Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Seeker Information  (Read 328 times)

Anonymous

Seeker Information
« on: March 16, 2009, 06:02:05 am »
So, it seems that some people have, all of a sudden, taken to my idea of the Seekers, which is great! I thought I'd fill you all in on what they are, to avoid confusion.

I created the Seekers just after the Gospel's started acting in their current way, with accounts and such. The idea was that these were the police that policed the pilots.

Seekers have some basic guidelines, which I will outline:

-Seekers are chosen by the existing Seekers. A potential pilot is invited. If they refuse, they are not invited again. If they accept they undergo a series of tests to prove their skill at mental invasion, interrogation and stealth, and finally a complete probing by the Seekers. If they fail the final test, due to any treasonous thoughts being found, or if they are caught hiding the tiniest detail, they fail the tests and are usually held for questioning.

-Seekers, within themselves, do not conform to rank. A Pilot Cardinal has the same authority as a Pilot Royal when it comes to Seeker business. This stops anyone from gaining control, in theory. In practice however they do tend to differ to someone, which right now is Marshal. Technically he can give no orders, yet still they tend to wait for them to come.

-A Seeker can access many restricted files other pilots cannot.

-It is illegal to be caught shielding memories if a Seeker wishes to search your mind, provided he or she has reason to suspect you of treasonous activities or thoughts. Naturally this is a fine line to dance, and is monitored by the Seekers to ensure one does not start bending the rules too far.

-Everyone knows who the Seekers are, because they are lawmen, officials, respected members of the community in the same way police are, and probably hated as the police are too. They do not take pseudonyms like the Gospels, because they believe that what they are doing is right and therefore they need not hide.

-No one is immune from persecution. Even the Imperial can, without warning, be detained and questioned. The Seeker does, of course, have to provide either evidence or rational thought as to why any suspect was detained to the other Seekers,  in what is called the Seeker Council.

I'll come up with more I'm sure, It's late and I've probably forgotten stuff.

But anyway, if you're interested, reply! Or PM me. We don't want too many probably, just to keep it interesting, but yeah.

Remember!: If we go by number of Pilots and number of Gospel accounts, approx 1/3 played pilots is a Gospel! So we need YOU! To help fight the rebel menace.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

Anonymous

Re: Seeker Information
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:39:50 pm »
<3 Seekers ^_^.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:48:40 pm »
Rawr, Choco.

Me, you and Rhi are going to have a chatty-poo about the rules. x3

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 11:05:48 pm »
[strike:y91nvhed]O_o..

Uh...no. I really think you're not. Seeing as I went over all this with Rhi aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaages ago.

<3[/strike:y91nvhed]

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh.. ...I mean.

Ok draco. Let us discuss this in an open forum at a time mutually agreeable.

Offline Rhi-Rhi

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 07:25:54 am »
...No you didn't Choco. xDD

You mentioned some of the stuff vaguely, and...way toned down. O_o So yes, we are all gonna discuss it when we're all on at the same time.
OPEN THREADS! JOIN FOR ADVENTUROUS FUN TIMES!
Plots for an Edani mage? 8D

AWESOME SHIP OF PIRATEY GOODNESS
The Sassy Juice wants YOU on its crew!

Ari // Arrow // Asher // Bailey // Cecil //  Cyrus // Dakota // Esha // Francis // Gabriel // Jake // Jericho // Jewel // Keziah // Kyran // Lexi // Malriiko // Nuri // Poe // Rachel // Shiloh // Sitara // Val // Yazuri

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 01:43:20 pm »
It looked good to me...
The imperial one may be a little shaky cause I'm guessing the imperial could just be like...uh no.
*shrug*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal