chance, really. If we're to take the 'sit and wait' approach, that's fine. Just realize that there's a good chance he'll die, no matter what we do.

To take the pirate route is risky, and we also risk exposing Teinar if we take that route- I would recommend taking him to Edanith. From there, I can get into contact with my source and have them relay information as they've done for me in the past. Through this means, we have the ability to gain information concerning the formation of the nanobots... but with the added problem of the scientist lacking the materials to build more himself.

We would have to take over from there. I've no contact with experts in such a field, however.

A total upheaval of the system? We're not ready for such a thing. Not even close. Pulling out the rug of comfort from beneath the feet of the citizens will only make them rally against us. Better to let the Pilots perform needless painful interrogations in the streets to try to find spies, and let the people's grudges fester and grow.

Let the Seekers' paranoia do the work for us. Only when we are ready will we strike.

Or so I would hope.

[end ciphertext]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 04:46:29 pm »

yea let's not get TOO ahead of ourselves now guys.

And let's remember somethin: the lower caste is crappy. The middle? Not so shabby. Upper? Oooo man you got it made. Your lower caste peeps are the ones that're gonna be seeing all the shit go down, middle...kind of. Not as obvious, more subtle. Lots of those folks are apathetic. the lower folks want deliverance, but the middle? apathetic. Indifferent as long as it doesn't bother THEM. Censorship? LOL who cares as long as they don't miss their favorite soap!

Some of them care, but come on, pop culture's good at brainwashing. They can turn a blind eye. Corruption isn't as overt up there as it is down below.

and the upper? boy do they love their comforts.

If we screw that up they're gonna hate US. Revolution is about more than just fighting, right? We can't pull any plugs yet and we can't do any extreme stuff yet because we just don't have the resources OR THE ALLIES. We need the support of the people or this is gonna backfire. First we have to convince them that their country is one messed up place responsible for numerous atrocity's and abuses, and then convince them to even give a damn about it. Sure some middle caste average joe might have a friend who's son got sucked into the Pilot program and vanished but it's not HIS son and hey that's just the risk you take for the sake of safety right? Your civic duty!

Fuck that shit. Aedolis is one big propaganda machine, let's crank out our own. Yea we've been distributing banned texts and crap about free-thinking and all but I'm talking classified stuff. It's risky, but anyone thought about leaking some damning, classified junk to the public? About what REALLY goes on behind the scenes in their utopia? Anyone got any access to it? It'd be fun.

course hack someone else's stuff, don't hack your own. That would be dumb.

Back on topic, though, We're thinking too big for right now people. Let's just focus on FIRST getting the scientist yea?

Scientist first. Other stuff later.

Time is ticking.

STAY FOCUSED ON WHAT'S IN FRONT OF YOU

[End ciphertext]

- Indigo
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2009, 07:03:45 pm »

Like, slow down there fellows! We like, totally need to take a chill pill! Lets, like, get some info first people! OMG for sure! Okay, like, first off, does the scienctist even, like need saving? Because, like, do we even know that, it's, like that dude?

Because, he like, signed his name, but, like so what? Signing my name, like, Dancia doesn't, like, mean I am her (even though I like, totally am ^_~). So, like, how about we like, find that stuff out! Because going in, like, half cocked will just lead to us getting, like, totally messed up. Unless, like, it's Indigo. Yo should, like totally bust into TRIM guns blazing! :heart:  :heart:  :heart:

But, like, the rest of us, should like, find some stuff out. And like, stop bickering. Because, like, really? I don't, like, want to get caught here! And so, I am not going, to like, help some stupid half-assed plan. Because like, if we rescue this guy, and like, he's totally the wrong dude, then what?

It's not like, seekers haven't been wrong before. I mean, like, they are lead by, like Marshal. I think that, like totally leaves room for error.

I think it might, like, be a better plan if we work on, like, getting the masses to love us. Because that is where the power is. Like, the seekers are powerful. But, totally guys, the power is in the masses. Make them, like, aware that they, like, don't have to live some shitty little life. Because, like, if we keep getting painted as villains and like, are totally not giving them a different idea, like, who is going to like, revolt with us?

[End ciphertext]

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2009, 07:13:27 pm »

jdnflkfbhjbkqlkljwh YOU JUST TOTES REPEATED EVERYTHING I SAID SERAPHIM WTF I WAS JUST TALKIN ABOUT GETTING THE MASSES TO LIKE US SO DONT PULL THAT AND ACT LIKE IT WAS TOTALLY ALL YOU

and I didn't say attack TRIM! Reading Comprehension 101! RTFM! And we're saving him because were nice people AND we need the vaccine.

GOSH

[End ciphertext]

- Indigo
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »

Seraphim, please keep in mind that this is a serious discussion. From a readability standpoint, I ask that you find/replace the word like with a blank space in your posts before you add them to the thread. While accepted linguistic authorities today may consider such speech normal among adolescents, it has never been acceptable on the subnetwork. You're typing the seeds of revolution, so act like it.

Securing the scientist seems pretty vital at this point. If we keep him safe, he can continue his research and we can prevent it from falling into the wrong hands.

Indigo has an excellent point about caution and the media. Taking a propaganda-centric approach will allow us to influence popular opinion (thought outright lies will backfire, since the Pilots can expose our fabrications as easily as we call them out on theirs). What we need is solid, concrete evidence. I particularly encourage everyone to actively observe interrogation techniques, as they may provide valuable insight into the life of a Pilot. There's nothing quite like realizing your nation tortures its own.

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2009, 08:05:01 pm »

Like, to bad that, like you don't like how I talk. Because, like, I like it. So there. Sorry if, like, I don't meet you, like linguistic standards, but like, I am not getting caught because, like, there is another mole and they try and figure us out based on how we talk. So, like, shove it Sylph  :heart:

Also, like, I repeat. How do we, like even know this is the guy? Like, I am all for saving the dude if it is totally the right guy. But, like, what if he isn't? He could, like be framed. So, let's like, find that out before we go in all hot and heavy. Like, that is all I am saying we do.

:heart: ,

Danica Blake

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »

Even if he is not, Seraphim, the risk that the Pilots might get their hands on the 'psychic cure' is an intolerable one.  They could inject us one by one and root us all out.  They may be silly, but they're not dumb.  The idea suggests itself.  There are two absolutely compelling reasons why we should save Macario:

If he is a blind, our saving him will make them think they can stop looking.

If he's not, we win anyway.  I was skeptical about the need to save him, when inaction is easier, but if we can... we should.  Now... how?  If he's going to be transported from TRIM we'll have to keep a close watch.

Oh, and if it's not him, why did his communications cease when the real Macario was captured, eh?  We know the cure is real.  I am inclined to believe the scientist is real as well.  Sylph, are your connections able to watch TRIM for any exiting transports?  Can anyone get a handle on when and if they're transporting this guy?

[End ciphertext]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:34:23 pm by Anonymous »

Anonymous

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2009, 08:14:22 pm »

If Macario's the right scientist, he will most definitely help us. We're pretty sure he is.

If he isn't, we're saving an innocent man who will owe it to us to take a look at the nanobots anyway (or alternatively, work for the Citadel if we don't rescue him). He's a leading authority in the field, from what I understand... so even a complete misjudgment wouldn't be against our interests.

Seraph, not going to demand anything, but liking fewer things would be a simple courtesy. My eyes hurt.

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2009, 07:23:06 pm »

To Imperial Xhi,

The terms for the transfer of N. Macario and complete laboratory records are fiscal in nature. TRIM has no interest in conflict with Aedolis. However, our research is our livelihood. As such, we request immediate transfer of four million (4,000,000) credits from Aedolis to TRIM before we begin transfer.

signed,
TRIM Directorial Board
Sec. Chief Mali Nehman

Mr. Nehman clearly isn't paid enough. There's nothing more sad than insecurity at the top level.

So there you have it, straight from his sent messages. TRIM clearly has its act together, because there is no reason they should be holding onto this man. From what I understand, his advancements are impractical if not entirely theoretical, and he has a nasty drug habit. They're getting a good deal and Aedolis will doubtless accept.

Vallewida, call up your pirate friend. We aren't sure when this transfer will happen, but we know it's coming.

[End ciphertext]

OOC: People should be really careful about limits and approval, as always. This is Sam's plot, so go to her if you have any questions.

Anonymous

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009, 08:19:19 am »

Vally, honey,

No.

Not stickin' my nose in TRIM shit. Sorry, hon. Far too risky.

Just not worth losing my life over. If you could confirm that he's a great Gospel ally with limitless potential, then sure, I'd help. But you're asking me to help a guy that TRIM wants to get rid of in a heartbeat. I smell a trap. At the very least, you guys are gonna be packin' some serious heat- well, maybe not you, but the other Pilots. If you guys want him that badly, you get him out yourself. It's suicide.

Get him to Edanith, maybe. I hear you've got someone there.

But I can't help you here. Sorry. :p

...It appears my so-called 'pirate' source has fallen through.

I'm attempting to revive negotiations. My Edani contact has still expressed interest, however...

I can't leave the planet, as you're aware, but once in our territory, Aedolis wouldn't dare enter without at least a full fleet behind it. And for one man, I doubt that would be the case.

Of course, separating him from the rest is your task, not mine.

He is the only viable contact I have left, it seems, that could house him. Provided we could get him out of TRIM hands, of course.

Do we have a rough estimate as to when it could happen?

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 09:03:47 am »

Standard Pilot procedure will help us here. We never hand over money in advance, and TRIM won't budge until they at least have a pending transfer order on the table. Aaaand...

To: TRIM Directorial Board
Sec. Chief Mali Nehman

Those terms are acceptable. I will transfer credit when you transfer the scientist to Aedolian hands. I will be in touch when we have finalized security arrangements for the scientist's transfer.

- Imperial Xhi

...guess who got mail today.

So now we know Xhi will be putting out his pending order for the four million as soon as those involved in securing Neel have been informed. Pilots? Seekers? Not sure about this one. In any case, it will be an Aedolian transport and the exchange will be scheduled for the moment it arrives at TRIM. That's all we need. While I cannot personally perform any kind of credit trace right now, I'm sure someone else can.

Chimera, maybe? Anyone who isn't an Echo or under close scrutiny will do. If you have access, take a look through the records and see when the transfer will happen. Thanks in advance.

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2009, 10:43:52 pm »

I make no promises, but I'll see if I can't look through the records and find any information about the transfer.  It's not going to be easy, especially if all the seekers are banned together on this one.

However...something interesting I stumbled across while lying awake at night.  Anyone else notice the scientist's name?  Macario? Ring any bells?  Well it should.  Our own beloved seeker Alesku Macario.  Whether or not there are any actual relations between the two or not I don't know... but it may not be coincidence that they have the same name.  And if they're related, what does that do to security...would it change anything in the transfer? Would this help us in any way?

Once again...not sure if there really is any connection...anyone able to check this?  See what's there?  We could, possibly, work this to our advantage....maybe get one of the seekers framed if there is some correlation...even one seeker down would help.

Thoughts?

-Slider

[End ciphertext]

Anonymous

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2009, 11:19:12 pm »

Yes.  As a quick VCN search should tell you, they're brothers.  Hey, guys--any of you Alesku?  I thought there was something fishy about that blog.

As I must've told Sylph at some point--I've got access to some of TRIM's internal security code.  Not enough to be all that useful (typical), but enough.  I'm not free enough to watch the data 24/7, but I'll set an automated message for the next transfer that fits the data pattern for scientist-->4,000,00 c.

But, um, I think we need a better plan here.  So, great, we have someone who can take the scientist on Edanith.  How are we going to get him there?  Any of us in on the planning of the transfer?

[End ciphertext]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal