Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: The Brothers  (Read 542 times)

Anonymous

The Brothers
« on: February 08, 2009, 11:24:56 pm »
The sleek black craft was on the outer edges of the Sol system, its dimmed cabin lights the only clear visible sign of it against the blackness of space.  Inside a pair of figures sat at the controls.  Wraith's metal fingers tapped at controls while his brother was lounging in the other chair, idling pet a cat in his lap.  "So did we really need to get a pet?" Jack asked before giving a yawn that the cat soon copied.
"Every time you ask that something bad seems to end up happening," Wraith responded, fingers not slowing as he typed at keys, "And feel free to sleep, we're doing  a wide system scan with the advanced sensors, it will take a while."
"Yeah, isn't it like twenty hours for one of those?  Why do we have to sit out here and do one now?"
"Actually Jack, it's ten hours, I got those upgraded."
"Oh, about time for that.  I mean, how long had we been looking to get that done?"
"Yeah, talk about it like it's easy.  We had to find someone with the right expertise, knowledge, and able to do it with out sticking a bunch of things on the outside of the ship.  You know that's hard to find, even with some of the places we frequent."
"Couldn't get some real shields on here too though, could ya?"
Wraith paused a moment before typing at controls again, "I'm sorry, I really have no desire to stick a huge pod on the ship with a bright red label 'shield generator, shoot for a big boom."
"You just don't want to make a bigger ship"
"This thing is a classic you know.  Can't improve on its design, besides the armor works better than any normal shields for any ship in its size range."
Wraith looked over after a moment of not hearing a response, just to see his brother asleep in the chair with the cat curled up in his lap.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

shinigamikitsune

Re: The Brothers
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 11:24:21 pm »
Apollo made his way to the bridge of his ship. It was a medium sized ship, modified enough so that it could hold the various things it needed. Plus, in a pinch, it could be piloted by a single person, though idealy two would be prefered, depending on the situation.

He plopped down in his chair and looked over at Pyro. The younger Phoenix was diligently monitoring the sensors and systems. "Where's Ana?"

Pyro glanced up at the Elder Phoenix. "I believe he said something about taking a nap."

Apollo nodded and looked out the front windows into the vastness of space. "Anything come up on the sensors?"

"A smaller ship, sitting on the outter edges. It's not that far away, and it appears to be an independant."

"Excellent. Set a course to intercept. I'll go fetch Ana."

Pyro nodded and moved to set the most direct course to intercept the smaller ship. It wasn't long before Apollo came back with Ana, each taking their places. All that was left to do was wait until arrival.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 12:27:23 am »
Wraith had shut down the lights, only working in the tiny glint of glow from his keyboard.  The scan was well on his way.  He picked up a large ship nearby, thankfully it wasn't large enough to put a disruption in the work of the scanners.  Ignoring it for the time being, Wraith just continued on typing away at his keyboard.

shinigamikitsune

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:53:57 pm »
Apollo waited until they were in range, before sending out a communication warning the other ship to be prepared to be boarded. It was amazing how many ships fell for that. With this done, Apollo stretched and waited for a reply.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal