Home Forum Wiki The Rules Newbie Guide Roleplay Guide Plot & Setting Wanted Characters Aedolis Teinar Edanith Libra Cancer Thanatos Inc. Contact Us Copyright Affiliates Advertise Us Advertise You Donate! Playing a Leader

Author Topic: Limit as I -> Inappropriate (sorry, lame math joke)  (Read 279 times)

Anonymous

Limit as I -> Inappropriate (sorry, lame math joke)
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:35:36 pm »
GENERAL OVERVIEW
What are you limits regarding powerplay/godmoding?
[For instance, do you mind if someone grabs your character? Picks them up? Punches them?]

Will do:
As long as it makes sense and fits with what’s going on in the thread, I really could care less.  If your character is more nimble and faster than mine, of course they should be able to hit a lot and before mine might have a chance to react.  If my character doesn’t know that yours is there, go right ahead and take your first shot and see how far that gets you.  Also, rule of cool and whether or not it is dramatic are determining factors in what can be done.

Won't do:
Things that make no sense.  That golem should not be able to hit my acrobat eighteen times before she can react.  Even if it is a bit extreme, it does not make sense and should not happen.

Ask me first:
If there’s any confusion about what I’m talking about

How far can character injuries go?
[How much can another character injure yours? For instance, are you okay with someone stabbing your character before your character can react ("He lunged at him and stabbed him in the shoulder."), or do you prefer to be able to react first ("He slashed the knife at him.")? Should injuries be superficial (flesh wounds), or do you mind more debilitating injuries (like, say, broken bones or lost limbs)?]

Will do:
Anything from minor to moderate, i.e. scarring, burning, breaking, cutting, bruising, tearing, flaying, etc

Won't do:
I don’t know, it depends on how good whatever happens sounds.

Ask me first:
For any permanent, debilitating wounds, i.e. dismemberment, blinding, tearing out of tongue, etc

How far can torture go?
[Even if the character being tortured is helpless, the player is not. So what are your limits in regards to it? How far can it go? Cutting? Whipping? Shocking? Restraints? Psychological games? Sexual torture? Etc.]

Will do:
See the things with wounds.  Basically, as long as it does not break the rules for what sort of wounds can be dealt, you can be as sadistic as you want.

Won't do:
There is probably nothing I won’t do.

Ask me first:
For any permanent debilitation wounds, i.e. dismemberment, blinding, etc (note, psychological wounds would be allowed unless they are something like a lobotomy)

What about character death?
[Do you mind killing off characters? Or should players always ask permission before attempting it?]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first:
I’m going to leave the first two blank.  Just let me decide if my character dies, though if you really want to kill them, make a compelling case for it.

Are you okay with characters being transformed against their will?
[Think vampires and werewolves. Should a player ask before attempting to turn your character?]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first:
Again, just going to go here, please ask before doing anything like this.  If the muse strikes me and I find that it would be for the best to do this, then go right ahead.

What about healing?
For instance, if someone plays a blind character they may not want people to try and "cure" the character.]

Will do:

Won't do:

Ask me first:
Ack, just see the last one.  I would consider this something akin to transformation (it transforms the crippled to the healthy)

What are your limits in regards to sexual situations?
[Do you prefer to fade to black or play it out? What about abuse/rape? Innuendo? What are you comfortable with and not comfortable with?]

Will do:
Either way is fine with regards to fade to black or playing it out.  Whatever the other player wants always comes first in this regard.  Also, I’m fine with you doing whatever you want with regards to sexual situations, though my characters might not be alright with it.  I’m also alright with “planning” romance, but even if romance is planned, I might end up disregarding that mid-RP if it doesn’t feel right.  Also, I would say treat abuse/rape the same way you would treat injuring or attacking my character, feel free to start down that pathway, but don’t, necessarily, expect my character to go willingly.

Won't do:
Nothing really

Ask me first:
Can’t think of a thing

CHARACTER-SPECIFIC
Go ahead and use this section to talk about specific characters. Sometimes you may be okay with certain things happening to one character but not another, so this is the place to get specific whereas the previous section was a more general overview.

I'm going to put this in for me, please don't bad mouth religion unless you know what you are talking about.  If you actually know theology or scripture or history, go ahead, but I will not tolerate ignorance on this matter.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 pm by Guest »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal